ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1099: PACIFISTA

Rate The Chapter!!

• Total voters
No lol, it was Kuma himself that made the decision. Bonney already knew about him being the source of the clone project. What she is interrogating VP here is about him losing his memories:

Where did I say Bonney didn't know about it? Random lol

I was talking about this panel

That can, in light of recent events, be reinterpreted as Vegapunk subliminaly offering the idea of Kuma removing his memories from his body.

He would have become the WG's weapon and source of clones anyway according to the original plans. But Saturn's involvment stripped him of his memories

How strong do you guys think prime Kuma was?I think YC4 at a minimum.His body alone+some lasers were enough to give trouble to pre-skip Luffy,Zoro and Sanji.Prime Kuma had might not or might have haki too.His devil fruit is underrated by the community.

Where did I say Bonney didn't know about it? Random lol

I was talking about this panel

That can, in light of recent events, be reinterpreted as Vegapunk subliminaly offering the idea of Kuma removing his memories from his body.

He would have become the WG's weapon and source of clones anyway according to the original plans. But Saturn's involvment stripped him of his memories
....did you even read what I said?

You specifically stated it wasnt Kuma's decision, Im saying it was based on that Panel. Bonney KNEW that her father agreed to create pacifista, she DIDNT know why he would erase his own mind. She blamed VP.

VP in turn tells her it was his own decision and he kept it from Bonney. Why is this hars to get lol

....did you even read what I said?

You specifically stated it wasnt Kuma's decision, Im saying it was based on that Panel. Bonney KNEW that her father agreed to create pacifista, she DIDNT know why he would erase his own mind. She blamed VP.

VP in turn tells her it eas his own decision and he kept it from Bonney. Why is this hars to get lol
You literally bring about this argument out of thin air lmao

I DID NOT SAY KUMA DIDN'T AGREE TO BECOME A PACIFISTA

I WAS PROPOSING THAT THE MEMORY-WIPE PART OF THE PROCESS WAS DONE SUBLIMINALY BY VEGAPUNK WHO WAS FORCED BY SATURN TO DO IT

Nowhere did I say Bonney didn't know or did know. Nor did I say she didn't know or did know about the memories.

I was solely talking about the way Vegapunk approached the memory wipe and how much of the possible aftermath was told to Kuma

Follow your own advice and read properly

You literally bring about this argument out of thin air lmao

I DID NOT SAY KUMA DIDN'T AGREE TO BECOME A PACIFISTA

I WAS PROPOSING THAT THE MEMORY-WIPE PART OF THE PROCESS WAS DONE SUBLIMINALY BY VEGAPUNK WHO WAS FORCED BY SATURN TO DO IT

Nowhere did I say Bonney didn't know or did know. Nor did I say she didn't know or did know about the memories.

I was solely talking about the way Vegapunk approached the memory wipe and how much of the possible aftermath was told to Kuma

Follow your own advice and read properly
Once again lmao, you did not read my post.

I am talking about the memory wiping. I literally just said to you that Bonney knows about him becoming a Pacifista. What the fuck are you not getting here. Kuma explicitly knows that his memory was being wiped, he uses his powers to wipe it. Theres nothing "subliminal" about it.

Holy shit bro

How strong do you guys think prime Kuma was?I think YC4 at a minimum.His body alone+some lasers were enough to give trouble to pre-skip Luffy,Zoro and Sanji.Prime Kuma had might not or might have haki too.His devil fruit is underrated by the community.
YC4? The man was obviously above dudes like Snack or Who's Who.

Once again lmao, you did not read my post.

I am talking about the memory wiping. I literally just said to you that Bonney knows about him becoming a Pacifista. What the fuck are you not getting here. Kuma explicitly knows that his memory was being wiped, he uses his powers to wipe it. Theres nothing "subliminal" about it.

Holy shit bro
Good lord

Did you read the last chapter?

Kuma went to Vegapunk and agreed on his Pacifista project to become a weapon for the government. Memory wiping was not part of the deal at this point at all.

Saturn overhears this and has plans of his own (wipe his memories, in case it's hard to follow)

After this chapter's scene, we get the dialogue between VP and Kuma about memories and VP asking him to please remove his memories so that he can test his hypothesis.

Thus, I proposed that Saturn called Vegapunk after the events of this chapter and while KUma wasn't there and told him he had to wipe Kuma's memories completely.

Vegapunk then chose to do it via a quasi experiment where he wants to "meassure the weight of memories" but in reality he will store Kuma's memories somewhere as a compromise between following Saturn's request and maybe one day being able to put them back into Kuma/show them to Bonney

You literally read my post and went "hmm, how do I add to this without adding anything"

I never went against the thing you keep pointing out.

YC4? The man was obviously above dudes like Snack or Who's Who.
At a minimum,also many NW veterans destroyed pacifistas in Marineford.Post-skip Luffy and Zoro one shots those post-skip.Kuma's durable body is overrated.Depending on how strong his haki and devil fruit are he could even make to YC1,but he lacks feats right now.

I had flashback fatigue after the last chapter, and this seems just for completion’s sake, roughly as expected. This King Bekori back-and-forth seems too repetitive. And Dragon remains largely unknown, due to the tight regulation of what topics Oda allows to be talked about.
I hope we will get at least 1 ½ chapters of Egghead before the next break, but I’m not super-hopeful.

But that aside, I’ve been thinking that part of the concept behind Bonney’s name and background might have been the old song, now mostly a children’s song:

“My Bonnie lies over the ocean,
My Bonnie lies over the sea,
My Bonnie lies over the ocean,
Oh, bring back my Bonnie to me.

Bring back, bring back,
Oh, bring back my Bonnie to me, to me.
Bring back, bring back,
Oh, bring back my Bonnie to me.”

Although originally the reason for it in the story would have been “bring back my Ginny to me” and then it got reversed to Bonney saying “bring back my Kuma/daddy to me”. Though apparently “Bonnie” is a word and not a name anyway and can serve as a general theme here. Before the flashback this reference would have been meaningless and trivial.