Spoiler One Piece Chapter 974 Spoilers Discussion

Who is the Best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all
the whole "he wants to die" is more than likely a "metaphore" mistranslation shit with spoiler...
I can guarantee you that all what's meant is that "his heart died a long time ago... when people of wano persecuted him and treated him inhumanely" and so on...
Or with Orochi's words when he tried to convince Kanjuro to work under him is that "you will ACT as if you are a Kozoki clan... and your role as actor will end when you die"...etc from metaphor shit...

So.. do not indulge into specific details about wanting to die.. when the translation IS NOT totally accurate at this point.
Everything in the spoilers points towards him wanting to die. I'm going to consider those translations correct until there's a valid reason not to.
When you read the official translation... then you recognize what is "metaphor" and what is "not metaphor" and is there deep meaing behind those words... or just as superficial as he said it... So, I'm asking you to delay your judgement until you get the FULL explaination and motives THROUGH official release
I always consider the official release. Doubt it will change anything here though.

If it does however, obviously my opinion could change then too. But for now, this is just more sloppy writing from Oda, consistent with the quality of this arc up to this point.

Unlike others, I won't consider a chapter good simply because the traitor was revealed. If the events surrounding that reveal are trash, then the reveal itself is trash.

The chapter they find the OP won't be good simply because they found the OP if it turns out the treasure was something like "the friends they made along the way".

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
People predicted kanjuro being traitor??? :gokulaugh:

Only few of you guys did..

Rest were scratching their heads regarding the matter especially after FB...

Some even went on to say that oda forgot about it or there is no traitor

And, now you are saying it was predictable..
GTFO!:zehaha:

huh? Is this it? The reason why Kanjuro is the traitor.
this is cheap tbh.
Kanjuro: Before it came to this, why didn't any of you doubt yourselves!!!
Scabbards?: ???
Kanjuro: It should have all been very suspicious from the beginning!!!, any and everything!!!
Beast Pirates: Hey you lot!!! it's true!!! just like Master Orochi said, there are actually some dudes heading for Onigashima on a small boat!!!
Beast Pirates: Wahaha!!! These guys are cracking me up!!!:ROFLMAO:
Beast Pirates: I can't believe it!!! It's actually the nine scabbards from that time. Moreover, to to think that they had a spy amongst their ranks all this time. Are you the spy?
Kanjuro: Yes, that's right.
Kinemon: Kanjuro~!!!!!
Kanjuro: Kakaka, there would have been no greater joy than to have died with you all at sea without revealing my identity, but this time I was stopped by Master Orochi. "You did well!!, this is the end!!" he said. "Bring Momonouske along with you to Onigashima he said!!!"
Momonosuke: Kin'emon~!!!!!!
Kin'emon: What!??? Master Momonosuke!!!!
Luffy: When you’re on the sea, you fight pirates!!!

Everything in the spoilers points towards him wanting to die. I'm going to consider those translations correct until there's a valid reason not to.

I always consider the official release. Doubt it will change anything here though.

If it does however, obviously my opinion could change then too. But for now, this is just more sloppy writing from Oda, consistent with the quality of this arc up to this point.

Unlike others, I won't consider a chapter good simply because the traitor was revealed. If the events surrounding that reveal are trash, then the reveal itself is trash.

The chapter they find the OP won't be good simply because they found the OP if it turns out the treasure was something like "the friends they made along the way".
Well.. that's fair.

Although I'm somewhat the opposite... I would ONLY judge the "key points" from spoiler.. Which are:
1- Traitor is Kanjuro
2- He is korozomi..

Other details... specifically details that relies heavily on accurate translations... I would ONLY wait for the chapter to come out.. first... then confirm it even more with official release.

Tbf, I actually really like the reveal of Kanjuro as a traitor, particularly his motivations for being so. I mean, even though Kanjuro is well within his rights to be pissed at wano and it's citizens for persecuting him and killing off his parents imo. He doesn't really hate wano nor the scabbards as he's unfortunately lost the ability to feel :catcry:. The man is literally lifeless and the sole thing that gives him life or any sort of euphoria is to completely absorb himself in his "act/stage performance" as another person. I might be in the minority here, but I think he's a tragic character and I'm very interested in seeing what Oda does with him going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.