Spoiler One Piece Chapter 972 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have LOVED if he threw them in the same manner that Jinbe threw "Crocodile/Mr.1/Buggy" on a wooden board, completely out of this area. Like a huge swing, and throw, and we get a shot from up in the sky, looking down, on Oden. While the retainers are holding onto the wood, but extending their arm Towards Oden.

I think artistically, that would have been an excellent shot!
Its good also for that oden scene but i hope the art is not like that lol

Bogard

You can't win
Oden's flashback overall was ok. It was especially amazing when Roger and Whitebeard were involved, dropped a little in the confrontation between Oden and Kaido due to off-paneling and tricks involved, but with overall respect growing between the two despite being mortal enemies

And overall this flashback helped to prove my theories around Ancient Kingdom, Ancient Weapon and Celestial Dragons, which can be bee seen from the link in my sig

And in the end, Oden's strength turned out to be greater than i originally expected, but my disappointments comes from the fact that:

- We saw nothing relevant from Toki
- We didn't see much of his conqueror haki despite it being highlighted at the beginning of the arc
- We still don't know his bounty, hoping we'd get an info about it in the future

Still sad we couldn't see young beast pirates and big mom pirates. Also sadly no shiki

Also highkey the roger pirates looked the most boring crew lol
Like they got ray, scopper, buggy and shanks at least
My biggest disappointments with this flashback outside of Toki's wasted potential are that we didn't see Shiki and his crew, Roger's encounter with Big Mom and the Beast Pirates before they came to Wano.

Why is Oda so obsessed with creating so much controversy in fights?

1v1 fights on equal terms where one character wins because he's simply stronger seems to be forbidden to use as a concept for a fight.

That blackmail plot was totally unnecessary, it just dehyped the current main antagonist of the coming battle.
Yeah, he loves it this way.
Oda's mentality is exactly like "Thorkell" in "Vinland Saga" when he tells the prince that it's not easy to tell who's stronger and who's weaker. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, as simple as that. And that's the fun part of fighting.

I think Oda likes to do that a lot.

The most funny thing recently about this was the Movie "Bullet"
As there were some side info about Bullet, outside of the movie, but didn't appear in the movie. That info was Crocodile having a past with Bullet (which appeared in the movie with Crocodile saying "it's been a long time")

And the info stated that Crocodile had a fight with Bullet in the past, and the result was "Draw"
Which made me laugh at Oda or the movie maker, where they made this whole Bullet legend, the demon heir, stating that he's able to go toe to toe with Rayleigh! Only to then say Crocodile faught him before, and it was a draw.

And sure, it gives credit to Crocodile, and I understand that Bullet could have gotten stronger, but c'mon! It just feels like they never try to make it a clear cut of "XXX is stronger than ZZZ". They always love making it controversial in power scaling

Worst

Custom title
My biggest disappointments with this flashback outside of Toki's wasted potential are that we didn't see Shiki and his crew, Roger's encounter with Big Mom and the Beast Pirates before they came to Wano.
Think we'll see some of this stuff later on....we will still have to get some more flashbacks Kaido's, Kaido and Orochi maybe if Shiki appears as the Lurking Legend we will see him remembering Oden during his fight vs Roger

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Ummm for killing his family his goal to punish all Wano country....
Even tho the old hag is part of the Family, at the end of the day she still didnt changed anything when the People of Wano went for the clan. She and the old man had incredible power with their fruits and they didnt safe the clan, so maybe he assume them to be part of the Group which Need the punishment.

H

Homelander

Oden's flashback overall was ok. It was especially amazing when Roger and Whitebeard were involved, dropped a little in the confrontation between Oden and Kaido due to off-paneling and tricks involved, but with overall respect growing between the two despite being mortal enemies

And overall this flashback helped to prove my theories around Ancient Kingdom, Ancient Weapon and Celestial Dragons, which can be bee seen from the link in my sig

And in the end, Oden's strength turned out to be greater than i originally expected, but my disappointments comes from the fact that:

- We saw nothing relevant from Toki
- We didn't see much of his conqueror haki despite it being highlighted at the beginning of the arc
- We still don't know his bounty, hoping we'd get an info about it in the future
Did he possess Conqueror haki ? OK i saw that spark in earlier chapter !

Ya Toki is def big spoiler if we know everything about void century then game is over isnt it . Oda def is hiding this part of storyline . I am guessing toki escaped or leaped ahead to avoid her enemies . I ll be interested who were after her because in the beginning she mentioned she has slave price right ? I am guessing she was a slave and managed to avoid or detection from celestial dragons .

Wow the spoiler kind of made me sad . The smile was so similar to luffy's smile in the end !!!

Oden certainly has the saddest character ending i just teared a little . Oda definately made him worth the hype !
No one has more sad ending than Pound.
Pound is exactly the opposite of Dr. Hiluluk words. EVERYONE killed in this series were remembered by someone or a loved one. Except for Pound. He died, not being able to speak to his daughter, and while EVEN is daughter is calling him "pervert" while he saved her.
If that's not the saddest, I don't know what it is. Pound is the only dead character who is "FORGOTTEN" and will not be remembered

Status
Not open for further replies.