Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 973: Kozuki Clan

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Oden have advanced COA? I thought his cut was simply just his insane hardening and how physically strong he was.
Well, I don't think it was just regular strong hardening; Oda simply wanted to showcase how Kaido was injured by an opponent with an ability that Luffy is going to learn.

And since Oda also loves to dehype a character on the one moment AND extremely hypes the same character on another one, I can imagine that Kaido learned advanced CoA as well.
After all, the Scabbards only know that Kaido 20 years ago but not really current Kaido.

But, I agree. If Luffy is learning these things in short order, theres no excuse for other top tiers to not have it.
Plus, it would be too expecting.
"Hah! I learned the ability to hurt you, Kaido!
*hurts Kaido extremely and then pummels him*
"See? And now you are going to lose!"

I don't think it's that simple. If Luffy can just easily injure Kaido like that, why should he need help from other characters?
Therefore, Kaido has some trumpcard as well in which he should be still vastly superior to Luffy 1vs1.

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
I've been wondering. Does Hiyori have VOAT? Or is Oda only going to make Momo the special one of the two siblings? Thinking about the snot nosed brat makes me upset for some reason. I hate him as a character... Especially one Oda has given so much relevance. Are all female character in OP just there to be useless and helpless? Why hasn't Kyoshiro been giving Hiyori secret sword lessons these past 20 years? Why hasn't Hiyroi taken any initiative to become stronger? It's not like she doesn't have the genetics for it. Her father was a complete monster. The same justification will be used for why Momo will be a monster in the future. The more I read and think of this shit the more upset it makes me. Not because of "Females must be strong" but it's just poor writing in general. I gravitate so heavily to female OP characters that have even a shred of competence and strength because they're so rare. Even then, theres always something off and something stupid about them....

Decent chapter, it feels somewhat rushed pacing-wise, but Oda's probably trying to get back to the main story now. I just wish we had more pages of Oden with his family and retainers. I like the relationships between those guys. It's also interesting to see how Oden's death affected everyone. Neko and Inu starting fighting, and Denjiro got so angry his uh, appearance changed? Maybe Viz or the anime can explain that moment a bit better. Toki appears to be done for. I wish she was in the flashback a bit more. She seemed to have an interesting personality to say the least. I hope we get to see her past sometime.

Denjiro seems to be the most important retainer now. In addition to protecting Hiyori, he probably has the most information on Orochi. He might know about Orochi's inside guy a.k.a the traitor. I can't wait for all the retainers to unite again.

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
Well, I don't think it was just regular strong hardening; Oda simply wanted to showcase how Kaido was injured by an opponent with an ability that Luffy is going to learn.

And since Oda also loves to dehype a character on the one moment AND extremely hypes the same character on another one, I can imagine that Kaido learned advanced CoA as well.
After all, the Scabbards only know that Kaido 20 years ago but not really current Kaido.

I don't think it's that simple. If Luffy can just easily injure Kaido like that, why should he need help from other characters?
Therefore, Kaido has some trumpcard as well in which he should be still vastly superior to Luffy 1vs1.
I think. his DF ability may be enough but there needs to be some explanation as to why there aren't people just one shotting each other with this type of Haki. There is likely a catch to it. Some way to negate / block it. I assume it should be blockable because for normal humans, getting your internal organs attacked just once is GG.

which most likely will be his hybrid form which we haven't seen yet

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Chapter is great.

Denjiro is easily the most badass samurai we got in wano.

Somewhere deep inside I wish oden to be like him after coming back to wano from raftel lol

It seems Toki past would be revealed at the time of FB of void century...

This FB is over for good but I don't know why I feel there is something missing....

Now I am interested in seeing more on Law, Drake and Hawkins situation.

Trash chapter as usual. Nothing happens. We still stuck in the irrelevant lives of Lolzukis.
Nothing happens.
- we see that denjiro is indeed kyoshiro.
- we see how he became kyoshiro in the first place.
- we learn that he is the witching hour boy
- we see how neko and inu got into fighting
- a little glimpse of the "numbers"
- for fun: we see momos pervert behaviour
- how kyoshiro got on the side of orochi.
- how hiyori became komirasaki
- and a little bit of info about the connection between wano and zou.

But sure, nothing happened.

And your next line is "nothing happened that i find interesting"

I think. his DF ability may be enough but there needs to be some explanation as to why there aren't people just one shotting each other with this type of Haki
Well, there are a lot of top tiers with op DF abilities; Kaido's DF won't automatically save him against their attacks, unless Kaido's haki is strong enough to compete against it.

For example, we have Primebeard with an op DF ability plus great haki mastery. At least Kaido's CoA should be quite advanced and powerful; after all, he is a brawler based on brute force.

There is likely a catch to it. Some way to negate / block it.
Well, I think CoA should be enough to block or counter a haki blast and thus, at this point, it is the question which CoA is stronger or not.

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
Well, there are a lot of top tiers with op DF abilities; Kaido's DF won't automatically save him against their attacks, unless Kaido's haki is strong enough to compete against it.

For example, we have Primebeard with an op DF ability plus great haki mastery. At least Kaido's CoA should be quite advanced and powerful; after all, he is a brawler based on brute force.

Well, I think CoA should be enough to block or counter a haki blast and thus, at this point, it is the question which CoA is stronger or not.
Not that I will be surprised if and when it happens but the fight just devolving into my haki is stronger is going to be a turn off for me.

I've been wondering. Does Hiyori have VOAT? Or is Oda only going to make Momo the special one of the two siblings? Thinking about the snot nosed brat makes me upset for some reason. I hate him as a character... Especially one Oda has given so much relevance. Are all female character in OP just there to be useless and helpless? Why hasn't Kyoshiro been giving Hiyori secret sword lessons these past 20 years? Why hasn't Hiyroi taken any initiative to become stronger? It's not like she doesn't have the genetics for it. Her father was a complete monster. The same justification will be used for why Momo will be a monster in the future. The more I read and think of this shit the more upset it makes me. Not because of "Females must be strong" but it's just poor writing in general. I gravitate so heavily to female OP characters that have even a shred of competence and strength because they're so rare. Even then, theres always something off and something stupid about them....
I'm still here wondering how was she described as a tomboy when nothing so far denotes that.

When Cavendish falls asleep, his demon alter ego takes over known as "Hakuba"

It also changes Cavendish's appearance but apparently he can't fully control it yet

Now what's Denjiro's epithet? It's "Napping Kyoshiro"

Hear me out, in this chapter, it says Denjiro's face has been taken over by the demon known as "Anger/Rage"

It also changes Denjiro's appearance but it seems like he can fully control it?

This is only speculation as nothing is confirmed yet.

DENJIRO IS FUCKING HYPED

Zoro - ashura
Cavendish - hakuba
Denjiro - anger/wrath

The secret to becoming a strong swordsman is napping?
:choppawhat:

Status
Not open for further replies.