Spoiler One Piece Chapter 972 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro, if I were on this forum before I began smoking, I’d be every bit as intense as most of the posters in this thread...all things considered, I’m glad I don’t have that kind of energy :luuh:

Like, we all have opinions on Oden’s demise, but shit has gone so far off the rails in this thread that it tells me certain people need to chill out SOMEHOW.
I woke up, made some coffe and came on to this thread only to see pages and pages of zoro bullshit. This should be bannable to be honest, derailing chapter threads like that.
Post automatically merged:

How childish can you get.

Waaaah waaah they did it first miss

Grow up.
But you're the one saying i started it when its not the case, and now you're ressorting to whatever diatribe your expeclling out of your mouth.

On topic, i feel like this flashback was alright. There were some hits and misses, namely the scabbards. I do not care about them at all save for the dukes to be honest. I was expecting them to get fleshed out but they barely got any screen time.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I woke up, made some coffe and came on to this thread only to see pages and pages of zoro bullshit. This should be bannable to be honest, derailing chapter threads like that.
Therein lies the difference - you’re drinking something that gives you more energy to get involved, while I’m smoking something that saps me dry and has me looking solely for a good time. Guess I’m looking elsewhere on this site :sanmoji:

Therein lies the difference - you’re drinking something that gives you more energy to get involved, while I’m smoking something that saps me dry and has me looking solely for a good time. Guess I’m looking elsewhere on this site :sanmoji:
Hahaha. maybe i should follow your advice and not come in here dopped up on cafeine :P. By the way, what do you feel about the chapter?

Nah i didnt, whats your point mate?.
In Skypea : Zoro fought and beat Braham then, the same day, even tho Braham shoot him in the leg he fought and beat Ohm. And he then fought against Enel and helped Luffy reach him by cutting the giant beans.

In Thriller Bark: Zoro fought Ryuma then participated in the Oars fight then fought Kuma.

Therefore it is nor far fetched for him to fight an beat Kyoshiro then fight and beat King then participate in the Kaido’s fight.

But you're the one saying i started it when its not the case, and now you're ressorting to whatever diatribe your expeclling out of your mouth.

On topic, i feel like this flashback was alright. There were some hits and misses, namely the scabbards. I do not care about them at all save for the dukes to be honest. I was expecting them to get fleshed out but they barely got any screen time.
Oh please, NO BANNING
It's better to talk off topic than have no activity at all, and feel boredom LOL

In Skypea : Zoro fought and beat Braham then, the same day, even tho Braham shoot him in the leg he fought and beat Ohm. And he then fought against Enel and helped Luffy reach him by cutting the giant beans.

In Thriller Bark: Zoro fought Ryuma then participated in the Oars fight then fought Kuma.

Therefore it is nor far fetched for him to fight an beat Kyoshiro then fight and beat King then participate in the Kaido’s fight.
So you are saying he can do all that yet use the excuse of him being a bit hurt by kyoshiro and him being hungry to say that he wasnt going full serious against kyoshiro? Which is it?
''Fighting'' kuma is a bit of stretch, luffy has shown way more endurange that zoro ever did. And the man was not able to do anything after kata, if you are saying thats hes gonna fight kyoshiro then win, then somehow fight king and win extreme diff ala luffy and kata. He should be in no position to even get up.

Oh please, NO BANNING
It's better to talk off topic than have no activity at all, and feel boredom LOL
I agree but every thread derailing into a zoro wankfest is getting old.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
So you are saying he can do all that yet use the excuse of him being a bit hurt by kyoshiro and him being hungry to say that he wasnt going full serious against kyoshiro? Which is it?
''Fighting'' kuma is a bit of stretch, luffy has shown way more endurange that zoro ever did. And the man was not able to do anything after kata, if you are saying thats hes gonna fight kyoshiro then win, then somehow fight king and win extreme diff ala luffy and kata. He should be in no position to even get up.

I agree but every thread derailing into a zoro wankfest is getting old.
Zoros not gonna be a punching bag lile.luffy was vs kata and take 54 hits.

He was not going all out against Kyoshiro for the simple fact that he did not have three swords.

It is not a strech it is basically what happened.

As shown in the manga, Oda as no issue to make Zoro do those kind of thing. Therefore the comparison with Luffy is fallacious.

Wait so apparently Oden have his swords in the prison and he couldn't break the normal cage.:wonderland:While Zoro got caught in the steel cage in Fishman Island with Usopp and Brook despite having all three swords with him. And then Sanji rescued them off-screen. Also, Zoro imbued his swords with Armament Haki but he couldn't cut the Bird Cage in Dressrosa. While Sanji break the cage in Fishman Island and saved Zoro and others out of there and he also break the seastone cage (which confirmed that it is harder than diamond) in that one scene that I can't find for some reason. Which means that Sanji's feat is even greater:finally::finally::finally:

Also note that the Raid Suit can withstand the special enhanced bullet while Kaido shot Oden in the head with normal bullet.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Hahaha. maybe i should follow your advice and not come in here dopped up on cafeine :p. By the way, what do you feel about the chapter?
From what I’ve seen, it seems a very fitting end to one of the most substantial flashbacks we’ve gotten in the whole series. I think Oden’s death scene is more poignant than I might have thought last week, and I’m more and more convinced that Toki isn’t actually dead herself. Not crazy about the notion that Luffy is the “chosen one” as @Buusatan94 stated several pages/several hundred screaming matches ago, but it’s not like we haven’t been trending that way for 20-something years. Overall, seems like a good chapter, and I’m excited to get back to the present next week!!

I get what you are saying but training only gets you so far. Haki blooms in intense fights and zoro had none so you cant tell me the dude is gonna jump to yc level without doing anything. I could see him fighting kyoshiro to a high extreme diff fight, wining. Then healing up for a day or two and then fight king or something and even that is a stretch but to say he just jumps all those levels instantly where luffy was shown struggling to high hell and heaven, going through doffy and cracker and then kat. Just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Hence why i find zoro such a boring character tbh, i dont get why people like him post skip. He basically does nothing and you expect us to believe he will someone be at kings level now? That would be saying he came out stronger than luffy post skip which is impossible since oda himself stated that luffy is always the strongest of the 3.
I've explained to you what that execution matters more than reader headcanon power scaling.

If the story is executed well, it won't mater what you thought about power scaling, it will be effective in what Oda is going for and that's all that will matter.

Oda has decided to give Zoro Oden sword and had characters comment on Zoro compared to Oden and one character even brings up Zoro surpassing Oden and there's a whole chapter dedicated to the meaning of People inheriting other people's swords and in that very chapter Zoro is offered Enma. Clearly Oda is trying to do something here by establishing and story with themes.

And when it all comes down to it, themes Are What dictate the story and not power scaling. For example Oda decided that the point of the Strawhats escaping Big mom's territory was to shoe that they are indeed capable enough for Luffy to be somewhat worth the Yonkou title. It doesn't matter that AN ENTIRE FUCKIN YONKOU FLEET FAILED FOR 10 HOURS TO CATCH ONE ROOKIE PIRATE CREW THAT WAS MISSING HALF IT'S MEMBERS. Like fuckin big mom herself even gets invoked in thus debacle and Nothing. The story's themes decided that The strawhats must survive this and the ENTIRE Yonkou fleet must be sacrificed for this. And all that really matters in the end is EXECUTION. Oda adds things like Carrot's sulong and Jinbei's superhuman helmsmanship and Sanji's cake that COINCINDENTALLY IS MADE OF BIG MOM'S FAVORITE CREAM. Like it's pure luck that Sanji picked he exact best cream to make the cake wth because the story said so. And in the end, the execution of the escape was fairly alright so that's what matters. Who cares if Big mom or Daifuku got clowned or Smoothie was useless, power scaling doesn't override themes and execution.

There you have it, there's no need to complain about Zoro supposedly having jot earned whatver you think he has to earn, Oda can decide one day Zoro can cut a mountain and as long as he does it in as cool way, it's fine. Same way if Oda decides Zoro can cut ask know king's fire and his Enma haki training can give him Comparable haki to king, and he's fast enough and strong enough already to tangle physically with king, all anyone will care about is how well its executed on panel before arguments about Power scaling start mattering

He was not going all out against Kyoshiro for the simple fact that he did not have three swords.

It is not a strech it is basically what happened.

As shown in the manga, Oda as no issue to make Zoro do those kind of thing. Therefore the comparison with Luffy is fallacious.
Zoros fights that you have shown me have never been extreme diff fights with him down. Not even their fight with oz did that. And you are comparing that 1 hour or less fight to an 11 hours fight that luffy had to go through. That alone shows how much higher luffys stamina is and even he was down for the count after dealing with kat. So no i dont see zoro winning over king at all but if he does it will be extreme diff life risking, the same thing as luffy if not worse. And thats just against king.

Zoros fights that you have shown me have never been extreme diff fights with him down. Not even their fight with oz did that. And you are comparing that 1 hour or less fight to an 11 hours fight that luffy had to go through. That alone shows how much higher luffys stamina is and even he was down for the count after dealing with kat. So no i dont see zoro winning over king at all but if he does it will be extreme diff life risking, the same thing as luffy if not worse. And thats just against king.
I disagree but ok.

I've explained to you what that execution matters more than reader headcanon power scaling.

If the story is executed well, it won't mater what you thought about power scaling, it will be effective in what Oda is going for and that's all that will matter.

Oda has decided to give Zoro Oden sword and had characters comment on Zoro compared to Oden and one character even brings up Zoro surpassing Oden and there's a whole chapter dedicated to the meaning of People inheriting other people's swords and in that very chapter Zoro is offered Enma. Clearly Oda is trying to do something here by establishing and story with themes.

And when it all comes down to it, themes Are What dictate the story and not power scaling. For example Oda decided that the point of the Strawhats escaping Big mom's territory was to shoe that they are indeed capable enough for Luffy to be somewhat worth the Yonkou title. It doesn't matter that AN ENTIRE FUCKIN YONKOU FLEET FAILED FOR 10 HOURS TO CATCH ONE ROOKIE PIRATE CREW THAT WAS MISSING HALF IT'S MEMBERS. Like fuckin big mom herself even gets invoked in thus debacle and Nothing. The story's themes decided that The strawhats must survive this and the ENTIRE Yonkou fleet must be sacrificed for this. And all that really matters in the end is EXECUTION. Oda adds things like Carrot's sulong and Jinbei's superhuman helmsmanship and Sanji's cake that COINCINDENTALLY IS MADE OF BIG MOM'S FAVORITE CREAM. Like it's pure luck that Sanji picked he exact best cream to make the cake wth because the story said so. And in the end, the execution of the escape was fairly alright so that's what matters. Who cares if Big mom or Daifuku got clowned or Smoothie was useless, power scaling doesn't override themes and execution.

There you have it, there's no need to complain about Zoro supposedly having jot earned whatver you think he has to earn, Oda can decide one day Zoro can cut a mountain and as long as he does it in as cool way, it's fine. Same way if Oda decides Zoro can cut ask know king's fire and his Enma haki training can give him Comparable haki to king, and he's fast enough and strong enough already to tangle physically with king, all anyone will care about is how well its executed on panel before arguments about Power scaling start mattering
Yeah no, doing something that you never did before out of nowhere, no matter how cool it is. Is bad writting. You know who keep doing cool shit just for the cool factor? Fairy tail. The execution? I mean what. Having the right ingredients because the story said so or being able to evade a yonko fleet is still better than zoro doing the shit you think he can do. Its shit tier writting.

From what I’ve seen, it seems a very fitting end to one of the most substantial flashbacks we’ve gotten in the whole series. I think Oden’s death scene is more poignant than I might have thought last week, and I’m more and more convinced that Toki isn’t actually dead herself. Not crazy about the notion that Luffy is the “chosen one” as @Buusatan94 stated several pages/several hundred screaming matches ago, but it’s not like we haven’t been trending that way for 20-something years. Overall, seems like a good chapter, and I’m excited to get back to the present next week!!
Yeah i agree, my only problem honestly is with the scabbards. I do not care about them, they havent been fleshed out except for the dukes. There are also some inconsistentices like i thought kaido wanted oden for the poneglyphs? As for toki, her character falls flat to me. She hasnt done anything, her being from 800 years ago seems to mean nothing as of now and none of the wb or oden reacted to her saying that. It just feels weird to me. She almost seems like a plot device and thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.