Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 975 : "Kinemon's Plan"

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao at the girly named sword enma

not only the name is girly even the color is girly:blush:
If you don't know japanese, i will help you.
Enma is the name of the God of Hell. So maybe it's a girl or not, still the name of the god. I didn't know purple is also for girl.
Anyway what's the deal about having a girl name ? Still the "girl" named sword (according to you) fucked kaido forever, you know the big macho who is currently the WSC.
What a shame kaido, right ?:gokulaugh:

In case your illiterate ass didn't know, Enma is the name of a "God" in the Japanese mythology and Purple was used to represent royalty and power since the ancient times.
lol a Nintendo fan calling other things girly... wow
If you don't know japanese, i will help you.

Enma is the name of the God of Hell. So maybe it's a girl or not, still the name of the god. I didn't know purple is also for girl.

Anyway what's the deal about having a girl name ? Still the "girl" named sword (according to you) fucked kaido forever, you know the big macho who is currently the WSC.

What a shame kaido, right ?:gokulaugh:

This chapter was Classic One Piece.

Someone else once made a point about One Piece's ability as a narrative to freely flow from tragedy to comedy and nothing more exemplifies that than this chapter right here.

Just before the Flashback started we were hit with the tragedy. It's dark, gloomy, depressing and it really seems as if all hope has been lost(at least from the Scabbards perspective).

Then the Flashback ends, and the tone shifts. It flows swiftly and effortlessly into something more positive and hopeful. Then Oda hits us with the punchline. lmao.

You really gotta be a madman to wait that long just to make a joke but whats impressive is that he actually pulled it off. Where most writers mess up is that when they try to make a joke to alleviate the tension it fails because the tone of the scene is still negative. Making the joke clash the tone. Here Oda expertly shifts the tone first. Making us go from hopeless to hopeful in a matter of moments before hitting us with a joke. Making it all seem so seamless.

Status
Not open for further replies.