How long will these 10 minutes take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say I didn't see this coming. The signs were there. Oda seems to be wanting only Akainu vs Luffy afterall. Could have had Kizaru go up against another top tier or something if he was saving Luffy for Akainu. Shaping up to be a waste of arguably the most powerful logia because Oda doesn't want to draw serious fights against top tiers knowing it would take too long and too much effort to draw, and it would halt the rest of the stuff he actually wants to draw (especially if Luffy is to defeat someone on the same level anyway in actual focused battle).

His answer to this problem was to muddy up egghead with the constant G5 overuse (so Luffy can deal with things quickly), Kizaru's "internal dilemma", and the focus on anything but Luffy for Kizaru (again so Oda can excuse Kizaru being timed out here and there while having an excuse). Oda knows Kizaru is too strong to lose quickly which is why you don't see any signs of physical defeat (he hardly shed a drop of blood the entire arc), and why he refuses to have Kizaru lock in on Luffy, why he has Luffy taking potshots the entire time to down him whenever convenient for the plot. Just another case of Oda trying to have his cake and eat it too.

Good chance Oda has made his choice, Kaidou from the Yonkou and Akainu from the Admirals, the strongest from each group which is as good as Luffy beating the rest so he doesn't have to draw "redundant" long fights. (Teach is exempt from this equation, he's not a part of the OG group, just as he wasn't really a part of the Warlords, he's just using these titles to further his own agenda).

If Kizaru vs Luffy doesn't actually happen this arc, it is all but Oda admitting Luffy is going to be taking Akainu down. Believe it or not Luffy beating Kizaru here would significantly reduce the chances of an Akainu vs Luffy with a conclusion.
What will Luffy taking down Akainu accomplish? He already beat Kaido.

After this arc the only major opponents are BB/Imu. OP will end in a few years.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
What will Luffy taking down Akainu accomplish? He already beat Kaido.
He has history with Akainu. It'd be very odd for Oda to skip out on the one character that permanently changed the character design of the MC.

And since Akainu is the top dog in the Navy, it's two birds with one stone. It would make his resume whole. 1 Admiral body, 1 Yonkou body, and then Teach in the context of PK, not sure where Imu fits in. Wouldn't even be surprised if Teach ends up doing Imu in tbh.

They gonna regroup, koby gonna get some training then go back and rescue Garp beating BB in 1v1 combat
This honestly.

Infact if I had to take a guess, sword will head back to the island where doll and the other marines were from. When they reach i think Sword will see 1.Tsuru, 2.Sengoku, 3.Hina, 4. Momonga 5.Smoker and 6.XDrake (whom sengoku and tsuru found drifting while they were on their way to this marine base). Sengoku and Tsuru arriving at this base makes sense since chapters ago they were concerned about what garp was doing attempting to save koby from beehive. The marines that witnessed what koby did on beehive and what sword in general did and what transpired to garp will report that info to sengoku and tsuru. These two will then report the information to akainu.

Akainu will then prompt sword to return to HQ. Koby will decline stating that he is a member of sword and that he is the cause for garp being captured. Bickering from akainu's end will happen with the entire sword group agreeing with koby to train up and retrieve garp. This is where it would be mentioned that there is a special training facility on the island that inhabits the marine base next to egghead and that this base has several of vegapunks inventions as a means to help marines progress quickly. These inventions would include (A). Sword with a mytical zoan devil fruit ability inside of it perfect for TASHIGI, (B). Kukri knives that when combined together releases and extends into a light Saber perfect for HELMEPPO, (C). Bubble Bullets for guns and bubble shields perfect for HIBARI. (D). Special pin that when pressed turns into a special type of raid suit made by vegapunk on the wearer perfect for koby when he needs to fight G5 luffy in the future, (E) Lastly a special Gravitational Chamber that speeds up the perception of time for those inside of it which was modeled after fujitoras devil fruit. It makes 1MONTH of training feel like 1Year to those inside.

THE TRAINING COMBATANTS WILL BE:

Koby and Sengoku:

koby: Focused on AP, Shockwaves, Advanced coA, Advanced coC, and Future Sight. Combinations of all Rokushiki techniques and increasing his mental Maturity in battle

Helmepppo and Tsuru:

Helmeppo: Focused on Fluidity in battle, Cutting prowess, Increasing basic coO and Advanced coA, Mastering his new kukri light saber, Combinations of all Rokushiki techniques, and increasing his Maturity in battle

Kenjaku and Hina: Devil fruit awakening for both, and increasing of basic coA and coO and learning basic rokushiki like 1.Geppo, and 2.Soru for both

XDrake and Smoker:

Smoker: Devil fruit awakening, increasing of basic coO and recieving Advanced coA. Learning Rokushiki techniques such as 1.Shigan and 2.Soru

XDrake: Devil Fruit awakening, increasing of basic coO and recieving Advanced coA. Learning Rokushiki techniques such as 1.Soru, 2.Geppo, 3.Rankyaku.

Tashigi and Hibari vs Momonga:

Tashigi: Perfecting her SORU and learning more Rokushiki such as 1.Geppo 2.Rankyaku, 3.Kami-e. Also increasing her basic coO and coA and learning to use her new devil fruit sword abilities.

Hibari: Increasing her basic coO and coA. Hibari learning Rokushiki techniques such as 1.Soru, 2.Shigan, 3.Geppo. Hibari will also obtain The BUBBLE BULLET ROUNDS to incapitate devil fruit user and also obtain BUBBLE SHIELD to shield herself against incoming attacks.

Momonga: Recieving Advanced coO and Advanced coA. Also Combinations of all Rokushiki techniques. Increasing his Cutting prowess.

We will see this training progress with in the cover stories. Lastly after this special training is done this cast will find out that their ranks increased due to the Beehive incident based on their performances documented and recorded and sent to akainu. Here is a quick list:

Koby: Moving up 3 ranks, being Promoted to Vice Admiral due to him saving the lives of his fellow men when he offered himself to blackbeard and his strength feat performance on beehive. Being dubbed HERO OF THE MARINES.

Grus: Moving up 1 rank, being Promoted to Vice Admiral due to his performance and level headed thinking on beehive

Kenjaku: Moving up 1 rank, being Promoted to Vice Admiral due to her level headed thinking and performance on beehive

Helmeppo: Moving up 3 ranks, being Promoted to Commodore due to his willingness to assist on beehive

Hibari: Moving up 2 ranks , being Promoted to Commodore due to her tenacity and bravery on Beehive.

Last edited:

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
He has history with Akainu. It'd be very odd for Oda to skip out on the one character that permanently changed the character design of the MC.

And since Akainu is the top dog in the Navy, it's two birds with one stone. It would make his resume whole. 1 Admiral body, 1 Yonkou body, and then Teach in the context of PK, not sure where Imu fits in. Wouldn't even be surprised if Teach ends up doing Imu in tbh.
Teach, Luffy, Vivi and Shirahoshi - they all should done in IMU

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
This actually validates those people that are saying Kizaru is in pain this chapter cause of VP not Luffy. He was already huffing the second he stabbed VP and no one landed anything in that particular panel against him.

Teach, Luffy, Vivi and Shirahoshi - they all should done in IMU
I've been a lowkey believer of Teach taking Imu's throne before his fight with Luffy. My stocks have never been with Imu and the Gorosei.

My only issue with Teach is his weak ass crew, relative to the rest of the Yonkou crews it's fine. But too weak for Zoro for it to be FV, and I'm big on Shiryu but Oda hasn't given me any reason to believe he's a Mihawk lvl guy.

Nika is already beyond Admirals' paycheck.

After what keeps happening to Admirals from wifi diffed Greenbull, Aokiji became Teach's underling, Kizaru jobbing in Egghead, nobody really takes Admirals seriously anymore
Nika can actually stall 2 Top Tiers at once. If Nika can actually stall 5 Goroseis at once, then no chance Nika vs Akainu will happen. Teach has a chance because he can negate DF power while Luffy got overly reliant with his Nika form. But Akainu? Nah

Either Sabo or Yamato will avenge Ace. One inherited Ace's devil fruit and one has ice power mythical zoan that can counter Akainu's magma

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
This actually validates those people that are saying Kizaru is in pain this chapter cause of VP not Luffy. He was already huffing the second he stabbed VP and no one landed anything in that particular panel against him.

I've been a lowkey believer of Teach taking Imu's throne before his fight with Luffy. My stocks have never been with Imu and the Gorosei.

My only issue with Teach is his weak ass crew, relative to the rest of the Yonkou crews it's fine. But too weak for Zoro for it to be FV, and I'm big on Shiryu but Oda hasn't given me any reason to believe he's a Mihawk lvl guy.
I think it's not fair to judge BBPs as of now.

Is Zoro Mihawk level? No he isn't.

Augur said it few chapters ago - They are still growing which means Oda is building BBPs in parallel to SHs like from the time BBPs were introduced.

So, BBPs haven't reached their peak yet just like SHs haven't reached their peak.

Yes, we need one badass hype moments to set the tone and we might see that against RHP or WG

Status
Not open for further replies.