One Piece Chapter 1114: “The Wings of Icarus”

Rate this chapter:

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️

Results are only viewable after voting.
Excellent chapter, the contrast between people’s reaction at the start and after Vegapunk’s prediction was well done and much needed I think. People now believe Vegapunk’s outrageous claims and story. Now we are into lore reveals wow!! Egghead is going fantastic

Don't know if this has been said already but I'll still say it:
Lunarian Flames originated from Mother Flame, meaning one of the features of Mother Flame would be granting Invulnerability.
The second feature could be immortality which the Gorosei have

Acting like Admirals haven't been stalled by fodder, and those fodder didn't have protagonist plot armor like the Straw Hats:vistalaugh:
The Midrosei are all enraged and fighting for their lives against the lowest of low 🤣🤣
Some Giants from impel down?
Bonney ?
Weak trio ?
And one he is purposely running around doing nothing to not get into a fight ?

Yeah. I'm so proud of my Admirals. Imagine throwing away your fandom and changing camps to stan these jobbers like your group has done.:milaugh:

Chapter analysis

Pg 1: Incredible page for you freaks out there, cause Yamato is barefoot. I do not remember what importance the sword on the cover has, but this lays out the route for the cover story until Yamato inevitably gets interrupted (hopefully by something interesting!)

Pg 2: The best aspect of this chapter is illustrating the different reactions to Vegapunk's message. The Marines are not questioning the legitimacy of the statement, but are instead worried about the civil uproar that will ensue. Hina is totally unbothered by all of this. There are two notable background characters, one who looks like a burger, and one who might have an eyepatch (he is next to burger man). Sakazuki is just taking this all in. He expression is open to interpretation.

Pg 3: Mock Town is reintroduced for the first time since chapter 303. You can actually spot the Bellamy pirates logo on the snail. Wonder how the logo leasing works, both after Bellamy get dismissed and Doffy got thrown in jail. Speaking of Doffy, he is still alive! No one came to kill him! The rising water levels haven't submerged the town, and just as in the Jaya arc, the bar is ignorant of the truth in front of them, showing the doubt some citizens have. Eastward we return to Water 7 to glimpse Paulie and Lulu.

Pg 4: This is the first time we've seen Magellan since the Decks of the World cover story. Perhaps Doffy gets an exclusive privilege to listen in? It's pretty obvious what Doffy is insinuating here: taking over Mary Geoise. We glimpse Fishman Island as well, though nothing interesting is brought up. At least they have service 10,000 meters underwater.

Pg 5: Tf is bum Ju Peter doing in the midst of all of this? V. Nusjuro still hasn't been hit by Bonney yet, or it is being offscreened. Oimo and Kashi stocks must be reevaluated in the wake of this news... York's line implies that all the Vegapunks knew the truth of the world. She has also been lugging some cannon around for a few chapters. What does it do?
Vegapunk's conclusion was based upon sensors he had set up, so he has a global intelligence network. The location at the bottom of the page might be Alabasta, or some different arid nation.

Pg 6: Ough, Smoothie my beloved... Also Mont-D'or. Tonjit on Long Ring Long Land, as well as a bruised Kuzan on Hachinosu, make cameos.

Pg 7: Back on the Labophase, the Straw Hats try to hold Saturn off. Incredible that Chopper has endured three strikes from Saturn. Lilith is also wielding a pistol, and Robin is healthy enough to use her fruit.

Pg 8-9: There we have it, the Mother Flame. It's an uber-powerful energy source which Vegapunk considers his first grave sin. Saturn also tranforms from beast to hybrid to human form, and is able to wield his cane as a weapon. The chamber for the flame has many interesting details. There is a door leading into the chamber, so is it possible to access the flame through there? The casing seems very haphazard, with uneven plates. There is writing with "A&Mu" and "S-108." Neither A nor Mu are elements in the periodic table, though the Mu could refer to Imu. The S-108 is easier to explain, as it references the 108 souls of sinners found in the Chinese story Water Margin. Some might remember that Urouge also references this with his 108 million bounty.

Pg 10: Bum robot has taken no damage, but is still just standing there. The flames have intensified, but Luffy has managed to tap back into Gear 5.

Pg 11: Some destruction from Kuma's rampage and the Revolutionary incursion are visible on the streets of Mary Geoise. Imu is just standing there, while many of the Celestial Dragons are outraged. Sharlia doesn't seem to be aware of the Void Century. Are the nobles taught the history of the Void Century, so they are not aware that there is any blank? Are they educated with the truth of the world? Back on Elbaf, Saul is chilling knowing his actions have led to this moment.

Pg 12: One of the buildings in Orange Town has a straw hat decorating its roof. The girl speaking to Boodle also gives some insight on how citizens know about the World Government's founding mythology, but little else. Also hi Marguerite.

Pg 13: Edison made it to some chamber in the Fabiriophase, allowing the clouds to expand.

Pg 14-15: Even Gear 5 isn't enough to penetrate Warcury's hide. Though Nika is revealed to be a god revered specifically on Elbaf. After a lot of waiting, we have concrete details on Joyboy. He was born at the start of the Void Century, so his existence was so pivotal that the following history had to be erased. He born in the ancient kingdom, which is restated to have been advanced. Despite the technological advancements, he was the first one to labeled as a pirate. I doubt he was the first pirate-like figure, but instead, the first person to be labeled a pirate by the entity that would become the World Government. This ending leaves a lot to think about.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
OP ends in 3 2 years, trust me
Correction - One Piece ends in 32 years.
Started in 1997, that means in 2029.
Quick mafs. :luuh:

And now Joyboy's flashback :steef:
A flashback where we don't find out anything new, as usual. :ronalaugh:

Special Flames are indeed Weakness of Gorosei
Zoro's flames from Hell? :zosmug:

So the Mother Flame is a copy of Uranus?
No. Mother Flame is the source of Uranus. I already explained this.
Imu already obtained a portion of Mother Flame and used it on the shot that deleted Lulusia.
I assume all 3 Ancient Weapons have some kind of "fuel".

Mother Flame for Uranus, Shirahoshi for Poseidon and unknown "fuel" for Pluton.
All 3 could be linked to living characters - Shirahoshi, Sabo(Awakened) and Momonosuke?

Awakened mera mera no mi user created the mother flame, this is way above magma.
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/fuel-source-of-the-ancient-weapons.43683/
Already said it. :myman:

The Midrosei are all enraged and fighting for their lives against the lowest of low 🤣🤣
Some Giants from impel down?
Bonney ?
Weak trio ?
And one he is purposely running around doing nothing to not get into a fight ?

Yeah. I'm so proud of my Admirals. Imagine throwing away your fandom and changing camps to stan these jobbers like your group has done.:milaugh:
Giants + Bonney + Sanji + Franky >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Morley who stalled giant broccoli form Ryokugyu
:gokulaugh:
What fandom have I thrown away? A person can't defend more than one group of characters?

Giants + Bonney + Sanji + Franky >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Morley who stalled giant broccoli form Ryokugyu
:gokulaugh:
Last time I checked Oimo and Kashi were holding Nusjuro down while Bonney attempted to stomp at him so where are Sanji and Franky in this ?
While the other jobber Laturn had all his enraged attacks blocked in his strongest form by the weak trio and they even connected hits to a point he was forced to postpone without being able to taking anyone out🤣🤣

Morley and Karasu wash these bums
:suresure::suresure:

What fandom have I thrown away? A person can't defend more than one group of characters?
The Yonkou fandom sold out and became Goroslaves but you guys back peddling now after seeing how trash they are. But the most pathetic of all is Goofy, your favorite, who not only was proven weaker than Zoro by their comparison of the Lucci fight but he also exposed the world's strongest fraud 🤣🤣😭