Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 972: I’m Oden and I was Born to Boil

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, people are using what was said this chapter to try to prop up Zoro playing any role against Kaido and doing something that Luffy couldn't even do despite being much stronger at the start of the arc than Zoro will be by the time this arc finishes? Can't say I'm surprised, fanboys gonna fanboy, but man does it just get worse and worse.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Wait, people are using what was said this chapter to try to prop up Zoro playing any role against Kaido and doing something that Luffy couldn't even do despite being much stronger at the start of the arc than Zoro will be by the time this arc finishes? Can't say I'm surprised, fanboys gonna fanboy, but man does it just get worse and worse.
Your meltdown will be glorious.

Something Luffy couldn't do =/= something Zoro can't do. :jordanmf:
And EoW Zoro >= BoW Luffy:cheers:

Worst

Custom title
By this logic only Luffy will fight Kaido...Law was getting bullied by Doffy, and we’ve only heard about Kidd taking L’s in the new world. They haven’t had any clear progression either.

And will better CoA control (the only logical upgrade Zoro gets from training with Enma) really make that big of a difference against King? His durability, endurance, CoO, reaction speed, etc don’t improve with Enma equipped. And we don’t know of Zoro’s ceiling either.
Kid went to the new world directly and started working his ass off he took his Ls obviously but he didn't had Rayleigh to train him SHs are the only ones who trained and entered in the New world prepared to face the threats other SNs had to risk it Kid is the only one who didn't ended up serving one of the Yonkos and Law's strategic potential is insane whith his DF

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Kid went to the new world directly and started working his ass off he took his Ls obviously but he didn't had Rayleigh to train him SHs are the only ones who trained and entered in the New world prepared to face the threats other SNs had to risk it Kid is the only one who didn't ended up serving one of the Yonkos and Law's strategic potential is insane whith his DF
Explain how kidd will hurt kaido ???

And you call us fanboys:wellwell:
You are more of fanboy than us.
I'm a fanboy because I recognize how it's monumentally stupid to have Zoro, who at this moment isn't even close to what Luffy was at the start of this arc, to go through an entire fight against King (imo), probably with help because he won't be strong enough to solo King and there's too many characters in the arc for there to be clean 1v1's anyway, come out of that fight weakened and battered, and still at a level less than what Luffy was at the start of the arc, and then do something that Luffy couldn't do despite being stronger than Zoro was at the time that he attempted it? Or because that I'm actually taking Oden's words for what they mean instead of projecting fanboy nonsense over them to make my favorite character seem more relevant?

Ok.

I'm a fanboy because I recognize how it's monumentally stupid to have Zoro, who at this moment isn't even close to what Luffy was at the start of this arc, to go through an entire fight against King (imo), probably with help because he won't be strong enough to solo King and there's too many characters in the arc for there to be clean 1v1's anyway, come out of that fight weakened and battered, and still at a level less than what Luffy was at the start of the arc, and then do something that Luffy couldn't do despite being stronger than Zoro was at the time that he attempted it? Or because that I'm actually taking Oden's words for what they mean instead of projecting fanboy nonsense over them to make my favorite character seem more relevant?

Ok.
You said that yourself. He'll fight with King and will learn AdCoA 2.0 (he already has AdCoA 1.0). And no, he will be at least on par with BoW Luffy, no point to say that he won't. The problem with Luffy vs Kaido is that you need AdCoA to harm Kaido. That's how Zoro is gonna cut Kaido. At this point it's my headcannon, but that's what will happen most likely.
Post automatically merged:

Zoro is thinking about how is he going to defeat Kaido when he needed Orlumbos' help to defeat Pica and went night night against a damaged Killer

*To cut Kaido* *To reach Pica* And he one-shotted Killer once he got his scythe:feelsokeman:

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Uff damn... just a few ones discuss the chapters, while the majority just always, in every thread and every discussion, Comes up with powerscaling of zoro. He doesnt appear here and he doesnt has to do anything with that what happened. It is really annoying to come here and only see People hyping or hating zoro. 2 Fan-Crews which are always hating, baiting and blaming each other... :pepeanger:

Such an amazing and emotional chapter damn.

Oden went out like a beast, dying with a smile on his face. Now we know why the 9 scabbards want to make his wish come true.

This flashback has been great, Oden is a great character even with his naivety and his flaws.

After last 2 chapters i don't know how any of the 9 Scabbards, Toki, or Shinobu can be considered the traitor.

I am honestly glad Kaido was the one who killed the old lady just goes to show that he did indeed have some honor in him.

Now going back into the present makes you wonder how the hell they will deal with 2 yonko's lol

Status
Not open for further replies.