• Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Awful

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kong didn’t step in either and he had to have been at MF
fleet admiral sengoku stayed back for the vast part of mf until things went out control while the admirals and vice admirals were in batlle. I should expect kong would to do same.
Post automatically merged:

I doubt that Sengoku was the only Admiral back then, but I think either way that in the past in Kong era we only probably had 2 Admirals, Sengoku and Zephry, the last position was most like free, because that Kong want Garp to beeing a Admiral, otherwise he don´t would offer him a Admiral position if their was already three admirals. Question is just what happen to the last Admiral, did he was killed or leave he his job?
Eitherway I would learn more about the structure of the Navy in Kong era.^^
is zephyr canon?

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
fleet admiral sengoku stayed back for the vast part of mf until things went out control while the admirals and vice admirals were in batlle. I should expect kong would to do same.

is zephyr canon?
His back story is. His movie with luffy and the neo marines is not.
He trained the current admirals.

is zephyr canon?
The other Admirals could have done the same too. Or they weren’t at MF

If Zephyr's backstory is canon like @HA001 is saying, then that means there were 2 admirals, with 1 spot open for Garp who kept on refusing. Whether that spot was filled or not is something will have to wait and see.

As for Roger mentioning only Sengoku & Garp, that doesn't equate to there not being any other strong marines. It's just Oda mentioning the characters we know so far. Just as he had Whitebeard only mention Garp/Sengoku/Roger, leaving out Rayleigh & Big Mom, who were introduced later on.

The marines may not have had 3 admirals at the time. This new system was invented to balance out the yonkos. remember that.
Only the warlords were invented to counter the Yonko.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
If Zephyr's backstory is canon like @HA001 is saying, then that means there were 2 admirals, with 1 spot open for Garp who kept on refusing. Whether that spot was filled or not is something will have to wait and see.

As for Roger mentioning only Sengoku & Garp, that doesn't equate to there not being any other strong marines. It's just Oda mentioning the characters we know so far. Just as he had Whitebeard only mention Garp/Sengoku/Roger, leaving out Rayleigh & Big Mom, who were introduced later on.

I expect thats the case.
2/3 spots filled with garp continuously rejecting the offer. That until kong and sengoku moved up. Z retired and the c3 took the spots.

The other Admirals could have done the same too. Or they weren’t at MF
Til they are revealed they are nonexistent.
:kayneshrug:

is that so?
got a panel for that ?
last I heard it was marine hq along with the warlords that balance out the yonkos. Regardless assuming there was another admiral without anyone in sight is still headcanon . Is it likely ? sure
but is that supported with evidence in the story ? the answer to that is pretty clear.
:goyea:
as to whether the marines grew stronger or recruited more people as the threat of pirates grew bigger in the great pirate age is another possibility but none of that is definitive. 3 admirals may be needed now for the balance, it might not have been that way before.

Last edited:
S

stealthblack

what if it's revealed next chapter that roger had a fruit we know, like what if he is the original user of ace's fruit or something. or maybe luffy's fruit.

Roger having Gomu Gomu doesn't make sense at this point of the story. Because no one, not even those who already interacted with Roger in the past (Rayleigh, Crocus, Whitebeard, Whitebeard Pirates) or those who went to see his execution, ever commented on that when they met Luffy. Nobody did

At least 1 of them should have commented "Damn you have Captain Roger's Devil Fruit!" or indirect one like "damn seeing your DF reminds me of the old days..."

I

Inspector_Mu

is zephyr canon?
i realised you screenshot my posts lol
kaido and BM still do not have any advanced haki

I doubt that Sengoku was the only Admiral back then, but I think either way that in the past in Kong era we only probably had 2 Admirals, Sengoku and Zephry, the last position was most like free, because that Kong want Garp to beeing a Admiral, otherwise he don´t would offer him a Admiral position if their was already three admirals. Question is just what happen to the last Admiral, did he was killed or leave he his job?
Eitherway I would learn more about the structure of the Navy in Kong era.^^
The thing with Zephyr is that he served as Admiral for a very short period of time. He became Admiral at age 38, then 3 years later he retired after his family was killed by pirates. He's served as mere Marine instructor for decades since. He may as well effectively not exist on the timeline, and that's probably what Oda was going for so he can ignore the movie canon with him.

Zephyr would be 74 years old currently, so he was an Admiral 36 to 33 years ago. Too late for God Valley, too early for Oden to join the young Whitebeard pirates. At best Zephyr was terrorizing WB, Kaido, Big Mom and Shiki when their crews were still very young and none of these guys reached their prime strength. There is really no good place for this man to make a name for himself other than clashing with Roger, which is something I assume Garp beat him to the punch in every time.

Roger and Whitebeard don't mention Zephyr because they probably never had the chance to fight. All they know about him is that he retired many years ago while their crews were still growing.

Status
Not open for further replies.