Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogard

You can't win
One Piece - Chapter 969
Title: The Idiot Lord

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.

CHAPTER IS OUT ON
V1:
https://imgur.com/a/XUB2wCo#UvNPaNs
VIZ: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006177

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the WG community!

Last edited:
"After returning to the country, he was still strong ... Kozuki Oden, who knew no enemy of his calibre! He should've become the saviour of his people, who suffered the oppressive forces of an evil power, however ..."

So much for all those who trashed Oden for no reason. Oda certainly will come up with a big reveal, as to why he did the things he did this chapter.

Very good chapter once again. That last double spread and the narration is just epic.

Last edited:
"After returning to the country, he was still strong ... Kozuki Oden, who knew no enemy of his calibre! He should've become the saviour of his people, who suffered the oppressive forces of an evil power, however ..."

So much for all those who trashed Oden for no reason. Oda certainly will come up with a big reveal, as to why he did the things he did this chapter.

Very good chapter once again.
Oden was still greatly humiliated in this chapter, that is a fact which will never go away. Nobody said that he's weak, but judging by the standards people were criticising other Top Tiers, it's clear as day that this chapter will hunt Oden fans even in their sweet dreams, lol.

Orochi was really Lucky to have these two ederly but very competent subordinates to allow him to become Shogun and to be protected from Oden. Without them he may have died a long time ago and their absence will surely cost him very much in the future.
Oden was willing to humiliate himself to save something or someone after Orochi blackmailed him, he's certainely a true man but his naivety along with his pride certainely cost him dearly.

hyped for next week. 7.5/10
Either Oda switch again to the current timeline and show it later parallel to the Raid of the alliance or he show us in the next week insane chapters with Oden attacking Kaido(he hyped up himself with the last panel).
What is your though: @dirtyLarry , @Buusatan94 , @Bogard , @Sentinel

This panel looks so good and also hype up a epic encounter with Oden and his retainer vs Kaido and the beast pirates:

:steef::steef:
Something in me want to see Oda continue the amazing flashback and show us Oden greatness for next week..

Oden was still greatly humiliated in this chapter, that is a fact which will never go away. Nobody said that he's weak, but judging by the standards people were criticising other Top Tiers, it's clear as day that this chapter will hunt Oden fans even in their sweet dreams, lol.
I see that's what you wanted all along: Somehow getting the satisfaction of "Oden fans" feeling bad because he got "humiliated" this chapter.

Well, gladly I for one still really like Oden, fully accept that his humiliation was perfect for the drama of the story and only feel pity for guys that search satisfaction in the downplay of fictional characters lmao.
:cheers:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I am not sure that it's totally him or the old woman with the Mane Mane no mi who's really that cunning. She seemed to be the real brain of the Kurozomi clan and its followers.
She seems to have instigated this ambition, but Orochi’s intelligence was highlighted recently with the attack on the bridges and Thousand Sunny. He seems to be the driving force at this stage, making full use of his allies abilities.

Either Oda switch again to the current timeline and show it later parallel to the Raid of the alliance or he show us in the next week insane chapters with Oden attacking Kaido(he hyped up himself with the last panel).
What is your though: @dirtyLarry , @Buusatan94 , @Bogard , @Sentinel

This panel looks so good and also hype up a epic encounter with Oden and his retainer vs Kaido and the beast pirates:

:steef::steef:
Something in me want to see Oda continue the amazing flashback and show us Oden greatness for next week..
Great question indeed!

I would put my money on Oda finishing the flashback, but there is also a legitimate chance he saves the big twist (What did Orochi actually promise Oden?) and fight between the retainers and Kaido/Orochi for later at an even more dramatic point of the current storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.