Is Mihawk more powerful than Shanks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm really curious as the what happened to Mihawk to cause him to shift from wanting to fight all the strongest people, and being known as the Marine hunter, to just wanting to live peacefully.

It wouldn't make sense that it's because he reached the top, because those who typically do, always desire more. So something definitely happened to tame what seems to be a fiery nature in his youth.

I think it would be interesting if he killed someone during a duel, that he soon came to regret. It could add some real depth to his character.
I mean I think he does desire more, he just realizes that there's nobody there to satisfy it. That's where Zoro comes in, he will be able to satisfy Mihawks desire for a worthy opponent and in the end be defeated by him

The "peacefully" thing is not a knock against Mihawk at all though.
The man enjoys peace and quiet. He doesn't like to be disturbed. That doesn't make him not strong, or not deadly.

So I'd say he's more like a rattlesnake-- he stays quiet unless disturbed.

Roronoa-sama

Magic Sword, Magic Swordsman, and Can Cut Anything
You can use swordsmanship and not be a swordsmen kaku legit says he Has the best swordsmanship in the raws and Stephen translation , all marines are trained in swordsmanship it doesn’t make them a swordsmen,big mom has swordsmanship
when lucci used sword agaisnt anyone (headcanon don't count)

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Brannew spells it out in "skills" is what they were waiting for........
He doesn't. He says Mihawk surpasses Shanks in swordsmanship. Nothing more, nothing less.
It implies that Shanks is also a swordsman for that comparision to be made.

Literally i keep saying they don't give a shit about Shanks being confirm swordsman or not.
That simple sentences is what they just need to even more push Shanks agenda coz their headcanon has been acknowledged in the manga.

Shanks stopping Kaido makes them convinced Shanks > Kaido
Kaido said haki surpass all make them prove Shanks > Kaido
Shanks stopping the fight make them believe Shanks crew > Marine forces
So you know, world titles, narration, scaling, portrayal etc.doesn't matter to them......
So this is a huge W for them lmaooo.....

That's why thing will even get more spicy in the future.
This forum is small compared to the entire fanbase.
Maybe you're right.
But title wise, there is no way around Mihawk > Shanks when one is said to surpass the other & both are swordsmen.

But yes, a lot of casual readers are the ones who push forward the dumb arguments without context that you said. You can't convince them either way. But to sensible people, the debate is over.

I think you are interpreting that statement in a literal sense. His "All I want is to live peacefully" can also be used to respond to the hassle of being named an Emperor, having an empire under you & being the face of a huge organization. Something that Mihawk never did before.
Not really. The man took up farming with monkeys on a secluded Island. His statement of wanting to live peacefully puts that into perspective.

What has scopper to do with mihawk? Scopper was the third fiddle just like sanji is. Lets accept your logic and say scopper > mihawk. And what about rayleigh? Rayleigh was stronger than scooper and zoro is paralleling him. Even with this logic you can’t put sanji above zoro lmao. And who is going to equal out mihawk other than shanks? Do you believe shanks will fight sanji? Lul. No one. Yeah no one is left for sanji. His best shot is yc2 avalo pizarro.
Scopper is stronger than Mihawk just like Vista and benn beckman are

Mihawk is a YC himself whom Ssnji is above

Status
Not open for further replies.