Rate this chapter

• Total voters
B

Ballel

I didn’t even read the spoilers for this chapter, and I am still disappointed. I am glad Wano is over, but I feel like there was a lot of wasted potential.

My problem with Wano is that it feels like it should have been its own separate manga. Momo’s journey is an amazing story, but it detracted from the Strawhats. I am speaking hypothetically, but have Yamato be the one who helps Momo and defeats Kaido. It would be an interesting story as Yamato fights her dad and helps rebuild the country. Plus without the Strawhats, Kidd and his crew, Law and his crew the story would have had better focus.
This.
I said it before, Wano arc seem like a samurai period drama film that Oda tried to copy paste into his pirate shonen manga. One can tell that he adores this kind of story and tried to give his ancient Japanese characters lots of focus and panel time.
Sadly, he ultimately failed to make them interesting or compelling within the context of his shonen pirate manga.

He'd have done better to finish One Piece on a good note and make a few short series/one shots afterwards.

It’s interesting how Oda has focused on how people’s existence aren’t a sin, yet here’s a character saying the complete opposite. The Strawhats may liberate countries but they don’t rebuild them. The ending of Wano is unique because I don’t know what direction the country will head in. Just because the threat that was Kaido is destroyed doesn’t mean the reconstruction is going to be smooth
This ambiguous ending makes it look more realistic actually.
Rarely does overthrowing the oppressor end the country's struggles. I'll just mention Arab Spring as a good example in the real world.
How is the wording in Japanese? The original wouldn't have to explain that Kurozumi means coal, right?

How is the wording in Japanese? The original wouldn't have to explain that Kurozumi means coal, right?
A Native Japanese from Reddit (His Account named "Happy-Time-4895") Explanation about Hiyori dialogue " The Kurozumi were born to burn!" and also Luffy calling Yamato name for the first time.

Also the fact that one page before in the play, the dude telling the story adresses Orochi only using Kurozumi when he said :
"With his last one detached and burning, the twisted Kurozumi was at long last brought to his knees!"
Seems natural to continue using Kurozumi in a singular form to make the pun about Orochi.

wtf is this mf obsessed with me?
sry if you are too dumb you need someone to explain the basic stuff to you and you think anything in that print is new information.
we all know that translation part since the start you are only dumb one that needs nanny to spoonfeed you. but the conclusion that it means just orochi does not make sense and they are only twisting this logic to catch weebos like you that think
> this person knows Japanese so their conclusion has to be right
grow a brain and stop obsessing over me it is disgusting have a person obsessing for you

wtf is this mf obsessed with me?
sry if you are too dumb you need someone to explain the basic stuff to you and you think anything in that print is new information.
we all know that translation part since the start you are only dumb one that needs nanny to spoonfeed you. but the conclusion that it means just orochi does not make sense and they are only twisting this logic to catch weebos like you that think
> this person knows Japanese so their conclusion has to be right
grow a brain and stop obsessing over me it is disgusting have a person obsessing for you
It's ok bro
It's too bad you're not classy in defeat but I forgive you

It's ok bro
It's too bad you're not classy in defeat but I forgive you
> the line says kurozumi so it means only orochi and you have to agree with my conclusion because i say I know japanese
sry it only works for people who are used to beg for others to think for them. if you look at my post history you will find out your friend is not the only person who knows japanese
but i do not use the fact i know japanese because this is not an example where language matters it is a matter of reading comprehension. anyone playing japanese card is just trying to impress gullible ones