Spoiler One Piece Chapter 974 Spoilers Discussion

Who is the Best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to give a shout out to @Sadistic Senpai for correctly predicting that the traitor was Kanjuro waaaaaaay in advance.

Congratulations you plot detective. :smithnie:

Well it was the biggest reveal in terms of no one guessing it but that was because there was never any previous indication that Kamazou was going to be someone else. There was no reason to believe it was going to be someone we already knew instead of a new character.

In terms of hard hitting story reveals, Denjiro is Kyoshiro and Kanjuro is the traitor will be the hardest hitting ones as they directly affect the plot and affect characters that we have spent time with.
Arigato Gosaimasu

Kanjuro vs the alliance:

Shitty background character vs insufferable morons, only one will prevail!!

But hilarious how a plot that has been built up since 2015 has reasoning this utterly shite :milaugh:

"He CwaAzZzYy!!" Literally nothing else at all, other than the fact that he is a mad Kurozumi...

Oda reminding us once again how he's all style over substance at this point. It wouldn't even be that hard honestly. Oden was an aggressively retarded fucker. His stupidity, incompetence and undeserved wank could've been an understandable reason for such a betrayal. If you want the "mad" traitor idea, you could even apply it there and have someone so crazy that they are literally willing to burn in a boiling pot to get a direct experience of the pain the clown you betrayed was going through. That at least ties the madness to something, instead of it just being random BS. Even something that basic would've been a lot better, lol.

But alas, One Piece isn't that sort of series anymore. We're expected to scream and applaud simply because there was a traitor, rather than the traitor plot meaning anything significant. We spend time fawning over "foreshadowing" instead of what this means for the characters and the story don't you know.

Here I was hoping I might find a solitary character to root for in this godforsaken arc...Goddamn lmaooo
:pepeke::pepeke::tchpepe::tchpepe:

To be honest the Kamazou twist was really good of Oda and probably the biggest Reveal.
also time travel stuff....who would have thought that they travel 20 years to the future....when the first time Momo said he met Roger, we all thought that he was just making up the stuff.......

And it is not like Oda trying to make twist with Komurasaki/Hiyori thing....
Denjiro is Kyoshiro.....this was spoiled by TOEI........
Half of the people who are saying "Kanjuro being traitor is so predictable" are just backtracking.....

Lol, Oda's admitted to doing this in interviews already.

If people guess his idea, he will sometimes change it solely for the sake of being unpredictable.

But what's even more surprising is that Kanjuro doesn't seem like a last minute change at all, yet the reasoning was still this trash.
Why is the reasoning trash though????
The only way for someone who LIVED and BREATHED and stayed with ODEN all his life... under his care... and to ave Oden save him and do so much for him all this time...to betray Oden is to actually have TRUE GRUDGE against Kozoki from the get go like Orochi. To where this traitor THINKS that all of what Oden's doings is happening according to his OWN PLAN. FROM THE GET GO. Just like how it was with Orochi who had great debt from Oden to a point tat there was no room to accept that he turned evil on Oden with how many times Oden helped him

The ONLY REASONABLE way was to make him hate Kozoki family from the beginning.. and Oden to be his target of revenge BEFORE joining him. The same way it was for Orochi.

In fact, Oda ALREADY SET HIM UP as a Korozomi clan member... from the moment Oden recruited him. Go back to the flashback... and READ what Oden said when he found Kajuro... he said "we found someone who was persecuted" sounds a lot like someone being persecuted like Orochi at young age..

And hell,,, Oda made him even more creepy by saying that Kanjuro takes the "hair of dead people" and made his brush from it... That's the action of fucking someone insane and nuts..

I find nothing wrong with Oda's reasoning..
If you have a better scenario or a better reasoning on WHY Kanjuro decided to betray Oden... please enlighten me with that scenario... maybe I would change my mind... who knows

Ace was something who gets mad easily even his brothers was not save around him haha
I can see your parallel here... With Ace being too hotheaded like Kidd.. and Sabo is somewhat more observant and calculates more like Law.

Still though... Ace is mah dude! There is something about his "carefree chill attitude" that is just so god damn awesome.. Like for real... go and rewatch the scene Ace had with Buggy's crew... That was one of the MOST RANDOM CHILL CAREFREE moments I have ever seen LOL

I can see your parallel here... With Ace being too hotheaded like Kidd.. and Sabo is somewhat more observant and calculates more like Law.

Still though... Ace is mah dude! There is something about his "carefree chill attitude" that is just so god damn awesome.. Like for real... go and rewatch the scene Ace had with Buggy's crew... That was one of the MOST RANDOM CHILL CAREFREE moments I have ever seen LOL
Good OP times.

well they are not the exact the same just they serve as being the two rivals while Ace and Sabo are the two brothers

Status
Not open for further replies.