Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogard

You can't win
One Piece - Chapter 970
Title: Oden vs Kaido

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.

CHAPTER IS OUT ON
V1:
https://imgur.com/a/CeHZSV7#hcbUlod

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the WG community!

The writing in this flashback is just terrible on every level. Oden believed in Orochi and stayed his hand, allowing Kaido to grow stronger for 5 years... while Orochi was already executing citizens for refusing to work in the mines. Wtf was that about choosing the route where nobody got hurt? And at the end of the day, he chose to fight Kaido anyway, killing himself, his wife and leaving Wano in absolute shambles for 20 years without calling in the support of Whitebeard (who has a charitable nature) or Rayleigh, who was affectionate towards Momo and Hiyori and would never have wanted them to suffer. What the actual fuck Oden.

For those who were gloating and riding a high horse over ‘Oden bashing’, literally everyone who read the manga knew Oden had a reason for not fighting Kaido. That reason was just stupid as fuck given the many logical alternatives and the actual situation where Orochi was ALREADY terrorising the people of Wano. Ffs I’m just glad this mindfuck is almost over.

Want to know more about Toki. Overall her words to Oden back then are probably the reason why Oden step up from continue attacking Orochi and Kaido. If she wouldn't say anything as like Oden should be calm, Oden probably would attack Kaido and Hyo would team up with him. Toki come from 800years ago and we still don't know anything about her, I though it was again a waste character but what if Oda plan to don't reveal much about Toki? Can you guys see a twist with Toki?

Overall I expect a longer battle but at least Oda didn't skip much as I though yesterday.
Sadly that both Oden and Kaido didn't fight in a all out battle, but can see the reason why Oda hold dowm their abilities.

G

Gran D. Master

The writing in this flashback is just terrible on every level. Oden believed in Orochi and stayed his hand, allowing Kaido to grow stronger for 5 years... while Orochi was already executing citizens for refusing to work in the mines. Wtf was that about choosing the route where nobody got hurt? And at the end of the day, he chose to fight Kaido anyway, killing himself, his wife and leaving Wano in absolute shambles for 20 years without calling in the support of Whitebeard (who has a charitable nature) or Rayleigh, who was affectionate towards Momo and Hiyori and would never have wanted them to suffer. What the actual fuck Oden.

For those who were gloating and riding a high horse over ‘Oden bashing’, literally everyone who read the manga knew Oden had a reason for not fighting Kaido. That reason was just stupid as fuck given the many logical alternatives and the actual situation where Orochi was ALREADY terrorising the people of Wano. Ffs I’m just glad this mindfuck is almost over.
wym? This was another GODA chapter and Oden is a flawless character just like Toki...
:ihaha:

What if the "traitor" is toki for a ("justified") reason, because it's not the right time yet? And what if she told everything to hiyori, in order for her to wait for the right time like toki? And hiyori is the "traitor" now?
But that would not explain how they knew that raizo was in zou... 🤔

Btw, I believe hiyori has some sort of devil fruit (either toki toki or something like creating a clone or manipulating memories by letting people believe that something happened even though it hasn't)

Oden was about to finish kaido off before he got cheap shoted.
One scar is not the same as about to finish him off

You could say that Oden COULD'VE managed to finish Kaido like after a few days and shit but not then. One scar isn't enough
Post automatically merged:

what Oden said about Shinobu might turns to be the truth that she doesn't work for him
Well it's true she doesn't work for him but you know she still came to fight for him and risk her life for him so it's obvious she isnt a traitor or whatever

djiayebee

☆ 𝕊𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝔻𝕒𝕕𝕕𝕪 ☆

I respect your opinion bro but i find it very negative.. all the pieces of the puzzle were not shown yet, why not wait until hearing what was the deal before just saying it's plain stupid?

I think it's good writing if Oda makes readers hate / judge Oden the same way as Wano citizens do ;)

I could expect sthg like "after 5 years Kaido will leave, but if you try to attack us we will just kill all the womens and kids in Wano".. of course Oden was very naive to believe such a bs, but under such a threat what other choice did he have if he values the safety of the citizens over anything else.... You say Orochi was executing citizens, but as far as the story goes, we know of just one case, "to set the exemple"... which happened when Oden wasnt here. So maybe he just tried that but then eventually they murdered Hyou's family, which made him change his mind.

oden attacked kaidou but he stood up and one shout oden while kaidou didnt fall from the first attack

despite oden strenth he cant endure kaidou attacks , while kaidou can . this is the difference in power

Umm... Kaido is probably an Awakened Ancient Zoan which mean his endurance is sky high. Plus, Oden probably would have finished his job off before Kaido could recover from his first blow had it not been for the hostage situation..:wellwell:

S

Shura

Okay..the reason for not attacking is reasonable but yet it is so disappointing...but this is still good chapter.....

Shinobu character developed well
Oden solidified his top tier status....but he was stupid
King and Queen hype.....

Another disappointment is Toki continuing being a background character.....please Oda, don't kill her potential.....

Expecting flashback will be finished by 1-2 chapters.....

god damn break......

overall rating from me is 3.5/5

Status
Not open for further replies.