Spoiler One Piece Chapter 971 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

djiayebee

☆ 𝕊𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝔻𝕒𝕕𝕕𝕪 ☆
The bad part is even more that he don't really saves lifes, I sure during the five years, many people get killed by Orochi plan, they dying while working for factories. They didn't could get enough food and also beeing slaved by Kaido. How retard was Oden pls? Did he really think Kaido would leave wano? Did he really think he could save everything without fighting? After seeing how trash Orochi was? A bastard who want his son to get killed?
During the 5 years Oden could easily call out the Roger pirates or Whitebeard pirates,Kaido and Orochi would get rekt but he believe this dumb deal....

It make me sad to see the fucking disgusting reason of Oden,I want to believe that their is more then just this what we currently get, but save god if this is just all of the plan and Oden really believe Kaido and Orochi...
first, as every week, shall we wait to get the full chapter and not only 2 text panels before jumping to conclusion? hm?

now, was Oden stupid? definitely..... but did he really have another choice?? there are so many comments "what a retard blabla" but hold on a second : as a ruler, does that seem alright to you to bet the lives of your citizens if you're not 100% sure of the outcome?? (think about real life situation of terrorist with hostage and the negotiation)

i think people are just forgetting, he just fucking tried to attack Orochi but cant seem to beat the grandpa's barrier... plus he himself witnessed, not only 2 people being randomly shot and instant dying, but also the old hag's fruit and its tremendous evil potential......... which means it's not an empty threat. Now, even if they're is only 0.001% chance of Orochi not lying, don't you think he didn't have any other choice? Based on Oda's storytelling, we do not know that anyone actually died in the factory over the 5 years.... of course they were enslaved and their situation was terrible.... but what made Oden change his behavior? when 16 people were actually murdered

first, as every week, shall we wait to get the full chapter and not only 2 text panels before jumping to conclusion? hm?

now, was Oden stupid? definitely..... but did he really have another choice?? there are so many comments "what a retard blabla" but hold on a second : as a ruler, does that seem alright to you to bet the lives of your citizens if you're not 100% sure of the outcome?? (think about real life situation of terrorist with hostage and the negotiation)

i think people are just forgetting, he just fucking tried to attack Orochi but cant seem to beat the grandpa's barrier... plus he himself witnessed, not only 2 people being randomly shot and instant dying, but also the old hag's fruit and its tremendous evil potential......... which means it's not an empty threat. Now, even if they're is only 0.001% chance of Orochi not lying, don't you think he didn't have any other choice? Based on Oda's storytelling, we do not know that anyone actually died in the factory over the 5 years.... of course they were enslaved and their situation was terrible.... but what made Oden change his behavior? when 16 people were actually murdered
People died in the factories pal.

The water people drank was contaminated cuz factories.

how would he have asked roger pirates for help tho
I think he means that chapter when the Roger pirates themselves asked to help Oden and he refused.

See that chapter sort of made sense at the time but that was before we learned that Oden knew there was something wrong in Wano. Oden had already come back and seen something was off... and yet he declined help while know he was going back to a situation he knew was wrong

J

Jo_Ndule

People were still dying or killed
Kaido could not tell Oden everything

He told him all of it was a lie.
Which can tell us that Kaido never kept his promise during the 5 years, he and orochi were killing people still in those 5 years.

:gonope: "Oden will tank base Kaido attacks"

:goyea: "Oden can last 5-60 min in boiling water without dying or KOed.

Seems like Oden natural freak status cant handle the club

Or is the nameless strike more lethal than being in hot water for many minutes ?

I'm stating to doubt the battle between Oden gang and Kaido gang was even 30 min long.
maybe Kaido's club is made of Sea-stone, hardest thing on OP verse. Even G4 luffy to whom any physical attack should not work got KOed in one shot.

I thought act 2 was already disaster and the lowest point out of all 5 acts..
I think the problem Oda took with this flashback is that Oden is too much of a central character while also being very poorly defined as well. So we end up following the story of a guy whose decisions are the most important things in the story yet the decisions make so little sense.

Oda should've made the Scabbards worth something. He should've made them like Luffy's crew where we can actually care about what they do and maybe their actions can actually affect the plot as well.

Like no one cares about Denjiro or Ashura or Kanjuro could do to remedy this situation because we know they have so litttle impact on this story to do anything meaningful. We are literally being forced by Oda to only root for Oden and thats where the mistake was. Oden isn't written well enough for us to root for yet he's the ONLY OPTION available.

Act 2 was generally fine to me since it follows interesting characters and the problem is that they are too many for the plot to properly pace them out out. This flashback on the other hand has one semi-interesting character with one continuin plot line but there's so little investment that it's all just shit happening for the sake of plot now.

Status
Not open for further replies.