Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Awful

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only suspecting about hiyori's actions? So she decided not to go to war or did i got it wrong? Or did she just chose to be alone until the war begins? I smell something fischy about her in this chapter.
Zoro got boosted, so well that i really think Oda dislike Lanji. Sanji got a raid suit as power up, from a family he hates, he isnt even showing training....#pleaseodadontmakesanjivegeta
Hope after that conversation between Zoro and Hitetsu and the snatch thing Zoro will update his kitetsu and finally an admiral level swordmanship, obviously after that chapter we know Zoro will get enma black at the very endind of his final boss and simply slice him as an epic finisher.
Was hoping a bit more from Luffy to be honest, i feel him overconfident and ready to get knockout again... That haki will be bad ass and with gear 4 included it will damage but it doesnt look like a finisher to me.
He is the gomu gomu Boy, gear 4 is obviously ( for me ) almost perfect use of his fruit but still missing the full mastery of his fruit without harming life span and stamina.
Its been long since all he focus his Haki, about his DF he just shows diferent forms already acquired in the TS, to be yonko Luffy needs something more i say.
Obviously all the fleet Will show up, the third act ends in 2021 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Wanji got most action in defeating someone and taking credible threats. How that is dislike? Also RS is being modify by Usopp and Franky while he trains without it. Doesn't need to show he is training when we all know even off-screen training works too.

Doubt he like Vegeta, but Zoro might be more like that given his fighting performance right now. Just saying. Don't worry too much on it as you shouldn't let trolls cloud your thoughts on that.

Chapter comparisons to close out Act 2.
  • In the cover story, both scanlations say that Bege's crew is getting supplies (which I guess could potentially imply weapons or something to fight their way over the Red Line), while in the official translation, they're stocking up on food specifically.
  • All three versions have the group that's rejoicing about Hiyori's survival note that knowing that Kawamatsu was captured had led them to assume the worst about what happened to her, but the official version elaborates a little more by having them say they "dared not ask" of her fate.
  • In Jaimini's Box, Momo describes Hiyori as a "weak" crybaby, but in Mangastream and VIZ, he says she's "a softie"/"at her core she is soft".
  • In JB, Kiku says she retrieved Kitetsu II from Luffy in Udon, while in MS and VIZ, she says it was confiscated from him there. Also, in the scanlations, Zoro said he knew that sword was a meito/famous sword, while in the official version, he says he knew it was a "named" sword. (Not really a big fan of this translation choice since they're not the same thing; there are named swords in One Piece that are not famous swords, e.g. Law's Kikoku.)
  • MS mistranslates the amount of people that Franky wants to be able to carry as 10,000. JB and VIZ get it right with 100,000, making it an even more clear overestimation. Also, JB says that Zoro picked up "Sunacchi" from the "geezers" (plural) in his village, which makes it sound like it's something he really says, while MS and VIZ have him say "old guy" (singular, as in, probably Kozaburo from Wano), and he explicitly states he's never said it himself before.
  • When Luffy tells Kin'emon not to get found/captured/spotted, Kin's reply is a little different in each version. In MS, he says they've "been on edge about this for weeks", in JB, says they'll "be on high alert", and in VIZ, that they've "been scouting it out".
  • When talking to Zoro about Enma, in MS, Hitetsu says the rather random-sounding line "Magic swords and reasoning are one and the same." In JB and VIZ, it's clearer that he's comparing Kitetsu III (a sword he made, which is cursed) with what Enma does, and that neither can be wielded by someone who's weak. Also, MS gets Kozaburo's name wrong, calling him "Yusaburo" (which completely ruins what Sandman pointed out in the previous thread about how "zabu" means 3 and "shi" means 4, and so yet another hint that Koshiro is descended from someone from Wano), lulz.
  • Orochi's words in the scanlations make it sound like he knows Udon has been taken over, and so immediately realizes that the report from Udon is a lie. However, the official translation instead seems to suggest that Orochi believes the report he hears about Udon being fine and thinks his informant was mistaken about it being taken over. Also, in JB he knows that Hiyori is in the "northern graveyard" (which would suggest his informant is someone who knows right where she is), while in MS and VIZ, he just knows she's "somewhere in the north", which actually widens the possibilities of who this informant could be since it seems it's someone who doesn't know exactly where she is.
  • One recurring problem that Mangastream has had is reversing the name order of non-main characters. They'll keep the Japanese name order (surname first, then given name) of people like Monkey D. Luffy or Roronoa Zoro, but then with side characters, do it the American way (given name then surname) for some reason, especially ironic right now given we're in the Japan-based land. Some examples of this they've already done have been "Oden Kozuki", "Orochi Kurozumi", and "Yasuie Shimotsuki", and in this chapter, they add "Hitetsu Tenguyama" and "[Koz]aburo Shimotsuki".
A note + thoughts from me: all three translations have Hitetsu state that, if Zoro turns Enma black, that'll raise its "rank". That doesn't strike me, though, as saying that that would move it from the "21 Excellent Grade" to the "12 Supreme Grade"; I feel like he'd need to say that turning Enma black would "raise its grade" to have that meaning. Plus, otherwise you'd think there wouldn't be a set number of Skillful/Excellent/Supreme Grade swords if turning a blade black changed it from one to another. I'm guessing that, even in the same Grade, there are some swords that are "better" or more prestigious/strong than others (and Enma seems to be one such), so they're even "ranked" compared to each other, and so if Zoro turns Enma black, it'll be an even more prized and special Excellent Grade sword than it already is.

MS mistranslates the amount of people that Franky wants to be able to carry as 10,000. JB and VIZ get it right with 100,000, making it an even more clear overestimation. Also, JB says that Zoro picked up "Sunacchi" from the "geezers" (plural) in his village, which makes it sound like it's something he really says, while MS and VIZ have him say "old guy" (singular, as in, probably Kozaburo from Wano), and he explicitly states he's never said it himself before.
That makes a really, really big difference here. From accommodating 4200 to 10,000, Franky has to approximately double the size of his fleet. For an army of 100,000 like the Marines at Marineford or Hody Jones's groupies, Franky needs to build a fleet 20 times the numbers they actually have.

100,000 Vs 30,000 from Kaido and Orochi, plus whatever Big Mom brought along for the Fire Festival, and the possibility that Kaido is hiding more troops in his other territories which I imagine are not left unprotected. The numbers are already dwarfing Marineford.
A note + thoughts from me: all three translations have Hitetsu state that, if Zoro turns Enma black, that'll raise its "rank". That doesn't strike me, though, as saying that that would move it from the "21 Excellent Grade" to the "12 Supreme Grade"; I feel like he'd need to say that turning Enma black would "raise its grade" to have that meaning. Plus, otherwise you'd think there wouldn't be a set number of Skillful/Excellent/Supreme Grade swords if turning a blade black changed it from one to another. I'm guessing that, even in the same Grade, there are some swords that are "better" or more prestigious/strong than others (and Enma seems to be one such), so they're even "ranked" compared to each other, and so if Zoro turns Enma black, it'll be an even more prized and special Excellent Grade sword than it already is.
Nice thoughts. When Oda leaves things vague and uncertain, it seems he wants to surprise his readers with a bang later down the line.

The way the narrative has been established, raising the rank of a blade but not raising its grade has no impact at all. Ranks within the same grade don't exist as far as we know. We can assume two blades of the same grade can still differ substantially in quality, but it has not been pointed out to the readers. We can also assume Hitetsu is being uncertain because not every black blade automatically raises the grade but only those from a truly future legendary swordsman, namely Zoro. Zoro being one of the handful of master swordsman in all of history to blacken his blades is not likely to result in a mere decorative gesture. For now, I strongly lean towards the possibility that Wado and Enma can achieve Supreme Grade by the end of the series.

A

ardym

Apparently confirmed as not a mistake.
if that is true , that is going to be insane and such alliance will scare everyone , i am pretty sure if that has to happen then for sure many are coming from outside like Germa and maybe Fishmen , that depends on what was decided in the reverie and how many Jinbe , Neko and Marco are going to gather . BM and Kaido are going to shit their pants

A

ardym

well thanks i just assume because even the spanish version says that , but that is insane more than i expected , and it makes clear that not only the strawhat grand fleet is going to come but more people maybe Germa , the Fishmen . the possiblity of gathering so many people is there you have Jinbe , Neko , and Marco out there and if Jinbe has convinced Germa they will have the ability to transport that many people at once as well

D

Deleted member 83

Chapter comparisons to close out Act 2.
  • In the cover story, both scanlations say that Bege's crew is getting supplies (which I guess could potentially imply weapons or something to fight their way over the Red Line), while in the official translation, they're stocking up on food specifically.
  • All three versions have the group that's rejoicing about Hiyori's survival note that knowing that Kawamatsu was captured had led them to assume the worst about what happened to her, but the official version elaborates a little more by having them say they "dared not ask" of her fate.
  • In Jaimini's Box, Momo describes Hiyori as a "weak" crybaby, but in Mangastream and VIZ, he says she's "a softie"/"at her core she is soft".
  • In JB, Kiku says she retrieved Kitetsu II from Luffy in Udon, while in MS and VIZ, she says it was confiscated from him there. Also, in the scanlations, Zoro said he knew that sword was a meito/famous sword, while in the official version, he says he knew it was a "named" sword. (Not really a big fan of this translation choice since they're not the same thing; there are named swords in One Piece that are not famous swords, e.g. Law's Kikoku.)
  • MS mistranslates the amount of people that Franky wants to be able to carry as 10,000. JB and VIZ get it right with 100,000, making it an even more clear overestimation. Also, JB says that Zoro picked up "Sunacchi" from the "geezers" (plural) in his village, which makes it sound like it's something he really says, while MS and VIZ have him say "old guy" (singular, as in, probably Kozaburo from Wano), and he explicitly states he's never said it himself before.
  • When Luffy tells Kin'emon not to get found/captured/spotted, Kin's reply is a little different in each version. In MS, he says they've "been on edge about this for weeks", in JB, says they'll "be on high alert", and in VIZ, that they've "been scouting it out".
  • When talking to Zoro about Enma, in MS, Hitetsu says the rather random-sounding line "Magic swords and reasoning are one and the same." In JB and VIZ, it's clearer that he's comparing Kitetsu III (a sword he made, which is cursed) with what Enma does, and that neither can be wielded by someone who's weak. Also, MS gets Kozaburo's name wrong, calling him "Yusaburo" (which completely ruins what Sandman pointed out in the previous thread about how "zabu" means 3 and "shi" means 4, and so yet another hint that Koshiro is descended from someone from Wano), lulz.
  • Orochi's words in the scanlations make it sound like he knows Udon has been taken over, and so immediately realizes that the report from Udon is a lie. However, the official translation instead seems to suggest that Orochi believes the report he hears about Udon being fine and thinks his informant was mistaken about it being taken over. Also, in JB he knows that Hiyori is in the "northern graveyard" (which would suggest his informant is someone who knows right where she is), while in MS and VIZ, he just knows she's "somewhere in the north", which actually widens the possibilities of who this informant could be since it seems it's someone who doesn't know exactly where she is.
  • One recurring problem that Mangastream has had is reversing the name order of non-main characters. They'll keep the Japanese name order (surname first, then given name) of people like Monkey D. Luffy or Roronoa Zoro, but then with side characters, do it the American way (given name then surname) for some reason, especially ironic right now given we're in the Japan-based land. Some examples of this they've already done have been "Oden Kozuki", "Orochi Kurozumi", and "Yasuie Shimotsuki", and in this chapter, they add "Hitetsu Tenguyama" and "[Koz]aburo Shimotsuki".
Thank you very much for doing these detailed comparisons!!

Status
Not open for further replies.