One Piece Chapter 967 Spoiler Summaries and Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is wrong my dude.

Mihawk holds the title " World's greatest swordsman" in the era Shanks reached his prime, and since he's a swordsman, he falls under that category.

Roger doesn't because we have no recording of Mihawk ever having his title while Roger was still alive. He was just a renowned swordsman at that time.
no, i mean even roger who is the strongest swordsman at his time does not even have the wss title and that too can be the case for shanks right now, because wss is not an absloute measure of strenght:josad:
there is other properties like haki to considered:josad:

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
I am unable to understand why oda conveniently made shanks not go to rafte?

From the beginning, we were under the impression that shanks went to raftel with Roger as he was part of his crew. All his actions were justified on the grounds that he knows about one piece and perhaps void history and thus the emphasis on maintaining balance of power and wg acknowledging this role.

But not anymore. Shanks isn't trying to get road pg. Shanks isn't interested in waging wars. Shanks doesn't even know what one piece is and what true history is then what the heck is his purpose?

From the beginning, we were under the impression that shanks went to raftel with Roger as he was part of his crew. All his actions were justified on the grounds that he knows about one piece and perhaps void history and thus the emphasis on maintaining balance of power and wg acknowledging this role.

But not anymore. Shanks isn't trying to get road pg. Shanks isn't interested in waging wars. Shanks doesn't even know what one piece is and what true history is then what the heck is his purpose?
What I can definitely say is THAT Shanks does bet on Luffy to become PK, that much is certain....that's why I can see him trying to hold down any other individual that comes close by essentially standing in their way.

That makes a Blackbeard vs Shanks inevitable

Reborn

What I can definitely say is THAT Shanks does bet on Luffy to become PK, that much is certain....that's why I can see him trying to hold down any other individual that comes close by essentially standing in their way.

That makes a Blackbeard vs Shanks inevitable
What you said could have hold immense weight if shanks knows about one piece, it's purpose and void history. But he doesn't.

So, why he is holding others down to make Luffy reach to the top? Is it simply because he saw Roger in him? If true then it doesn't add much weight to shanks character

He just wants to get drunk, that's why he's trying to keep the peace. Probably he went to the Gorosei to offer himself as a Warlord to keep the peace. Too bad they got abolished. :suresure:

Bogard

You can't win
Shanks after they left him with buggy he said "someday i will go to laugh tale (he said last island. at that time he didn’t not know its name is laugh tale)by myself"
Lmao so Shanks' wanted to go to the last Island himself, but never managed to because he was codeblocked by Whitebeard(who had no interest) just like the other silver medalists, so decided to maintain the balance instead to wait for Luffy. It all makes sense now. @Red Admiral though :believe:

no, i mean even roger who is the strongest swordsman at his time does not even have the wss title and that too can be the case for shanks right now, because wss is not an absloute measure of strenght:josad:
there is other properties like haki to considered:josad:
But we can actually say the same argument to Prime WB who was called "Strongest Man" Does that mean the title only relates to raw and brute strength?
Maybe other factors like "Speed, Haki, reflexes"...etc are all being ignored and thus the title isn't right.

But we all know that it's not true when it comes to WB title, as most guys if not all accept WB superiority over other combatant, specially if he was in his prime without sickness (excluding Pirate King naturally, the equal)

Point is, people only make those arguments regarding haki ONLY with WSS title cause god forbid if Shanks is weaker than someone, you know being weaker doesn't make you bad character. But some people, specially those two fanbases:
1- Shanks fans
2- Zoro fans
With all respect, but I feel that strength to them equates to "Good character".
While it's not, which is why for many of us, we accept what is given to us from Oda, and we only make arguement and question those titles IFFF Oda gave us reasons to question them like someone inside the story itself questioning the legitamacy of Mihawk title. But all the questioning is coming from fanbase who are desperate for Shanks glory

What's with the Shanks hate though? What exactly happend in this chapter apart from Shanks staying back to treat Buggy? Lol. He can still access all the information he needs through Rayleigh if he wishes.

I was wondering on the basis of shanks fans logic, when Luffy will reach to the top will his fighting style be haki god or will it still remain the same - brawler:pepedoffy:
Luffy's punches are based on his DF. Against the top dogs of the OP world, he will be reliant on his G4 and probably even awakening, while G2 and G3 isn't even enough for commander level characters, let alone his base punches. Now his final opponent, Teach, is a guy that can throw around earthquake-punches while at the same time nullifying Luffy's DF. With nullifying I mean not only turning him into base, but removing his rubber body entirely.

So what is there left for Luffy, if not Haki, with a power lost on which his entire fighting style depended? :yasu:

What's with the Shanks hate though? What exactly happend in this chapter apart from Shanks staying back to treat Buggy? Lol. He can still access all the information he needs through Rayleigh if he wishes.

Luffy's punches are based on his DF. Against the top dogs of the OP world, he will be reliant on his G4 and probably even awakening, while G2 and G3 isn't even enough for commander level characters, let alone his base punches. Now his final opponent, Teach, is a guy that can throw around earthquake-punches while at the same time nullifying Luffy's DF. With nullifying I mean not only turning him into base, but removing his rubber body entirely.

So what is there left for Luffy, if not Haki, with a power lost on which his entire fighting style depended? :yasu:
That time long passed. Rayleigh knows he's a snitch LOL

Reborn

The way oda is keeping things around shanks and Mihawk secretive, You know, it's possible that oda somehow makes shanks and Mihawk the final opponents of Luffy and Zoro.

Luffy never declared to surpass Roger. But he did say he will find a crew that can surpass shanks crew.

Zoro declared to surpass mihawk.

Worst

Custom title
What you said could have hold immense weight if shanks knows about one piece, it's purpose and void history. But he doesn't.

So, why he is holding others down to make Luffy reach to the top? Is it simply because he saw Roger in him? If true then it doesn't add much weight to shanks character
if he saw Roger in him he should just let him do it imagine luffy knowing that he went to raftel just bc Shanks stopped the bad guys so IF he is helping Luffy it has to be bc of something deeper (maybe Evil intentions?) or it can also be that he wants a rival similar to himself/Roger someone who wants adventures & stuff like that (cuz guys like Kaido/BM just want to destroy/rule the world xD)

Reborn

Haki isn't a fighting style though. It's an ability just like devil fruits.

Luffy fighting style even in g4 is of brawler. Haki and gomu gomu enhances his fighting style. So no... there is nothing like haki god in one piece..in two piece maybe:pepelit:

Come back when Akainu stops sweating in Shanks' presence, instead of standing there frozen, while Shanks walks towards him to pick up the straw hat and talking to Buggy without even paying attention to Akainu.

:yasu:
Well I wasn't trying to start a trolling session with you, but the fact that you felt so attacked and wrote this confirmed to me how hard this chapter hit your feelings.

:kayneshrug:

But we can actually say the same argument to Prime WB who was called "Strongest Man" Does that mean the title only relates to raw and brute strength?
Maybe other factors like "Speed, Haki, reflexes"...etc are all being ignored and thus the title isn't right.

But we all know that it's not true when it comes to WB title, as most guys if not all accept WB superiority over other combatant, specially if he was in his prime without sickness (excluding Pirate King naturally, the equal)

Point is, people only make those arguments regarding haki ONLY with WSS title cause god forbid if Shanks is weaker than someone, you know being weaker doesn't make you bad character. But some people, specially those two fanbases:
1- Shanks fans
2- Zoro fans
With all respect, but I feel that strength to them equates to "Good character".
While it's not, which is why for many of us, we accept what is given to us from Oda, and we only make arguement and question those titles IFFF Oda gave us reasons to question them like someone inside the story itself questioning the legitamacy of Mihawk title. But all the questioning is coming from fanbase who are desperate for Shanks glory
no, beacuse the title world strongerst man is just mean that you are the strongest, you could be anything like brawler, df or weapon user and have the title, unlike wss where you have to be a swordsman to achive it:josad:
and the reason people have been questioning mihawk title is because his feats are really lackluster compared to other top tier or yonko, so don't blame us when have doubts about mihawks strength, because i too have high hopes for mihawk:josad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.