Spoiler One Piece Chapter 969 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it is, since Orochi's clan is holding Hyou and his family hostage, threatening to give the signal to kill them if Oden doesn't surrender immediately.

Oden is a good dude at heart and surrenders in order to free Hyou and his family in 5 years. They also promised him a ship so he could leave Wano and start a new life with his family somewhere else.

To Oden that humiliation was worth it, if he could safe the life of a friend because of it.
This is like sanji situation in WCI all over again...

Of course it is, since Orochi's clan is holding Hyou and his family hostage, threatening to give the signal to kill them if Oden doesn't surrender immediately.

Oden is a good dude at heart and surrenders in order to free Hyou and his family in 5 years. They also promised him a ship so he could leave Wano and start a new life with his family somewhere else.

To Oden that humiliation was worth it, if he could safe the life of a friend because of it.
Orochi the god of outsmarting people:finally:

That's a legitimate question!
I wonder...
Or maybe Hyo met Rayleigh when Roger came for the red poneglyph that existed in Wano. That might be the answer
Roger had been to Wano before he met Oden. This was proven when Oden joined the Whitebeard Pirates, Roger said Oden was from *that* closed off country.

Whitebeard did not even know about Wano before hw met oden but 47 year old Roger new about it.

This is like sanji situation in WCI all over again...
It is and it's quite honestly a masterstroke of writing.
Oda has always made parallels between Luffy and Oden, outlining their similarities.
However, he also shows us exactly the subtle differences between them: Oden going on his adventure without his "crewmates" aka red scabbards, Oden believing in Orochi's words and not immediately trying to free him with force, one of his guys probably being a traitor etc.
In the end Oden fails because of those small differences, while Luffy will succeed.

H

Homelander

Oda has always made parallels between Luffy and Oden, outlining their similarities.
However, he also shows us exactly the subtle differences between them: Oden going on his adventure without his "crewmates" aka red scabbards, Oden believing in Orochi's words and not immediately trying to free him with force, one of his guys probably being a traitor etc.
In the end Oden fails because of those small differences, while Luffy will succeed.
Remindsme of ace. Fell to BB s trap.

Ummmm is odd for someone who should lead a country put the security of one above all the country inhabitants.

Plus believing the promise from someone who tried to kill your son is dumb.
Well, easy to talk when you're not in his situation.

Try imagine you yourself standing in Oden's place. One of your best friends is being hold a gun to his head and they tell you that he and his entire family will die on the spot, if you don't surrender. Not to mention that they will also massacre everything dear to you with the help of Kaido.
Then they tell you that you can still get out of this by living your life and simply playing a fool for five years, which will save everyone (and you get a chance for a new life after those five years).

If there's an unspoken rule in One piece then it's that having your will and spirit broken is the biggest nerf/down a certain character can have, and that exactly happened to Moria.

Look at him in his youth, full of spirit and willing to challenge even the strongest foes, and in his Introduction pre ts he sits on his ass, speaking about how others should make him the PK.
That alone speaks volume.

You're trying to squeeze in logic that probably not even Oda cares about, bro. Not saying that you're wrong, but it's heavily looking like the Moria we know is a shadow of his younger self.
Post automatically merged:

I'll cream my pants just by imagining this
I don't think WILL can push you from being beating by Luffy to be a match for Kaido

Oda gave us a logical magic system ...

if he ignore written rules for unwritten one ... that's in fact lazy writing

Plot seems to induce to a different analysis unfortunately.
so Plot gonna make Zoro a top tier and leave Sanji at YC2 (at best!!!) by end of Wano?

:)

let's talk more about it after Wano

I don't think to put so much time over what other people want to be true ... as they should care much about mine

but at least don't call it BAD WHITENING simply cause you ASSUME Zoro MUST do this and that ...

Err what? This is not impossible alright?
Let's not shit on Doffy too much. He made YC2 Jozu totally unable to move.
Meanwhile another YC2, Queen cracked the skull of a woman who is said to be equal with the guy who defeated and boiled Oden. Yet Doffy totally turned fellow YC2 into a sitting duck.

If your argument is only but Oden scarring Kaido!! Then let's not overwank it please. Kaido also already got white eye-ed by G3 Luffy. Scarring Kaido is not that impressive. Afterall, he still can't do shit against the barrier.

Yeah but i have nothing against oden in this chapter guess have to wait for chapter before draw conclusion...

What I am saying is, nobody would have been able to do better than Oden is the same situation, not even an Admiral can affect a barrier nor can they beat plot elements.
Bullshit. Fujitora can literally lift the ground on which Foddrochi is seated and launch him into space or wherever... And fujitora is calles the weakest admiral... BULLSHIT that and admiral can't do anything... UTTER BULLSHIT....The admirals fuckin now advanced armament that literally ignores defence and they can do anything here? Again, BULLSHIT

What I am saying is, nobody would have been able to do better than Oden is the same situation, not even an Admiral can affect a barrier nor can they beat plot elements.

I am sure nothing can scratch the barrier itself but as I said before, the user can be beaten. I dont remember if King's punch moved the barrier at all but if that didnt move it I doubt anything else will either.

Bartolomeo said he was in trouble against Pica but is probably because he was mid air without foothold. Even if you make him drop from lethal height theoretically he can shape the barrier into a slide and save himself lol.

If barrier user stays inside a bubble shaped barrier I doubt they can be defeated but in that case they cant beat anyone either.
The Bari Bari no mi wouldn't have been very useful against Fujirota's gravity if the blind admiral used his df to increase the gravity or to throw the Bari's user away. The other admirals may have found their way too like attacking from the group beneath Orochi and his subordinates' feets or producing so much light that the user may have covered his eyes with his hands to not being blinded, cancelling the barrier in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.