Spoiler One Piece Chapter 971 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We needed something like that imho. To show some true terror and establish Kaido and Orochi even more as sick bastards.

That's why this chapter shapes up to be really good. Next week the flashback will end.
Yeah thats certainly strike fear to wano citizens not to dare rebel against them...damn i bet momo and hiyori feel more terrified when they see his father condition...

The flashback keeps going and going... Oda must really like Oden. :emohiyo:

I don't want to prematurely judge this on spoilers, but I don't care too much for what I'm looking at. Kaido and Orochi have successfully turned Oden into a side show over a bunch of broken promises. Also while it's noble that Oden's getting tortured to save his crew, what makes him think Kaido isn't just going to try to curbstomp everyone the moment he kicks the bucket? Ugh, maybe I'm over thinking this.
:lawsigh:

The flashback keeps going and going... Oda must really like Oden. :emohiyo:

I don't want to prematurely judge this on spoilers, but I don't care too much for what I'm looking at. Kaido and Orochi have successfully turned Oden into a side show over a bunch of broken promises. Also while it's noble that Oden's getting tortured to save his crew, what makes him think Kaido isn't just going to try to curbstomp everyone the moment he kicks the bucket? Ugh, maybe I'm over thinking this.
:lawsigh:
yup oda loves oden

Actions always speak louder than words.
But the wrong actions speak nothing. They are just wrong. Oden keeps making the wrong decision over and over again. Of course him trying to save his subordinates is fine but what does that have to do with everyone else? Remember the Scabbards end up disappearing and Ashura actually becomes a bandit so again what does Oden saving his men matter to everyone else.

This like the other chapter where the narrator specifically tells us that nothing changed in Wano for five years so people were still being killed off in mines and factories were being set up and then Oden's friends die and then he snaps. Like now so what?

How does this create years of loyalty aside from the point that Orochi is just worse. At this point looks like the people are choosing a dumb muscle man over a tyrant and that's all it is.

Okay I'm ranting here and I will come clean that I have a bias here. I did not expect Oden to be this type of character before the flashback. I mean we knew he cut Kaido or whatever but that doesn't mean he had to be this type of macho man. And I like macho men because my favourite character is Zoro but this guy's story before the flashback did not seem like it was about such a character. I was immediately put off from chapter one but then I convinced myself that Oden can change. He has 20 years until his death so I was sure the story of this flashback was going to be an incredible character arc of him turning into the type of person I thought he was going to become before. But that hasn't happened. At this point I don't know if if just disappointed that he isn't what I thought he was gonna be or if he's really just sloppily written. I can't really tell myself now.

But I just can't see how all these bad decisions with so little reasoning given behind them and the big finale also has nothing to do with addressing these bad decisions and is just hin dying for his men in a long drawn out execution can all add up to make this a satisfying story. At least for me.

But the wrong actions speak nothing. They are just wrong. Oden keeps making the wrong decision over and over again. Of course him trying to save his subordinates is fine but what does that have to do with everyone else? Remember the Scabbards end up disappearing and Ashura actually becomes a bandit so again what does Oden saving his men matter to everyone else.

This like the other chapter where the narrator specifically tells us that nothing changed in Wano for five years so people were still being killed off in mines and factories were being set up and then Oden's friends die and then he snaps. Like now so what?

How does this create years of loyalty aside from the point that Orochi is just worse. At this point looks like the people are choosing a dumb muscle man over a tyrant and that's all it is.

Okay I'm ranting here and I will come clean that I have a bias here. I did not expect Oden to be this type of character before the flashback. I mean we knew he cut Kaido or whatever but that doesn't mean he had to be this type of macho man. And I like macho men because my favourite character is Zoro but this guy's story before the flashback did not seem like it was about such a character. I was immediately put off from chapter one but then I convinced myself that Oden can change. He has 20 years until his death so I was sure the story of this flashback was going to be an incredible character arc of him turning into the type of person I thought he was going to become before. But that hasn't happened. At this point I don't know if if just disappointed that he isn't what I thought he was gonna be or if he's really just sloppily written. I can't really tell myself now.

But I just can't see how all these bad decisions with so little reasoning given behind them and the big finale also has nothing to do with addressing these bad decisions and is just hin dying for his men in a long drawn out execution can all add up to make this a satisfying story. At least for me.
i think thats the ultimate point oden has admitted previously in the last chapter on his arrivals to wano he was disgraced and was expecting no respect from anyone which shows he would've been willing to change things if not for toki already setting him up hes naive but his heart is in the right place and instead of whining or complaining which he said last chapter about what he could've done in the past he owns up to it an acts with here its his actions that show how much of a down to earth and saint of a character he is by no means is oden is perfect hes selfish and ignorant oda mocked him for that aswell . it's clear to me that oden is a man who had grown

Status
Not open for further replies.