Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1130: THE CURSED PRINCE

Rate the chapter:

• Total voters
Just an FYI, Emerald City is a mistranslation. Its just Shandora. That was actually been a resolved point.

Imo, when Oda shows off an island completely before the crew gets there (i.e. Beehive, New Marineford, God Valley, Sphinx, etc), it likely means we arent going there. He hid Wano, Elbaf, Fishman Island, WCI, etc for years so he could do these large doublespreads, and its how you can tell that we are supposed to end up there eventually.

Which is why I 100% believe Lodestar and Laugh Tale are happening obviously, but outside of this unless he just does another surprise on the spot like Punk Hazard or Water 7 or Dressrosa, this is all we seemingly have.

That said, I have a feeling theres 1 more island between Elbaf and Lodestar in the least, and itll be a surprise. Maybe Burned Scar Man Related if he's not in Elbaf.

And considering the world is sinking, I wouldnt be shocked if Impel Down still could fly lmao. Thats an interesting Idea. Maybe New Marineford also flies lol.

Its say the only true exception to the rule might be Mariejoa, simply because Oda refuses to show the castle directly from the front. Imo, Sunlight Tree Eve is right behind it, and for some reason he doesnt want to reveal it yet due to having tied to Fishman Island and probably its destruction.
Emerald city is not a mistranslation. It straight up says "Emerarudo no Miyako" in japanese. You can check anime, official and fan translations. Chapter 224 and Episode 146. I dont have Shonen jump plus subscription currently, so I can't post the japanese text for text. But will post it in future for reference if you really insist.

Worst

Custom title
Why is everyone and their moms calling himself the Sun God. Funny thing here is Luffy himself doesn't even realize he is the Sun God Nika
It makes sense tbh the giants live really long, for most races / islands the sun god is today a mere legend, while some giants grandpas lived / fought during the void century, fk they probably fought along Joyboy himself

Emerald city is not a mistranslation. It straight up says "Emerarudo no Miyako" in japanese. You can check anime, official and fan translations. Chapter 224 and Episode 146. I dont have Shonen jump plus subscription currently, so I can't post the japanese text for text. But will post it in future for reference if you really insist.
Edit: I stand corrected, both the Raws and VIZ volumes do reference El Dorado and Emerald City as separate things

Last edited: