Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No
No i didnt. I was speaking in a general terms about how people used to think having sword = swordsman

Having sword attacks doesn't automatically make you a swordsman because if so big mom would be one too. We don't know enough about roger and shanks to classify as legit swordsmen
learn what "y'all" means before you use it then moron

we know more than enough about them to classify them as swordsmen, cope bitch

zoro will never be a clown like sanji that you so desperately want him to be

We didnt expect a fleet for SH when Dressrosa started and we got some. The fact is luffy got one and that matters in the universe. Bounty are reputation and a Fleet is something that scares people and many places. Kidd and Law didnt have that and Buggy had even tho in his own clown way,
Yea but Buggy's fleet could just be solo'd by Kid lol, so it's really the quality of the fleet.

And that's my point, Luffy as the MC is breaking all the exceptions, and we're judging Law & Kid based on Luffy, rather than the established history of One Piece.

Why are we comparing a early 20s Law & Kid to Whitebeard/Shiki/Big Mom/Kaido/etc in their 40s-70s, or Shanks in his 30s...? Because we believe they'd get the same treatment as the MC, Luffy, in which they would be uber strong at a very young age and break the laws established by One Piece's in-verse history of when people reach their peaks.

Going by HISTORY of one piece, Law & Kid were a decade early to be challenging a top tier.

You are technically correct, although the reality is a bit different.

Kidd stood no chance from the beginning. He got his ass high up after Big Mom stuff which wasn't concrete 1 vs 1 or even 2 vs 1.

Oda simply baited Kidd fans into believing he is among the big players.

This "New Generation" bullshit needs to be stopped.

Not everyone is/will be Luffy.
He goes from tanking a bunch of attacks from Big Mom while dealing with damage from Hawkins doll to getting one shot by single attack from Shanks. If that isn’t just cheap shock value hype then I don’t know what is lol. No one expect Kidd to win in this situation, but to lose like this after Wano is ridiculous idc

You're absolutely right ... but this argument doesn't work for Shanks cause literally every turn and everything about his strength revolves around his swordsman ship, even 4 Billion datebook states that.
Things is the manga is the opposite , all his hype come from haki .
Hell even in the new Movie it about his Haki , as for me i just call them even and call it a day lol .

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
He goes from tanking a bunch of attacks from Big Mom while dealing with damage from Hawkins doll to getting one shot by single attack from Shanks. If that isn’t just cheap shock value hype then I don’t know what is lol. No one expect Kidd to win in this situation, but to lose like this after Wano is ridiculous idc
You know how wrong that fight was man. Don't make me started on everything from Big Mom's idiotic movements to not using he strongest Haki form.

Realistically Law and Kidd should get raped by her.

Yea but Buggy's fleet could just be solo'd by Kid lol, so it's really the quality of the fleet.

And that's my point, Luffy as the MC is breaking all the exceptions, and we're judging Law & Kid based on Luffy, rather than the established history of One Piece.

Why are we comparing a early 20s Law & Kid to Whitebeard/Shiki/Big Mom/Kaido/etc in their 40s-70s, or Shanks in his 30s...? Because we believe they'd get the same treatment as the MC, Luffy, in which they would be uber strong at a very young age and break the laws established by One Piece's in-verse history of when people reach their peaks.
I see your point, thing is the world was in a stalemate till marineford happened and now it's going to happen the biggest event of the world that we know and simply there is no time or resources for those 2. Luffy is in the situation to be called an yonko, he got the nika and got the fleet and we see no more contenders for the position.

obviously the fleet is like 95% fodder but so is the rest of the world, the marines.

just a few people are absurdly strong

Status
Not open for further replies.