Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1130: THE CURSED PRINCE

Rate the chapter:

• Total voters
Its always luffy who is showing island level range of Color of observation haki.
Giant G5 vs Loki would be a great fight. Their fight could probably destroy the elbaf as an aftermath, but like other giant Loki could get one shotted just like hajruddin.

Elbaf is really as beautiful as I hoped too. Can't wait to see it coloured and especially animated too (in 2 years at least /s.)

Still pinching myself that after decades of waiting, we're actually in Elbaf. This is even more emotional than getting Wano which was already an unreal and cathartic experience finally.
It really is. Sad thing is, this was sort of the last big place we expected on the journey outside of Lodestar and Laugh Tale. All other teased locations have either been shown or visited already. Pretty surreal feeling to be at this point.

Anything after Elbaf either is the endgame islands or a surprise location from Oda that he hasnt teased before.

It really is. Sad thing is, this was sort of the last big place we expected on the journey outside of Lodestar and Laugh Tale. All other teased locations have either been shown or visited already. Pretty surreal feeling to be at this point.

Anything after Elbaf either is the endgame islands or a surprise location from Oda that he hasnt teased before.
Godvalley(full flashback)

Other sky islands like Birka

The Moon and space

Emerald city

Any settlements on the Redline

Don't underestimate oda's ability to drag on one piece. He's a pro at this.

Kizaruber Eats

Elbaf looks amazing!
I just realised there's no mention of Odin yet too?

:snoopy::hope:

Feels ironic the SHs have to hide from members of their own grand fleet....but I guess they will find out who they are to each othre soon enough ofc.

:Kizgrin::lawsigh::kaidowhat:

The panels and art are so fucking good, it really feels like peak/prime One Piece again. Love the knot design on the bridge too1

I wonder if the OG Giant Warrior Pirates with Dorry and Broggy will fuse with New GWP too? If Oda doesnt kill off the old gen?

I love Frankys new look too and Robin with glasses! Shes awakening even more things in me, although her Black Maria fight was definitely something else!
:YeahBoi::beanmean:

Some overlooked/underrated jokes with Brook talking about them "starving to death" which isnt a problem for him ofc and Lilith saying "they killed her" lmao. It's interesting how Oda seperated Lilith from the other Vegapunks who turned out to be alive and in an unholy amalgamation/chimera now too. Is she being "set free" and thus able to explore and have adventure? Join a crew too?

It's extremely obvious but Robin saying the picture is blurry and yet the mark is fresh does signify it was modified ofc. Oda seperated these SHs so they can meet Vivi and get to know her, well for Robin it will be a hilariously awkward reunion especially if a certain "sandman" (no not the Oda obssessor/stalker!) shows up with Cross Guild with Buggy wanting revenge for his "stolen" giants! This can set up the newer SHs meeting Mihawk, Crocodile and Buggy in one fell swoop too! Mihawk and Brook would be an interesting conversation too.

Here's a quick script I did for example on what it would be like potentially:

Title: Cross Guild’s Encounter with the Stray Straw Hats

The scene opens with Cross Guild’s ship cutting through the Grand Line’s waters, heading toward Elbaf. Buggy the Clown, Dracule Mihawk, and Crocodile are on deck, discussing their next move.

Buggy
(pacing, frustrated):
The Straw Hats stole my Giant Warrior Pirates! Hajrudin, Gerd, Stansen, Goldberg, and Rodo! They were supposed to help me rule Elbaf! But no, Luffy just had to take them!
Crocodile (mocking):
They left you, Buggy. You can’t even hold onto your own lackeys.
Buggy (ignoring Crocodile):
They were supposed to be mine! Giants! Elbaf’s power! Now Luffy’s going to use them to take over Elbaf!
Mihawk (calmly sharpening his blade):
If that throne could ever belong to you, Buggy, it would’ve been claimed years ago.

The crow’s nest lookout interrupts.

Crewmate
:
Captain Buggy! We’ve got a ship on the horizon! Looks like one of the Elbaf ships!

Buggy grabs a telescope and peers into the distance. He sees a massive Elbaf longship with the figures of Robin, Jinbei, Franky, Brook, and Lilith on board, accompanied by the giant warriors Dorry and Broggy.

Buggy
(in shock):
What the—?! The Elbaf giants too?! And... Jinbei?! When did he join the Straw Hats?!
Crocodile (smirking):
Looks like they’ve upgraded their crew. Jinbei’s no small fish to have on their side.
Mihawk (raising an eyebrow):
A former warlord. Interesting. Straw Hat’s crew keeps growing in strength.

As the ships draw closer, Jinbei steps to the front, arms crossed, with a confident smile. Robin stands beside him, composed but alert. Franky is busy making final adjustments to his arm cannons, while Brook plays a haunting melody on his violin. Lilith hovers around with a mischievous grin, examining the Cross Guild ship from afar. Dorry and Broggy loom large in the background, their massive forms casting shadows over the crew.

Jinbei
(shouting across the water):
Mihawk! Crocodile! Buggy! Heading to Elbaf as well, huh?
Mihawk (fixing his gaze on Jinbei):
So, you’ve joined the Straw Hats, Jinbei. From warlord to pirate underling. How far you’ve fallen.

Jinbei (laughing calmly):
Not fallen—risen to a cause worth fighting for. Something you wouldn’t understand.

Buggy (furious, pointing at Jinbei):
Don’t give me that! Where’s Hajrudin?! Those giants belong to me! You stole them, Jinbei!

Dorry (booming voice, laughing):
Buggy, ya fool! Hajrudin’s his own man now! He’s sailing under Straw Hat’s flag!
Broggy (grinning):
The giants of Elbaf follow those who prove their worth. And Straw Hat’s earned their respect!

Buggy (in disbelief):
This is a nightmare! Why does Luffy get everything?!

Crocodile turns his attention to Robin, his cold gaze lingering as old memories resurface.

Crocodile
(sneering):
Nico Robin... or should I still call you Miss All Sunday? Still running around with pirates, I see.

Robin (smiling lightly, though clearly uneasy):
Crocodile. I’ve left that part of my life behind, but I see you’re still chasing old grudges. How nostalgic.

Before the tension escalates further, the sound of a small aircraft cuts through the air. A flying craft descends from the sky, and aboard it are Vivi, Morgans, and Wapol. The trio disembarks, and Vivi immediately rushes toward the Straw Hats. Morgans is already snapping photos, and Wapol looks around nervously.

Vivi
(calling out as she lands):
Robin! Jinbei! Brook!

Vivi runs up and hugs Robin, though there’s a palpable awkwardness. It’s the first time she’s seen Robin since Alabasta, and back then, Robin was still the enemy. Robin hesitates for a moment, then returns the hug, smiling warmly but with a hint of tension.

Vivi
(smiling):
I knew you’d be here! I sent the message in the newspaper, hoping you’d see it! The cross I put on Luffy’s arm—it was for all of you!
Robin (softly):
We saw it, Vivi. You used a clever code. I knew it was you the moment I saw it.

Crocodile's eyes narrow, recognizing Vivi.

Crocodile
:
Vivi... So the little princess shows up. Didn’t think you'd still be meddling in pirate affairs.

Vivi (coldly, meeting his gaze without fear):
I’m not afraid of you anymore, Crocodile. This time, I’m fighting for something that matters.

Meanwhile, Jinbei, Franky, Brook, and Lilith watch the reunion with mild curiosity. Franky is the first to break the silence, his usual boisterous self.

Franky
(grinning):
So this is the princess, huh? Nice to meet ya! I’m Franky—super shipwright of the Straw Hats!
Jinbei (nodding respectfully):
I’ve heard of you, Princess Vivi. You’ve got courage. I’m Jinbei, helmsman of the crew.

Brook approaches, dramatically bowing and removing his hat.

Brook
:
Ah, Princess Vivi! It’s a pleasure to finally meet you! Yohohoho! You’ve already met my soul, but I apologize for the delay—I’m Brook, the Soul King!
Vivi (slightly taken aback but smiling):
It’s nice to meet all of you. I’ve heard so much about the crew Luffy’s gathered!

Lilith, floating around them, smirks mischievously.

Lilith
:
Oi, so you’re the one who stirred up the whole Alabasta mess, huh? This crew is full of surprises!

Vivi is momentarily confused but shrugs it off, overwhelmed by all the new faces. The awkward tension between her and Robin lingers, though both seem eager to move past it.

Buggy
(screaming in disbelief as Morgans snaps more photos):
What is happening?! First the Straw Hats, and now Vivi and her royal entourage?! This is insane!

Morgans (laughing while taking more photos):
What a scoop! Cross Guild, Straw Hats, Princess Vivi—this is gonna sell like hotcakes!

Wapol, looking around frantically, starts to panic.

Wapol
:
Not again! Why do I keep running into you people?! I can’t deal with this!

While Buggy continues ranting, Brook sidles up to Mihawk, grinning.

Brook
:
Dracule Mihawk, the world’s greatest swordsman! Would you honor me with a duel? Yohohoho! My music might move you to tears before my sword does!

Mihawk glances at Brook, unimpressed.

Mihawk
:
A talking skeleton. You’re even more ridiculous than that swordsman of yours, Roronoa Zoro.

Brook (laughing):
Yohohoho! I’ll take that as a compliment! But beware, my sword is as sharp as my humor!

Mihawk, now noticing Lilith, eyes her suspiciously as she sizes him up with interest.

Lilith
(grinning):
So, the infamous Dracule Mihawk. I wonder how you’d fare against some of my scientific upgrades. A little technology might just make things interesting!

Mihawk’s eyes narrow, but before things escalate, Buggy interrupts again, still furious and pointing a dagger at Jinbei.

Buggy
:
I don’t care about all this nonsense! I’m here for revenge, Jinbei! You can’t just waltz into the Straw Hats and forget your past with us!

Jinbei remains calm, crossing his arms and smiling confidently.

Jinbei
:
Buggy, if you’re looking for a fight, you’ll regret it. I stand with the Straw Hats now, and we’ll protect our friends—giants included.

Crocodile, clearly tired of Buggy’s outburst, steps forward with a cold glare.

Crocodile
:
Enough. If we’re really going to fight these Straw Hats, let’s get this over with. Buggy, stop embarrassing yourself.

At that moment, Dorry and Broggy step forward, towering over everyone, their axes in hand.

Dorry
(laughing):
No one’s fighting here, Buggy! We stand with Luffy’s friends!
Broggy:
You want to mess with the Straw Hats? Then you deal with us first!

The scene ends with both ships approaching Elbaf’s shores, tensions still high but no battle breaking out… yet.

Interesting that Loki and Hajrudin are brothers and thus both royalty too. Wonder how Hajrudin feels about Loki killing their father and thus if one of them is adopted or not too at least? Feels a little bit like another Doflamingo and Rocinante situation too potentially.
Also interesting in how they wanted to crucify Loki too...

Loki's character really seems interesting already now, great design actually in hindsight, its growing on me now and the panels of him and Yggdrasil and thus Elbaf are amazing.

Fantastic start to the arc as I had hoped for. Much better than the last few chapters. Those felt like stalling and a mistake especially with how cringe Rodo/Road was.

Kizaruber Eats

Elbaf looks amazing!

Yeah in a way, I'm feeling really sad about it too ironically. We could always get new islands in movies, a sequel series, tv specials, new games (RIP the new game though sigh) and such but I hope Lodestar and Laugh Tale especially will be spectacular at least too, Laugh Tale will have to be at least too surely ofc?

I hope we get a more in-depth look at God's Valley and an actual named territory for Shanks too, a main one. We still yet to see old Wano properly too. There were some places that the girl showed Robin at Tequila Wolf including a place with giant mushrooms and houses on it which could be a part of Elbaf easily ofc, maybe its equivalent of Green Bit too. Another one of those places looks like Elegia too, interestingly.

There's also the Emerald City that Bellamy mentioned if its not a dropped plot point and we still have space and the moon, but also god know how many islands, kingdoms and thus cities were sunken and destroyed, lost to the ocean after Imu's flooding of the world too.

We also have new Marineford and the whole of Mary Geoise to see truly but realistically I only expect Lodestar and Laugh Tale after this and maybe seeing some more of Pirate Island/Hachinosu and thus the Rocky Port incident but thats wishful thinking too ofc.

Still blows my mind one of the TWENTY freaking scrapped film plots for Film Red was an impel down successor in the sky and they were meant to rescue Bon Clay from it!:

https://x.com/newworldartur/status/1586140568572538880

https://x.com/newworldartur/status/1586143349655752705

https://x/newworldartur/status/158614334965575270

https://www.sportskeeda.com/anime/one-piece-film-red-scrapped-ideas-eiichiro-oda

I hope Oda can give us some surprise locations, well one at least, Im desperate to see a proper wild west arc and thus island/town in one piece with cowboys and such, I prayed this would be for the RHP especially. Lodestar maybe?

Vira was mentioned in Road to Laugh Tale (it sounds like Villa too) and id love to see it come up as part of the Revolutionaries arc if they get one, I suspect Law could end up there if its in the new world and I'd like to see more of Sphinx but I doubt we will too.

https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Vira