One Piece Chapter 1061: "The Island of the Future"

Rate this chapter

• Total voters

Red Night

Chise and Joseph
I made the mistake of only seeing the barrel with the ears before and not realising its part of the ship.
Maybe Carrot ate the barrel fruit after all?

Seriously though, seems like the SHs have their own tribute to Carrot at least, that must be coincidence. Maybe it is deliberate foreshadowing like Caribou in the barrel again lol.
It's just Oda mocking Carrot fans. I'm just waiting for the moment we learn Carrot died during the travel between Wano and Zou then Wanda took her ruler place.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
What about breakfast?
It's 9pm
Breakfast theory??
Last chapter Oda acknowledge the Barrel Bros by showing Caribou in a barrel
This chapter he literally put Rabbit ears on a barrel shaped turbine, once again acknowledging us.

Since he clearly knows that Carrot doesn't have closure and is doing these cheeky things I would imagine the next chapter being the penultimate one.

Just like the breakfast scenes in Kramer vs Kramer.

You have the 1st one that's a little messy
2nd one that shows progress
And then the 3rd that's the payoff
:finally:

It is the rule of 3 in terms of story telling

Breakfast scenes for reference

SHs did not celebrate Jinbei's arrival with a toast against because Vegapunk will join the crew !
:crazwhat::crazwhat:
Vegapunk4nakama
As cool as that would be, it would make the Straw Hats incredibly OP.

I can see his daughter/granddaughter (or the Android if it has a mind of its own) joining perhaps, since a Scientist on the crew would be neat. We don't have one of those, right?? The closest is Franky, and he's a Shipwright.

I can see a lot of things being done with a character like that in future arcs. As of right now though, it's hard to say if this will happen.

A Nami clone on the ship, though...? Not sure how I feel about that. :whitepress:

Red Night

Chise and Joseph
Last chapter Oda acknowledge the Barrel Bros by showing Caribou in a barrel
This chapter he literally put Rabbit ears on a barrel shaped turbine, once again acknowledging us.

Since he clearly knows that Carrot doesn't have closure and is doing these cheeky things I would imagine the next chapter being the penultimate one.

Just like the breakfast scenes in Kramer vs Kramer.

You have the 1st one that's a little messy
2nd one that shows progress
And then the 3rd that's the payoff
:finally:

It is the rule of 3 in terms of story telling

Breakfast scenes for reference
Every chapter is the penultimate one. Every time, Oda accidentally gives a reason for Carrot fans to hope.