Who’s a better villain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
:josad: That would be so shitty. It’s barely acceptable that he’ll be as strong as Marco, making him a low top tier is so unbelievable
Why is it unbelievable? It’s just shonen anime:

Frieza trained for four months and surpassed Super Saiyan God
Devil Union Asta got his ass handed to him by Yamis sister
Natsu was suddenly able to 2v1 sabertooth dragonslayers
Byakuya lost to bankai Ichigo but was able to easily destroy an Espada two ranks behind someone who neg diffed ichigo

I never considered lucci below Mr. Go. Mr. Go was just part of CP0 longer.

And Who’s who was just talking out his ass. Who’s who hasn’t seen lucci in twelve years. So if he thought he was as strong as an 18 year old lucci good for him.
Who's Who was nostalgic about the era where he was the young CP9 with most potential alongside Lucci and guys like Jabura were jealous of him.

Without realising that Lucci had surpassed him(and most CP0 members) in Rokushiki skills by Water 7 by unlocking the Seventh Technique , Lucci back then could probably defeat Pacifista using it

:josad: That would be so shitty. It’s barely acceptable that he’ll be as strong as Marco, making him a low top tier is so unbelievable
Being competent > stacking stats
Lucci will have peak phyiscal stats, possibly devil fruit awakening.
I'm expecting ACoA haki after his training, and you can expect it to be pretty competent.
The thing people disregard when powerscaling is how skilled the combatants actually are. Lucci is an expert marital artist, he knows how to actually fight and has the bloodlust and will to back it up. It doesn't matter if you have superior durability or AP if you're not good enough to land hits and constantly being outskilled by your opponent.
ACoA + Rokougun should do some decent damage.

But yeah these classifications we use aren't as realistic as we think they are.
Lucci for example has all the necessary tools to beat guys like Doflamingo or Crocodile, there's no issue with him outplaying Luffy.

Byakuya lost to bankai Ichigo but was able to easily destroy an Espada two ranks behind someone who neg diffed ichigo
That was alright iirc. Byakuya would've defeated Bankai Ichigo comfortably if not for the hollow switch which Base Ulqiorra admitted has Reiatsu even stronger than his.

Kenpachi made no sense. He should've never removed his seal then it would've been ok as well.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎

None of those are examples of good writing though. People hate the fact Frieza could go from fodder level to being able to one shot Gohan in that period of time, Natsu (and FT) is incredibly inconsistent with powerscaling and Ichigo’s own PL massively changes throughout the series in both ways.

Lucci represents a very specific aspect of the WG that Luffy already overcome. Having him come back this strong with the same mentality and having him be a decent fight for Luffy tells me that this ideology that Luffy already beat once needs to be smacked again, which is retreading ground.

Who's Who was nostalgic about the era where he was the young CP9 with most potential alongside Lucci and guys like Jabura were jealous of him.

Without realising that Lucci had surpassed him(and most CP0 members) in Rokushiki skills by Water 7 by unlocking the Seventh Technique , Lucci back then could probably defeat Pacifista using it
Pacifista really did fuck the scaling up. But I guess when you think about the problem was the monster trio lacked the tools to damage them since the pacifista body’s were too hard.

Post timeskip they just gained those tools in the form of haki that reinforced their attacks

There are still levels when it shouldn't even make shonen powerlevels BS.

It's another braindead BS from the author but don't worry; DBS is already a disaster in terms of writing.
I'm not that far into the story, so I can't tell.
Not suddenly, due to TS training. Plus, Natsu is the MC. When talking about Fairy Tail, even Mashima portrayed Natsu's strength growth fine when a Pre-TS villain, Blue Note, appeared who was one shot by Natsu instead. This moment illustrated how Natsu has gotten stronger over the years.
It's also BS but more believable since Byakuya is one of the stronger Captains who were supposed to fight against the strongest arrancar if I recall correctly. They're more comparable to the shichibukai.

None of those are examples of good writing though. People hate the fact Frieza could go from fodder level to being able to one shot Gohan in that period of time, Natsu (and FT) is incredibly inconsistent with powerscaling and Ichigo’s own PL massively changes throughout the series in both ways.

Lucci represents a very specific aspect of the WG that Luffy already overcome. Having him come back this strong with the same mentality and having him be a decent fight for Luffy tells me that this ideology that Luffy already beat once needs to be smacked again, which is retreading ground.
What makes you think he has the same mentality?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I'm expecting ACoA haki after his training, and you can expect it to be pretty competent.
The thing people disregard when powerscaling is how skilled the combatants actually are. Lucci is an expert marital artist, he knows how to actually fight and has the bloodlust and will to back it up. It doesn't matter if you have superior durability or AP if you're not good enough to land hits and constantly being outskilled by your opponent.

Lucci for example has all the necessary tools to beat guys like Doflamingo or Crocodile, there's no issue with him outplaying Luffy.
Unless he got tutored by an admiral I can’t really see Lucci reaching this level while maintaining a steady job in Cipher Pol 0.

Fairy Tail and Black Clover get called out for this all the time

And Byakuya in the Espada arc is at least a different person than he was before

Damn bro. I did not expect you to expect so much from current Lucci. I pretty much think he's fodder to anything beyond Base Luffy and roughly commander level

Yonko tier is a very reserved category and the mc himself needed asspulls to reach that level, if Lucci is yonko level then thats just trash writing
This. :finally:

There’s a reason why there are only 4 Yonkos in the entire world of One Piece. It‘s not something someone like Lucci could achieve with just two years of training.

You could be like “Bu-Bu-BuT LufFY OnLy TraInEd foR 18 MoN-“ Yes, but Luffy has been training his abilities for much longer. That, and he trained every day for that amount of time. Kind of what Saitama did, except Luffy came out with a head of hair still intact. :saitahu:

We know that Luffy was training his DF as far back as the ASL Flashback when he showed Ace and Sabo a new move he was working on. Gomu Gomu no… Pistol, I think?

This may be one of the reasons why his DF awakened when it did, because he used it long enough to where he became truly connected to it. Like the final piece of a puzzle connecting to form one big image. It doesn’t look like much when there’s only one piece, but fully connected you can see everything as it was meant to be.

We could also assume Law and Kid have had their DFs since childhood as well, considering they awakened them around the same time.

If Lucci was able to pull a punch like Atlas did to Luffy (although he wasn’t taking it seriously like Nami’s punch) then that would be like putting Lucci up against Kaido.

Now, can you realistically see that working in Lucci’s favor? No, probably not. Unless he were to unlock Neko Neko no Mi, Model: Sun Leopard then I doubt he’ll succeed. It would be better to pull a Greenbull if you didn’t have Plot Armor. :usoprice:

Luffy’s Yonko status has had a mild reaction in the story so far, with Kid and Bonney being the only ones mentioning it along with Luffy’s hair color. If Luffy were to defeat Lucci easily then this would further show how powerful he’s become. It could also be a good setup for stronger opponents to come after him, like the Gorosei or even Imu at some point.

Wow. I wrote a lot here, lol.:milaugh:

This. :finally:

There’s a reason why there are only 4 Yonkos in the entire world of One Piece. It‘s not something someone like Lucci could achieve with just two years of training.

You could be like “Bu-Bu-BuT LufFY OnLy TraInEd foR 18 MoN-“ Yes, but Luffy has been training his abilities for much longer. That, and he trained every day for that amount of time. Kind of what Saitama did, except Luffy came out with a head of hair still intact. :saitahu:

We know that Luffy was training his DF as far back as the ASL Flashback when he showed Ace and Sabo a new move he was working on. Gomu Gomu no… Pistol, I think?

This may be one of the reasons why his DF awakened when it did, because he used it long enough to where he became truly connected to it. Like the final piece of a puzzle connecting to form one big image. It doesn’t look like much when there’s only one piece, but fully connected you can see everything as it was meant to be.

We could also assume Law and Kid have had their DFs since childhood as well, considering they awakened them around the same time.

If Lucci was able to pull a punch like Atlas did to Luffy (although he wasn’t taking it seriously like Nami’s punch) then that would be like putting Lucci up against Kaido.

Now, can you realistically see that working in Lucci’s favor? No, probably not. Unless he were to unlock Neko Neko no Mi, Model: Sun Leopard then I doubt he’ll succeed. It would be better to pull a Greenbull if you didn’t have Plot Armor. :usoprice:

Luffy’s Yonko status has had a mild reaction in the story so far, with Kid and Bonney being the only ones mentioning it along with Luffy’s hair color. If Luffy were to defeat Lucci easily then this would further show how powerful he’s become. It could also be a good setup for stronger opponents to come after him, like the Gorosei or even Imu at some point.

Wow. I wrote a lot here, lol.:milaugh:
Pretty sure both kid and law ate their fruits in their childhood

Unless he got tutored by an admiral I can’t really see Lucci reaching this level while maintaining a steady job in Cipher Pol 0.
When did he join Cp0 tho we don't really know that. He's a prodigy so something like that can be easily asspulled.

Damn bro. I did not expect you to expect so much from current Lucci. I pretty much think he's fodder to anything beyond Base Luffy and roughly commander level
He can be a YC1 easily.
Doffy for example has no powers that can help him against Crocodile or YC1s, but he's usually placed there because of his wit and skills

Thing is, what the fuck does CP0 even do? They failed every single mission they've ever been given.
"Go to Baltigo and try to eliminate Blackbeard and the Revs in the midst of their battles"
-Blackbeard and the Revs get away and the island is destroyed
"Go to Dressrosa and capture the Revs there"
-Sabo escapes after getting the Mera Mera no Mi
"Go to Wano and interfere the war at Onigashima, and try your best to eliminate Luffy and Robin"
-They sit on their asses while watching them fight their opponents and only try to butt in when it's too late for them, and Luffy ends up awakening his fruit and Robin runs off with him
The Admirals might not be the most powerful or most intelligent characters but they fare well in both of those categories and atleast they can get a job done. Without Kuma, Kizaru would have eliminated Luffy like he was ordered to. And Akainu murdered Ace ( though he was aiming for Luffy ). They get their jobs done.

Status
Not open for further replies.