One Piece Chapter 1087; “Battleship Bags”

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's crazy to think that Whitebeard was 72 when he died and he was already very poorly due to old age.

Rayleigh and Garp are 78, the former scared Blackbeard off, the latter is soloing the strongest of the BB pirates other than BB himself.

78 year olds.

Powerlevels aside, this chapter did it best to make me dislike both Garp and Kuzan with this forced Garp-Kuzan backstory garbage, if you can even call it one lol. So apparently we know jackshit about their relationship before chapter 1087 aside from the extremely small frames we got from a random panel here and there, and yet this entire fight depends on these small bits to build the whole "mentor vs disciple" theme.

Kuzan got a second chance for salvation depending on his real objective, but Garp for me has sunk so low with his involvement with Koby and sword that it might even be lower than Meme.

@Blackbeard you may or may not see this, thoughts on the dirtiest players of the game in this chapter?

Loved how Shiryu smiled he was like "bingo got you"

Pizarro and Vasco Shot were nice too
Apologize for the late reply bro, i think this chapter portrayed them just about right. Shiryu's performance was great, especially knowing that this entirely is a sendoff for one of the legendary old characters Oda seemingly can't stop to praise.

That's some nice headcanon, couldn't scratch him but did far more than that to "Iron" Garp.
The fact that Oda portrayed Shiryu as someone that can potentially finish a top tier legend like Garp at start of a fight is insane, didn't even need named moves or awakening.
Put Garp on life support and came out of the exchange with only a bloody nose. :myman:
That’s what squard did to WB. Nothing special

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Powerlevels aside, this chapter did it best to make me dislike both Garp and Kuzan with this forced Garp-Kuzan backstory garbage, if you can even call it one lol. So apparently we know jackshit about their relationship before chapter 1087 aside from the extremely small frames we got from a random panel here and there, and yet this entire fight depends on these small bits to build the whole "mentor vs disciple" theme.

Kuzan got a second chance for salvation depending on his real objective, but Garp for me has sunk so low with his involvement with Koby and sword that it might even be lower than Meme.

Apologize for the late reply bro, i think this chapter portrayed them just about right. Shiryu's performance was great, especially knowing that this entirely is a sendoff for one of the legendary old characters Oda seemingly can't stop to praise.
Kuzan - Garp relationship was always on cards ever since Kuzan let SHs go before water 7 arc and he did mention owing favor to Garp.

For me, it's not that Garp portrayal went down but it's the portrayal of coby which hit all time low.

Garp was introduced with Kuzan in Water 7/Enies Lobby, plus in Kuzan's intro he literally talks about how he owes Luffy's grandfather

I thought it was a fine chapter but unless oda puts in some serious work i cant take the BBP seriously

I know people argue they are supposed to be a mirror to the SHs but it just doesn't work their portrayal is abysmal.
I cant imagine getting hyped for a fight between those two next arc or so

Ofc not, Oda wrote Iron Garp for shits and giggles or maybe his balls get super hard when he fights, who knows.
That’s not an argument. We can see that shiryu used Haki on his sword. Haki is portrayed in the manga with black coloring to indicate its use. And Garp didn’t show any black coloring. And the epithet is Garp the fist and when he uses can balls he calls his attack iron fist. Not iron Garp. Go read the manga again and check before you make stupid statements.

That’s not an argument. We can see that shiryu used Haki on his sword. Haki is portrayed in the manga with black coloring to indicate its use. And Garp didn’t show any black coloring. And the epithet is Garp the fist and when he uses can balls he calls his attack iron fist. Not iron Garp. Go read the manga again and check before you make stupid statements.
BM was always coated in haki and it wasn't visible to us readers.

"Iron Garp" from Opscans and TCB.

Status
Not open for further replies.