Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 975 : "Kinemon's Plan"

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Homelander

So, in this chapter we see Denjiro slash the beast pirates ship look so easy. And the important part is, denjiro is still considering to put Kinemon as a "Leader" of this raid. Do we better start to wondering if Kinemon is stronger than Denjiro/Ashura Douji? :pepeke:
I think denjiro probably wants kinemon to continue and not get demotivated.

Here is good part denjiro is the brain , kinemon is like a captain motivates and recruits people. Denjiro knew kin misread it yet he didnt want spy to feel kinemon made a mistake and check mating kanjuro 's underestimation kinemons plan.

Now kanjuro thoughts will have 1000 conclusion on how to read onigashima because denjiro made it look like kinemon is genius in planning ahead.

Here is good part denjiro is the brain , kinemon is like a captain motivates and recruits people. Denjiro knew kin misread it yet he didnt want spy to feel kinemon made a mistake and check mating kanjuro 's underestimation kinemons plan.

Now kanjuro thoughts will have 1000 conclusion on how to read onigashima because denjiro made it look like kinemon is genius in planning ahead.
Well, the guys who thought they played the alliance got played instead because there was a spy in Orochi's ranks, too, and Kyoshiro just acted after Kanjuro made his move which makes Kyoshiro the winner.

Worst

Custom title

Ye Denjiro knows Kin emon is not that smart, but he is a charismatic leader, and Denjiro had 20 years to make preparations ,and he probably knows what to expect at Onigashima since he probably attended other fire festivals before

People should really just read the cupboard's translation over the imgur one... the latter's translation is just bad; the other makes more sense.. For instance, Law says "they are only good at losing" (srsly?...); but the other translation implies Law is as pissed off as the other captains, and only calls them slow, which makes sense.

That aside, amazing chapter!! Haven't had a blew-my-mind kind of chapter for a long time. Everything was great!! and I love what Oda did with Yasuie's plan.. totally didn't see that coming.. Denjiro is MVP of this chapter, and his entrance was awesome... And I'm dying to see Kidd's abilities more and more now.

10/10. (y)

Jeez, stop labeling every single idea you dislike as "bad writing"... Honestly, I'm sick and tired of seeing that stupid term being abused like that by people ever since OJ.. It's an insult to the term "bad writing"..

:tchpepe:

It is "bad writing" when it does not make narrative sense. Jinbe getting captured in that moment does not make narrative sense.

Edit: Let me elaborate. I have NO PROBLEM with the idea of Jinbe getting captured, however, that is not where the story was going. Ace being defeated by Blackbeard was foretold the moment he fought him on Banaro. The narration made sense, you KNEW something bad was coming.

With Jinbe. Luffy commanded him to stay alive. To meet him on Wano. This was done to make the reader, us, sad in the moment and desperate to find out what happened to Jinbe next. If Jinbe is captured. Not only does that ruin the entire scene of Luffy telling Jinbe to stay alive and meet them on Wano, it also gives the reader zero payoff in expecting Jinbe to return in Wano. Luffy even is worried about him not showing up, a gesture from Oda to remind readers to THINK ABOUT JINBE.

Jinbe will show up at a critical moment in the war. Oda has been writing towards this just as he has had Neko go out and search for allies. These are payoffs that need to happen. If they dont, it IS effectively bad writing because there would be no reason to have made the setups in the first place.

Going back to WCI to rescue Jinbe is an absolute maniacal waste of time when the Manga has yet to ever revisit locations save for Sabaody. WCI served its purpose. They saved Sanji, stole the road poneglyph, had Luffy beat two of BMs top brass, and reintroduced Jinbe. Going back to rescue Jinbe from an arc that was done makes zero sense. Having the arc's payoffs in the form of Jinbe and the Sun Pirates join the Wano war makes every bit of sense.

Tldr: Jinbe will return at Wano and Big Mom will go down in Wano or Elbaf.

Last edited:
Average transition chapter. Just badly placed before a break and during these trying times. Never been a fan of Law or Kidd, so seeing them here was just...eh. Moving on. It's been so long since the SH's have been together. That was a nice thing to see. But, still a daft thing for an author to take 7 years of real time to show his principle cast together. That's a long-ass time.

@Buusatan94 , @Jo_Ndule
Im little shocked that the alliance get the news of Bigmom+Kaido in this way, I though they get the news about the alliance would be far better when they enter Onigashima and seeing Big mom. Yet they decide to still start the war, Im not sure much anymore how the fight gonna end, I always though the alliance getting their big L during the war in Onigashima, but im also believe in the past that Katakuri would beat or at least get a draw against Luffy soo... Right now the event go into a full all out war and im not sure anymore if a second war gonna happen or if Oda really decide to beat Kaido already in Onigashima which wouldn´t lead a three round.
Back in 920 according to Kinemon they needed 5000+ warriors just for the Raid on Onigashima. This isn't a declaration of war. All they really needed to maintain was utmost secrecy as to it happening. And by the end, dumb luck saved the day. Oroch and Kaidou are none the wiser.

The Good Guys knowing about the Yonkou alliance this early means it won't be the 'nasty surprise' that turns the tables during the Raid itself. Which also means something else will form the 'nasty surprise' that will cause everything to collapse ( just like on WCI when Big Mom's screams destroyed the VX rockets in mid-air after all that effort, even destroying the picture)

I know you guys are ready for the war to begin already but I think we're probably going to have to wait for a while. I really do think we're about to get a few more chapters of flashback, but this time, on the side of the rocks pirates.

I realized that we actually know little to nothing about Kaido or his motivations. We don't know much about Kaido's relationship with Big Mom or why he owes her a lifelong debt. And we know absolutely nothing about Kaido's past.

I think Oda is probably going to give us the rocks pirate flashbacks right now instead of keeping them for during the war, which would kinda kill the action imo.

With how Oda has been coloring Wano so far Ill be expecting the M3 to be rockin magenta, turquoise, and peach or some shit

:josad:
I know right. Thougth those colorfull Times were just for WCI, but guess was wrong. Really wanted a darker tone for this arc but who cares as long as the Manga is black and white

I know you guys are ready for the war to begin already but I think we're probably going to have to wait for a while. I really do think we're about to get a few more chapters of flashback, but this time, on the side of the rocks pirates.

I realized that we actually know little to nothing about Kaido or his motivations. We don't know much about Kaido's relationship with Big Mom or why he owes her a lifelong debt. And we know absolutely nothing about Kaido's past.

I think Oda is probably going to give us the rocks pirate flashbacks right now instead of keeping them for during the war, which would kinda kill the action imo.
It would kill the action to give us that flashback right now though. Personally, I don't want anymore long, drawn out flashbacks this arc. Oden's was enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.