One Piece Chapter 966 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Inspector_Mu

It was said the event had some Celestial Dragons and slaves being involved, but the details of the matter is really ambiguous. However, the casual and normal reader immediately put the blame on Xebec saying he was going to kill both CDs and slaves together (because they cannot simply see Garp or Roger being on the wrong side) but I feel it's not that they are on the wrong side, they simply were clueless about what's happening, and they simply fought Xebec for reasons like Duty and rivalry not knowing the extent and the depth of what Xebec is fighting for.
However, by the end of Xebec, they both learned what his motives were
And having learned that, it lead to a domino effect:
1- Roger started to follow his path and continue where he stopped with the Poneglyph writings
2- Garp on the other hand, he left that incident with a bitter taste not liking to talk about it at all, despite being hailed as a hero.
Like I know BM Kaido ars cruel

But even them, they haven't been shown killing people when they are in their normal state inlees X betrays them.

So I never buys that Xebec was gonna kill slaves (innocents)
There hasnt been a D that cruel, even Teach who is traitor doesnt go killing innocents just coz X is linked to CDs.

Perhaps once Garp comes it wano, Oda will explain it

It was a gag my dude. Rayleigh stated that Roger is just using that as an excuse to have a go on Oden first.

Holy
Bro scroll up they completely ignore those words. The lengths people go on here for their powerscaling to be right is crazy. i understand why they think Mihawk isn't WSS now. They wiped it from their mind after reading it like they did Ray line.

Bogard

You can't win
99% of people in the verse are using a weapon, because a weapon is an extension and makes you stronger. Kaido uses a club, Big Mom a blade, Whitebeard a bisento (which is technically a blade). For pirate, it happens that blades are the weapon of choice most of the times. But those guys don't dedicate themselves to swords like true swordsmen. Roger might as well use a club if he feels like it. After all he even used a pistol. Or Ray using two sabers instead of his Katana. Imagine Mihawk randomly switching between his Yoru and a saber+pistol like Roger.

If Roger at least had a black blade, we could've argued. But cmon, neither Roger nor WB did turn their blades black permanently.
This aside, Mihawk(current WSS) has rivalry with Shanks. Roger is portrayed a level above. WSS will never apply to Roger

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
Ye that's why no Yonko can't be PK cuz none of them ave enough power to overwhelm the rest 3 without loosing too much military power during fights...
Pretty much and Roger became PK when no other pirate except Xebec gave a damn about that title. Oda needs an explanation of why all the great pirates now want the title but never gave a damn about it in the past. Roger pretty much walked to Raftel with no competition

They are all official titles create by Oda.

So far in the flashback we have yet to see anybody receive any type of official title. Nobody right now has been called the world's strongest Man, nobody's been called the world's strongest swordsman, and nobody's been called An Yonko.

Zoro wanting to become the world's strongest swordsman as a kid is after Rogers death.

We don't know when mihawk received that title. Just like we don't know when Whitebeard was first called the world's strongest man. So far in a flashback neither Whitebeard nor Roger has receive any titles.

It it seems that along with the great pirate age came titles.
sigh ... all this faith is funny .... if you expect a great story behind Mihawk title... don't ... it's just a random thing

Mihawk is just a plot devise for Zoro story arc and have no value for over all plot

making him stronger than admirals stand against anything we saw in Marine Ford ... let alone Yonko and Kings

Oda fired Mihawk in one chapter and took away all his hype from fighting Shanks in next chapter

I don't even know why I should talk about some one as random as Mihawk simply cause his fandom want Zoro to be comprable to Yonko and now even above the king himself

a place where Oda never during the entire show wanted for Zoro

Mihawk/Zoro fandom are doing a big sad show
they never stand for any logic and change their side every moment and are willing to do or say anything to worship their god ...

a sad show indeed

or maybe I'm wrong ... in the end

I'm just sick of this argument ... maybe it's not Zoro fans fault :)

they just truly believe in Zoro that much

good for them

I have a hard time understanding what's going on
What's wrong with the whole "Roger was a swordsman" and what's the end goal? like what are they trying to get at??? Cause it can go both direction:

1- Either they make Mihawk title be just a worthless name, so that it dehypes Zoro by saying he would not reach Roger's level....etc

2- OR, they are trying to hype Zoro with it by saying Zoro will end up higher than Roger.

So..... what are you all arguing about? hahahaha

So even Roger and WB hadn't seen each other in years?

LOL, at this rate well find out that even Garp and Roger met like two times. One in God Valley and the other one when Roger turned himself in....

So much for the idea that big pirate crews used to fight among themselves all the time...

Total fake news.
Maybe
Roger and WB might have fought in the past

Roger and Garp said they almost killed each other multiple times

Status
Not open for further replies.