Is Mihawk more powerful than Shanks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But there is more to a fight then just using your sword, even if the sword is your main weapon. If your opponent is better in terms of swordmanship u can still beat him if your Haki is stronger
Zoro being able to use advCoC and advCoA already shattered this delusion long ago, unless you think when Zoro fights Mihawk they will turn of their adv haki and only compete with sword dancing?

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars

Rant time.
I swear. This is a good time to bring up one of Oda’s many failings as a writer as of late.

Every character in this dogshit manga has become such a flagrant imbecile that characters who were formerly portrayed as highly intelligent (Crocodile) now act like juvenile ego chasers desperate for everyone to know how great they are. It’s like every character in this manga is overcompensating for small penis size or some shit.

Do you guys remember the Crocodile who masterminded a plan to take over Alabasta from the shadows? He didn’t want anyone to know that he was in charge of Baroque Works, or that he was masterminding Alabasta’s fall, he was smart enough to recognize that accomplishing his goals from the shadows was much easier than trying to convince everyone of how smart he was.

Alabasta Crocodile was a cunning and highly intelligent mastermind, he would’ve succeeded in taking over Alabasta in secret without anyone ever knowing that he was causing all of the country’s problems.

Fast forward to 2022, and Crocodile the imbecile actually needs Mihawk to explain the benefits of hiding under Buggy’s notoriety to accomplish his goals. The same Crocodile who didn’t give two shits about ego or notoriety pre-timeskip, is now raging in fury at the idea that he’s not getting any credit for forming Cross Guild.

If 2022 Oda wrote Alabasta, Crocodile would be screaming his evil plan from the rooftops of Alabasta just so everyone knew how cool and evil he was. Fujitora while performing his apology to King Riku would’ve looked up and actually explained that he was powerful enough to defeat Doflamingo but chose not to for his political agenda. We would’ve gotten a flashback of Teach looking Whitebeard square in the face and clarifying that he is only joining the Whitebeard Pirates to locate the Yami Yami to Mi and “don’t think I’m weaker than you because I’m a subordinate! This is just my temporary plan!”

Trafalgar D. Dumbass went through the same regression in Wano. Dressrosa Law didn’t care how Doflamingo died, he just wanted Doffy dead. He didn’t care who got the credit, he just wanted Doffy dead. Fastforward a few years and every single line of dialogue Law had in Wano was about how he wasn’t anybody’s subordinate and “look how great I am!” “I am not your subordinate!” “Just because you attacked before me doesn’t mean I’m following you or something!” Like seriously, did Oda’s wife tell him she doesn’t think he’s attractive anymore or some shit? I can’t understand any other reason for all of his character’s now desperately overcompensating on panel.

I have no doubt Mihawk’s incredibly obvious words to Crocodile here will be portrayed as Mihawk acting highly intelligent or some shit like that, but the reality is that every One Piece character is now just a monkey and that Mihawk is one of the only few with an IQ above potato.

Am I alone here?

@Den_Den_Mushi @Owl Ki @Light D Lamperouge

No one is doing that? Haki can be part of swordsmanship but even if it doesn't, that's kind of irrelevant to the point.

Unless you think Zoro is going to turn off his haki to fight Mihawk, the title alone puts him over Shanks.
Zoro and his goal have nothing to do with Shanks

Just because Mihawk is said to be more skilled in swordsmanship than Shanks does not make him stronger by default, that's a fact.

You asked me and I answered. Why are you seething?

Literally this chapter said that the only thing Mihawk is better than Shanks at is "swordsmanship"

If Oda wanted to say that Mihawk is stronger than Shanks, he could've easily just removed the "swordsmanship" part.
Oda kept the "WSS" part in, too.

If Oda wanted to say Shanks is stronger than Mihawk, he'd stop using that title for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.