Status
Not open for further replies.
(Using "they" for Imu Sama to avoid the gender debates. I want to discuss something else right now.)

This chapter is a major L for all those that stubbornly insisted on Blackbeard (or someone else) being the Final Villain.

It never made sense in the first place. The World Government have always been the Big Bad and since long before Blackbeard entered the picture. Whitebeard basically told Blackbeard that he ain't that guy. That after his downfall, there would be an even bigger battle.

And Imu is an entirely different class of existence than Blackbeard. They sit on a throne Blackbeard could never aspire to reach.

Compare how Oda treats them. Just look at their first actions after the Wano arc ends.
  • Blackbeard runs away with his tail between his legs from a 78 year old retiree
  • Imu casually obliterates an entire kingdom

Low key I wouldn't be surprised if EOS Blackbeard gets stomped by Imu
(Of course, Luffy will still defeat Blackbeard, but if Blackbeard does ever challenge Imu sama, he probably just gets stomped.)

Imu's display of power is on an entirely different scale from anything we have seen from any other characters. Even the "man with the power to destroy the world" never demonstrated that level of raw power.

One Piece top tiers do not casually obliterate Lulusia sized Islands:
  • Mihawk's big flex (and truly one of the best feats in the series) was slicing a tsunami in two
  • It took Kaido an hour to move the (presumably smaller) Onigashima
  • Kuzan and Sakazuki only changed the climate/geography of Punk Hazard after a 10 day fight
  • Half of Marineford was destroyed when Garp, Sengoku and Shiki fought
  • The island Roger and Whitebeard fought on was not destroyed/damaged in any significant way
  • Enel spent a lot more time prepping his ship and lightning abilities and still didn't destroy Skypiea
  • God Valley was not destroyed despite the all out battle of multiple Top Tiers there
    • It was presumably later erased by Imu sama theirself
  • Prime Garp demolished 8 mountains while training to defeat Chinjao's drill
  • Rayleigh was surprised at the damage Seraphim Mihawk wreaked on Amazon Lily
  • Etc.

Hell, One Piece characters do not obliterate Islands period. Aside from perhaps Enel's attempts, I think this is the first time we're seeing an island be destroyed by any character
(I think it was mentioned that the Ancient Weapons do have the power to destroy islands/continents, and Imu may indeed be using an Ancient Weapon.)

Even the famed "Buster Call" of Navy HQ only deals environmental damage and obliterates the buildings/people, it doesn't actually erase the island from existence.

But this isn't even a fair comparison. I'm comparing the biggest feats of One Piece Top Tiers to the first "flex" of Imu.

We can compare the first flexes of other characters:
  • Mihawk: destroying a ship
  • Whitebeard and Shanks: sky splitting
  • Issho: meteor summoning
  • Kaido: stomping a couple post skip Supernova
  • Borsalino: stomping all 11 preskip Supernova
  • Garp throwing a massive canon ball

And beyond the sheer power, Imu's display was chilling in a way that other flexes of power in One Piece just aren't.

See:

More than a raw feat of destructive capacity, this inspires terror/dread on a scale that One Piece just hasn't delivered ever.

Imu has been elevated to a scale far beyond the likes of contemporary One Piece Top Tiers and all other villains, both Pirates and Marines alike.

Imu wasn't included in Doflamingo's Throne Wars speech because they are an existence far beyond the likes of all of them. They are "above the fray" so to speak.

And their importance to the story naturally dwarfs Blackbeard.
  • The thing that Roger could not accomplish probably connects to them somehow
  • The promise made with Fishman Island also probably connects to them somehow
  • They likely know the true history and what happened during the Void Century
  • They were likely behind the disappearance of God's Valley
  • Joy Boy's mission/objective and Luffy's dream may have to do with them
  • They may date back to the Ancient Kingdom
  • They may be connected to or in possession of the last of the Ancient Weapons
  • Per Whitebeard after the One Piece is found — after a new Pirate King has emerged — only then will a final war engulf the world
    • This is probably after Blackbeard has been defeated

@Garp the Fist, @Celestial D. Dragon, @Tai long, @Sentinel, @Playa4321, @Gol D. Roger, @Nidai_Kitetsu, @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung, @MarineHQ, @LANJI CUCKSMOKE, @wordy, @Blackbeard, @Topi Jerami, @comrade, @Sir Yasheen, @TheAncientCenturion.
Well, we lack context yet. e.g., how often can Imu utilize such an attack, if it's an ancient weapon? And, how much does it contribute to his individual power? Ancient powers' primary use case is large AoE/DC. How much would it help in a 1 on 1 fight? Just like the battle ship pluton or summoning Sea Kings wouldn't be that useful in a 1 on 1.

- Roger vs. Whitebeard: We know it was a friendly clash. Later, Whitebeard simply by raising his voice, almost sunk the island.
- Enel obliterated an island. He used the maxim to generate thunder clouds which aren't naturally present in Sky islands, however, an awakened lightning fruit could do it on its own
- Aokiji vs. Akainu happened in the middle of Punk Hazard. The change of climate was collateral damage.
- Issho could just drop multiple meteorites to obliterate the island
- The powers of Ace and Blackbeard also engulfed a large part of the island.

I'm sure an all out attack from Mihawk could've destroyed the island too.

Awakened fire, lightning, light, I imagine would be devastating.

And note how Imu himself tears apart the posters of both Luffy and Blackbeard, as he is pissed at them. Looks like he cannot "just eliminate" them, even though being pissed and not wanting Blackbeard to proceed.

And while Kaido doesn't have such monstrous AoE (Blazing Bagua is quite tremendous too though, Kaido could've molten down that island tbh), his main forte is his monstrous durability, physical strength and Hakis. I wonder how much of a help such an ancient weapon would be if Imu had to go into close combat with Kaido and eating his Thunder Baguas.

But nevertheless, great feats from Imu.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I suppose we just witnessed Uranus. And I wonder if the weapon Uranus presumably happened to be close to the island Sabo was on?

The Gorosei spoke of fate when they heard about which island Sabo was at. As if it was fate he was there because then the weapon could be used, otherwise it would take time to transport it and then it might be too late. And what other reason could there be for not using that attack against Ohara? It would be much more effective, a Buster Call is small scale compared to this utter destruction.

I also can't see how Poseidon can be compared to this sheer madness of a power. Neither Pluton that was supposed to be a ship but now might be retconned into something else.
I don't think we should jump to assuming that Imu showed Uranus.
Imu was erasing Lulusia from history in the same way that God Valley was erased from history.

Ohara was destroyed but not "erased from history". Furthermore, Ohara could not have been destroyed in the same way because it was Imu that destroyed Lulusia not the Gorosei.

And Imu wasn't revealed at the time of the Ohara fiasco. Furthermore, Robin would never have survived Imu's attack. Nor would she have met Saul or Kuzan, etc.

The story wouldn't work out.

Lastly I suppose the WG really loves the balance of the yonkos because that fricking weapon could easily have took out Kaido (or at least 99% of his crew) at Wano and Big Mom at Tottoland as they are stationary targets. It's actually a very stupid overpowered weapon of Oda to introduce because now it makes you wonder why Imu don't just use this weapon against Blackbeard at Beehive as he is there all the time and he is one of the lights that he wants extinguished.

Like in DBZ, Frieza should have just blew up Earth from distance instead of getting down there and try to take on Goku, Vegeta, Trunks and the rest.
I don't think it makes sense to conflate the World Government and Imu Sama.

The World Government did not decide to destroy Lulusia, Imu did. Imu did not decided to destroy Ohara, the World Government did.

And the destruction of those islands played out differently.

That is, the World Government not destroying the Yonkou doesn't mean they don't want to. They do not control Imu sama nor do they have access to Imu sama's powers.

They can't request Imu sama to nuke Onigashima for them.

As for why Imu sama doesn't nuke all the Pirates, we don't know. We don't even know that Imu sama considers Blackbeard a light that must be erased from history. That interpretation is not at all clear.

(Using "they" for Imu Sama to avoid the gender debates. I want to discuss something else right now.)

This chapter is a major L for all those that stubbornly insisted on Blackbeard (or someone else) being the Final Villain.

It never made sense in the first place. The World Government have always been the Big Bad and since long before Blackbeard entered the picture. Whitebeard basically told Blackbeard that he ain't that guy. That after his downfall, there would be an even bigger battle.

And Imu is an entirely different class of existence than Blackbeard. They sit on a throne Blackbeard could never aspire to reach.

Compare how Oda treats them. Just look at their first actions after the Wano arc ends.
  • Blackbeard runs away with his tail between his legs from a 78 year old retiree
  • Imu casually obliterates an entire kingdom

Low key I wouldn't be surprised if EOS Blackbeard gets stomped by Imu
(Of course, Luffy will still defeat Blackbeard, but if Blackbeard does ever challenge Imu sama, he probably just gets stomped.)

Imu's display of power is on an entirely different scale from anything we have seen from any other characters. Even the "man with the power to destroy the world" never demonstrated that level of raw power.

One Piece top tiers do not casually obliterate Lulusia sized Islands:
  • Mihawk's big flex (and truly one of the best feats in the series) was slicing a tsunami in two
  • It took Kaido an hour to move the (presumably smaller) Onigashima
  • Kuzan and Sakazuki only changed the climate/geography of Punk Hazard after a 10 day fight
  • Half of Marineford was destroyed when Garp, Sengoku and Shiki fought
  • The island Roger and Whitebeard fought on was not destroyed/damaged in any significant way
  • Enel spent a lot more time prepping his ship and lightning abilities and still didn't destroy Skypiea
  • God Valley was not destroyed despite the all out battle of multiple Top Tiers there
    • It was presumably later erased by Imu sama theirself
  • Prime Garp demolished 8 mountains while training to defeat Chinjao's drill
  • Rayleigh was surprised at the damage Seraphim Mihawk wreaked on Amazon Lily
  • Etc.

Hell, One Piece characters do not obliterate Islands period. Aside from perhaps Enel's attempts, I think this is the first time we're seeing an island be destroyed by any character
(I think it was mentioned that the Ancient Weapons do have the power to destroy islands/continents, and Imu may indeed be using an Ancient Weapon.)

Even the famed "Buster Call" of Navy HQ only deals environmental damage and obliterates the buildings/people, it doesn't actually erase the island from existence.

But this isn't even a fair comparison. I'm comparing the biggest feats of One Piece Top Tiers to the first "flex" of Imu.

We can compare the first flexes of other characters:
  • Mihawk: destroying a ship
  • Whitebeard and Shanks: sky splitting
  • Issho: meteor summoning
  • Kaido: stomping a couple post skip Supernova
  • Borsalino: stomping all 11 preskip Supernova
  • Garp throwing a massive canon ball

And beyond the sheer power, Imu's display was chilling in a way that other flexes of power in One Piece just aren't.

See:

More than a raw feat of destructive capacity, this inspires terror/dread on a scale that One Piece just hasn't delivered ever.

Imu has been elevated to a scale far beyond the likes of contemporary One Piece Top Tiers and all other villains, both Pirates and Marines alike.

Imu wasn't included in Doflamingo's Throne Wars speech because they are an existence far beyond the likes of all of them. They are "above the fray" so to speak.

And their importance to the story naturally dwarfs Blackbeard.
  • The thing that Roger could not accomplish probably connects to them somehow
  • The promise made with Fishman Island also probably connects to them somehow
  • They likely know the true history and what happened during the Void Century
  • They were likely behind the disappearance of God's Valley
  • Joy Boy's mission/objective and Luffy's dream may have to do with them
  • They may date back to the Ancient Kingdom
  • They may be connected to or in possession of the last of the Ancient Weapons
  • Per Whitebeard after the One Piece is found — after a new Pirate King has emerged — only then will a final war engulf the world
    • This is probably after Blackbeard has been defeated

@Garp the Fist, @Celestial D. Dragon, @Tai long, @Sentinel, @Playa4321, @Gol D. Roger, @Nidai_Kitetsu, @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung, @MarineHQ, @LANJI CUCKSMOKE, @wordy, @Blackbeard, @Topi Jerami, @comrade, @Sir Yasheen, @TheAncientCenturion.
I can't picture Imu as a straight up warrior liks other Top Tiers. He's an ancient weapon most likely and he might have other "Godly" powers fitting for a final villain, but whether he starts fighting like Kaido or whoever, not sure about that.

Imu is absolutely the final villain though.

Status
Not open for further replies.