Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 975 : "Kinemon's Plan"

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain to me the language thing?
I'll give it a bash.

So, there's a few Japanese words you need to remember

Habu=snake
Tokage=lizard
Habu minato=Snake port
Hato= wharf

Habu and Tokage are ports in Wano.

So, the original picture was of a snake. That meant Habu Port was the gathering point.

Yasuie added two lines to the picture, which Kin'emon thought represented legs. That would have turned the picture into a lizard, making Tokage Port the new gathering point.

Kin'emon was wrong though. The two lines meant they were meant to cut out the belly of the snake. So, the sentence Habu Minato (Snake Port) gets cut down to Hato. Which means wharf. So instead of gathering at Hato Port, they were meant to gather at Hato Wharf.

S

Shura

I'll give it a bash.

Habu=snake
Tokage=lizard
Habu minato=Snake port
Hato= wharf

So, the original picture was of a snake. That meant Habu Port was the gathering point.

Yasuie added two lines to the picture, which Kin'emon thought represented legs. That would have turned the picture into a lizard, making Tokage Port the new gathering point.

Kin'emon was wrong though. The two lines meant they were meant to cut out the belly of the snake. So, the sentence Habu Minato (Snake Port) gets cut down to Hato. Which means wharf. So instead of gathering at Hato Port, they were meant to gather at Hato Wharf.
lol...this Japanese is too complicated...even in DC series, most of the clues are based on this kind of word puzzles...

R

Rohan

I'll give it a bash.

Habu=snake
Tokage=lizard
Habu minato=Snake port
Hato= wharf

What does cut the belly of snake mean?

Yeah, actually Denjiro not aware of Kinemon blunder is what it makes the typical and the best of One Piece....it subtly changed the atmosphere around the scabbards from gloom to funny...

Buggy/Usopp moments in OP are always great and Oda nails it perfectly
Kinemon was a bless. The biggest revelation in the arc, superseding the likes of Kanjuro. :madmonk:

Actually yasuie's original intention could be either way.
Denjiro could be included in the group of the overthinking / literature freak samurai, while kinemon is from the rest of the group. The key is the different misinterpretation. That's all to make the plan perfect. Good ol' oda lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.