ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1099: PACIFISTA

Rate The Chapter!!

• Total voters
Good lord

Did you read the last chapter?

Kuma went to Vegapunk and agreed on his Pacifista project to become a weapon for the government. Memory wiping was not part of the deal at this point at all.

Saturn overhears this and has plans of his own (wipe his memories, in case it's hard to follow)

After this chapter's scene, we get the dialogue between VP and Kuma about memories and VP asking him to please remove his memories so that he can test his hypothesis.

Thus, I proposed that Saturn called Vegapunk after the events of this chapter and while KUma wasn't there and told him he had to wipe Kuma's memories completely.

Vegapunk then chose to do it via a quasi experiment where he wants to "meassure the weight of memories" but in reality he will store Kuma's memories somewhere as a compromise between following Saturn's request and maybe one day being able to put them back into Kuma/show them to Bonney

You literally read my post and went "hmm, how do I add to this without adding anything"

I never went against the thing you keep pointing out.
Dude. I know this, and I dont "agree" with your interpretation of events, hence why I quoted you in the first place. Lets retrace our steps shall we? This was the post I quoted you initially:

He already made the deal with Vegapunk
Saturn forced Vegapunk to completely wipe Kuma's memory, but not like he brought it up to Kuma for consideration. It was an ultimatum for Vegapunk
This cannot be correct. He must have brought it up with Kuma. Why? Let me carefully explain it to you:

- Kuma very clearly knows that he will lose his memories. He tells Shakky and Rayleigh that he "does not have much time left". He also asks VP to give him one final program after he losts his memories to guard the crew's ship:

- Vegapunk TELLS Bonney it was his decision to lose his memories. I shared this image with you already. This is why I keep bringing up what Bonney does and doesnt know. Clearly, this was the truth because Bonney no longer hates VP after seeing his memories

- In order for VP to even know to give Kuma one final programming to guard the crew's ship, Kuma would have had to know he was losing his memories in the first place.

- Every single instance of the topic of Kuma's memories has said person talk about how Kuma voluntarily removed his memories. Akainu, Doflamingo, Ivankov, Dragon, Sabo, Bonney. The question is why.

The point of me quoting you was to show you that Kuma wasnt being "tricked" into wiping his mind. It is very clear that Saturn seems to be holding something over him (and maybe VP too, yes, but I doub that). There is a very clear scene at God Valley that Oda skips over between Kuma and Saturn. He jumps from that point to Kuma escaping to Sorbet with slaves. It is likely, imo, that that scene was skipped because it plays a part into why Saturn can blackmail Kuma into losing his memories.

Tldr: Vegapunk isnt "subliminaly" tricking Kuma into wiping his memories. It was a decision made by Kuma himself. The scene about the "Weight of Memory" potentially has bearing on this decision, but Kuma wasnt fooled into doing anything he didnt want to do. Thats what Im telling you.

Last edited:
Powerscaling people: what's Bonney's potential? She is only 12 but she managed to become a Supernova 2 years ago. Also,even before becoming a pirate she was capable of beating male adults in fights,as we see in this chapter. Can she keep improving,when her natural body grows and she becomes phisically stronger? Or if she trains under Revos?

Most likely half way next chapter showing how Kuma became a warlord.

Then back to Egghead where Dragon intervenes to pave the way for Bonney, Vegapunk and Straw Hats to escape and redeem himself.

Shanks and Garb revealed their full power with a cliffhanger so i predict the same will happen for Dragon in the end of 1100.
Next chapter things will start to become interesting.

Kuma as a Warlord.
Saturn's true goals.
More about what did Kuma as a Warlord.
We could even see Sabaody's part from Kuna's perspective.

And so on.
Post automatically merged:

Kuma without his Buccaner body... LMAO Saturn eating good soon.

At a minimum,also many NW veterans destroyed pacifistas in Marineford.Post-skip Luffy and Zoro one shots those post-skip.Kuma's durable body is overrated.Depending on how strong his haki and devil fruit are he could even make to YC1,but he lacks feats right now.
You are right, he lacks feats at the moment. Well he does have some but I understand what you mean. His DF alone makes him >> Pacifistas despite not having lasers, he could just vanish them. Add haki to it and he is at least >>> Pacifistas.

A sturdy body is good to have like BM, Oden, Kaido or WB but in the end other things are more important.

You are right, he lacks feats at the moment. Well he does have some but I understand what you mean. His DF alone makes him >> Pacifistas despite not having lasers, he could just vanish them. Add haki to it and he is at least >>> Pacifistas.

A sturdy body is good to have like BM, Oden, Kaido or WB but in the end other things are more important.
Well,i think the original pacifistas are weaker due to being robots.We know ones haki blossoms even if said individual doesn't know how to use it.We saw that with BB commenting about Luffy's haki pre-skip.Pacifistas don't have a mind/spirit of their own,so they have weak haki.

I don't understand the "Kuma is the robot" theory.

Vegapunk seems genuinely baffled by the ancient robot, but somehow has the means and ability to shove Kuma into it?

What the difference between the Buccaneers and other giant humans? If it's upper body muscles, we have seen muscular pseudo-giant humans. If it's the funny looking short legs the world of OP doesn't lack those with chicken legs.

I seriously see nothing special about these Buccaneers compared to the other races or even to some weird looking presumably "regular" humans.

Kuma really does not look that impressive.
Defeating fodder soldiers of a Kingdom, which maybe he didnt defeat them all, defeating the King was enough.

Then destroying 3 ships.... that at worst puts him at commander level imo.

What the difference between the Buccaneers and other giant humans? If it's upper body muscles, we have seen muscular pseudo-giant humans. If it's the funny looking short legs the world of OP doesn't lack those with chicken legs.

I seriously see nothing special about these Buccaneers compared to the other races or even to some weird looking presumably "regular" humans.
I figure this is why this panel exists

Possibly it’s connected to kumas immense endurance.

Seeing how giants live 300 plus years it’s possibly they age slower and have higher natural endurance and strength.

At a minimum,also many NW veterans destroyed pacifistas in Marineford.Post-skip Luffy and Zoro one shots those post-skip.Kuma's durable body is overrated.Depending on how strong his haki and devil fruit are he could even make to YC1,but he lacks feats right now.
So far we keep seeing him use Ursus Shock in every flashback fight. If he can do that casually then that fact alone puts him >>> Snack lol

Possibly it’s connected to kumas immense endurance.

Seeing how giants live 300 plus years it’s possibly they age slower and have higher natural endurance and strength.
Onis and Lunarians have great endurance even though they go about it in different ways so it's nothing special in the OP world.

The longevity perk could be their defining trait but personally I don't think so. At least that's not alluded to in the manga so far. Besides that's not a good reason to justify the Buccaneers as making for good soldiers, and slaves.