One Piece Chapter 1098: "Bonney's birth"

Rate the Chapter

• Total voters
I rarely post about OP anymore but i'll post about this chapter

I really dislike Ginny sex slave angle. It feels cheap and like it was used for shock value. Everyone here knows CD's need to be eradicated, God Valley stuff was plenty more reasons. We really didn't need Ginny stuff, something so hardcore and something so vile on top of it.

It just feels unnecessary, like an overkill
True, and Oda went extra hard on it, specifying that her troop was destroyed and that they couldn't do shit about her capture.
Then making it so they couldn't even find her while she was being abused and raped for two whole years.
Really excessive, especially with what happened to her and Bonney afterwards.

I finally figured out why the Rev's actions have been bugging me so much. It's because we don't see it. We get the call in at the end of last chapter about what has happened and then this one we skip ahead two years. So it looks like they did nothing. It looks like Dragon got that call, shrugged his shoulders and went oh well. Because we don't see him do anything. This is a terrible decision on Oda's part. Like no, I don't want 3 or 4 more chapters of this tragedy but by not showing that the Rev's even tried it makes them look pointless in the story. And utter useless and uncaring. If this gets filled in by an SBS it is going to be utter bullshit.

I really dislike Ginny sex slave angle. It feels cheap and like it was used for shock value. Everyone here knows CD's need to be eradicated, God Valley stuff was plenty more reasons. We really didn't need Ginny stuff, something so hardcore and something so vile on top of it.

Oda needs a half CD on the SH crew to redeem the majority of CDs by EOS.

But it adds up why Akainu was scared of Bonney . It was common knowledge even in marines she was child of CD.

They're not just going to kidnap one of their troops and then leave the door wide open for them, they're clearly going to have a lot of guards waiting.
They did this at Marineford too, they kidnapped Ace and then brought the Warlords, Pacifista, entire Navy force, etc.
....That's because Ace was a public execution to make an example to the whole world in a WAR
Ginny was just a sex slave there to relieve a Celestial Dragon in some random room in Marijoa

You're joking that you believe Ginny would have more protection than Celestial Dragons themselves who go outside with just few fodders as protection?

....That's because Ace was a public execution to make an example to the whole world in a WAR
Ginny was just a sex slave there to relieve a Celestial Dragon in some random room in Marijoa

You're joking that you believe Ginny would have more protection than Celestial Dragons themselves who go outside with just few fodders as protection?
ok stop it was a point to prove dragon that hes nothing all the women in the world bro you're kings

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
But it adds up why Akainu was scared of Bonney . It was common knowledge even in marines she was child of CD.
a sex slave child is nothing of value. Celestial Dragons seem like really tight organisation that is very strict on lineage. Bonney being a child of sex slave means nothing to them

God I forgot how much I fucking hate your guts
Anyway I'm like 99% sure the Holy Knights live in Mariejois, why would they just sit there while the Revs lay waste and kill countless CDs?
Sure they did that at the Reverie, but they were only idle because Issho and Aramaki were already there, as well as CP0 being there.

I finally figured out why the Rev's actions have been bugging me so much. It's because we don't see it. We get the call in at the end of last chapter about what has happened and then this one we skip ahead two years. So it looks like they did nothing. It looks like Dragon got that call, shrugged his shoulders and went oh well. Because we don't see him do anything. This is a terrible decision on Oda's part. Like no, I don't want 3 or 4 more chapters of this tragedy but by not showing that the Rev's even tried it makes them look pointless in the story. And utter useless and uncaring. If this gets filled in by an SBS it is going to be utter bullshit.
It makes it look like Dragon is bad guy here . The event between 2 years seems to be skipped deliberately . I am pretty sure they must have tried but failed . It’s difficult to enter Mariejoa . There was also long war Dragon had to deal with .

I might wait for Dragon’s flashback to see why he failed to retrieve Ginny .

When Oda writes dad/daughter stories like this,or the Kyros-Rebecca one,i always remember that he has two daughters,and these stories have a "personal" side in a certain sense. He can write well a dad'love for his daughter.

Just had a thought, what if Kuma's awakened abilities allow him to extract his emotional pain, as opposed to his physical pain, so all that emotional pain he has accumulated since his birth he extracts it (the bubble would be big as an island I imagine) and he just plants it on Saturn, or someone deserving of it, and they just die from the trauma. Would be satisfying!

Every chapter makes this less and less likely. Kuma isn’t getting this much pain just to die
Honestly, I'm not entirely sure about that. Obviously there is the emotional desire many of us are feeling right now to see Kuma finally get his long deserved win and triumph fully over his enslavers and be the person who saves his daughter. It's certainly a plausible route and I wouldn't be upset if things play out that way.

However, as someone previously speculated a few weeks back, I think it's just as likely that Kuma might use his DF powers to eject Luffy's exhaustion and wounds and take them upon himself upon arriving at the scene at Egghead, thereby saving both Sun God Nika/Luffy and by extension Bonney. Especially now that Oda has reminded readers that Kuma can do that with last week's chapter and how prone to self-sacrificing Kuma has repeatedly shown himself to be as a person.

a sex slave child is nothing of value. Celestial Dragons seem like really tight organisation that is very strict on lineage. Bonney being a child of sex slave means nothing to them
My suspect is Bonney is daughter of Gorosei or Holy knight that’s why it’s a big deal . Normal fodder CD won’t venture near war zones Ginny was there. It was Holy knight who kidnapped her it’s possible they fell in love with Ginny .

My guess is Garling or new character .

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Oda needs a half CD on the SH crew to redeem the majority of CDs by EOS.
Nah

Oda won't redeem CDs.
Oda is going overboard to portray them as evil and cruel fuckers since sabody and we have yet to see what really happened 800 years ago.

As many people highlighted - story is about getting freedom and you can't get freedom until you take down the oppressors.

CDs are going down...strong ones by strong characters

And, these degenerate fuckers wearing suits by common people and slaves

And, if oda has balls to pull this dark chapter then I think he should have it to portray CDs getting beaten to pulp by commoners as well

I don't really know about if this is true, but might be that Ginny's underling became part of Bonney crew? It doesn't really matter because they were slaughtered by BB but I think there's a guy that looks really alike in both groups