Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 975 : "Kinemon's Plan"

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
LAw is so trash idk why hes being so cocky. He just spams room over and over again and got destroyed by YC3 doflamingo 3 times in 1 arc and acts like hes gonna be a big impact in taking out kaido. He just beat hawkin who is veteran level and now is super cocky. Dudes straight up trash without his over powered devil fruit im sorry. He has no fighting abilities what so ever just spam that op shit
Salty lls, which one of ur favs is law out doing?
:pepemotion:

Btw. Kanjuro´s whole act about not feeling anything and wanting to die was completely bullshit, c´mon Oda.
He literally had the same reactions and facial expression as a cheap villain.
It's because the translation was bullshit. The actual translation clears this up.

Kanjuro never says that he lost his emotions, nor does Orochi.

Kanjuro only says that he lost his will to go on (as a normal person) and completely focused on perfectioning a role (as the red scabbard/traitor) instead.

He literally IS his role. That's what he's living for, he's an actor completely engulfed in his play/role.

That's why he becomes so mad when his plan fails. His ultimate goal was to dramatically reveal himself before the climax, just before the scabbard-boat gets crushed and his role is completed (basically the story of many good theatre plays). In his eyes that was the perfect ending to the movie/play where he starred in.
Now his entire plan and therefore his role and the movie/play ending that he anticipated were butchered.

Of course he's furious, it makes perfect sense. The one thing he lived for and he prepared for so long failed right before its completion.

It's because the translation was bullshit. The actual translation clears this up.

Kanjuro never says that he lost his emotions, nor does Orochi.

Kanjuro only says that he lost his will to go on (as a normal person) and completely focused on perfectioning a role (as the red scabbard/traitor) instead.

He literally IS his role. That's what he's living for, he's an actor completely engulfed in his play/role.

That's why he becomes so mad when his plan fails. His ultimate goal was to dramatically reveal himself before the climax, just before the scabbard-boat gets crushed and his role is completed (basically the story of many good theatre plays). In his eyes that was the perfect ending to the movie/play where he starred in.
Now his entire plan and therefore his role and the movie/play ending that he anticipated were butchered.

Of course he's furious, it makes perfect sense. The one thing he lived for and he prepared for so long failed right before its completion.
Wow that actually makes sense, didn´t know the official translation cleared that up, that´s on me

LAw is so trash idk why hes being so cocky. He just spams room over and over again and got destroyed by YC3 doflamingo 3 times in 1 arc and acts like hes gonna be a big impact in taking out kaido. He just beat hawkin who is veteran level and now is super cocky. Dudes straight up trash without his over powered devil fruit im sorry. He has no fighting abilities what so ever just spam that op shit

Funny how you think law remained how he was amd then think kid will add any value to the fight....

Just enjoy the story and stop complaining, if oda wants to make law cocky he will after all the 3 of them are all going to be vital in the deafeat of kaido, so deal with it or shut up

Well, for starters

Denjiro is again MVP of this chapter...that was an epic entrance of him....

Auction trio is showing off and this happened after they have heard about BigMom alliance....hopefully, they will consider this very serious and act accordingly....but nonetheless, they have good dynamic

After a long time, we are seeing SH conversations among themselves and whatever it is, they are always good slice of life moments but why Oda, make Robin relevant again....it is as if he has some kind of grudge against Robin........

Art is damn good.......Oda has really come very far in this aspect......

The usage of G4 is meant to show for either of three things...
I think we might be seeing another step, and why Gear 4 is the perfect weapon for Luffy's ability to make friends. When Nightmare Luffy gassed his crew took over the fight, Gear 4 works similarly and by last arc he was using Nami to run a marathon on Cracker. Now he has a fresh crew behind him and is going ham knowing they can cover his refractory period.

People should really just read the cupboard's translation over the imgur one... the latter's translation is just bad; the other makes more sense.. For instance, Law says "they are only good at losing" (srsly?...); but the other translation implies Law is as pissed off as the other captains, and only calls them slow, which makes sense.

That aside, amazing chapter!! Haven't had a blew-my-mind kind of chapter for a long time. Everything was great!! and I love what Oda did with Yasuie's plan.. totally didn't see that coming.. Denjiro is MVP of this chapter, and his entrance was awesome... And I'm dying to see Kidd's abilities more and more now.

10/10. (y)

Guys, Jinbe is not dead or captured. It would be extremely bad writing on Oda's part, especially after Luffy's whole "I am your .....
Jeez, stop labeling every single idea you dislike as "bad writing"... Honestly, I'm sick and tired of seeing that stupid term being abused like that by people ever since OJ.. It's an insult to the term "bad writing"..

:tchpepe:

Last edited:
Law is strong, he even faced Fuji and doflamingo in 2v1, his power is very dangerous for those who don't know him.

And without him Sanji would be DEAD.

People should really just read the cupboard's translation over the imgur one... the latter's translation is just bad; the other makes more sense.. For instance, Law says "they are only good at losing" (srsly?...); but the other translation implies Law is as pissed off as the other captains, and only calls them slow, which makes sense.
That is great and all, but the japanese text explicitely says that Law calls them losers. Cupboard's translation is wrong on that part.

The Kinemon Plan
Cover: Chiffon is Lola, as someone had already speculated. In the end, Lola finally appeared. So, she was on the Navy ship ... am I wrong, or is she also dressed as Chiffon?

So, I guess someone will have to go back to the Navy and retrieve it. Then, I imagine that the two sisters will want to say something and it is necessary to see what Lola's role will be now, if she will join the group for a little or leave again for her own reasons.

Let's start with Shinobu tied by the snakes maked by Kanjuro.

The latter is amazed at various things, including the presence of Luffy and Law there.

On enemy ships there are also smiles, among them we see a woman-butterfly and a man-gull too amusing.

Smiles inform our team about the alliance between Kaido and Big Mom.

Finally, we see the clash between Luffy, Kidd and Law and the enemies. But Luffy who uses the Boundman against such weak opponents, it seems to me too exaggerated, so, in the past, he had always used it for people like Top Commanders (Doflamingo and Sweet Commanders) or Kaido, a punch in Gear 3 would have been enough, even considering that the Boundman consuming a lot of energy (I guess Oda wanted to make him a little cool or it could be that the Boundman has become less expensive). Kidd's Punk Rotten would seem like a simple punch, but his metal one. While Law uses a simple Room, the "room" where the surgeon can operate.

Kyoshiro also appears on his ship. With surprise, he attacks the enemies, cutting all the cannons with his sword.

Kyoshiro becomes Denjiro, also making his hair like the latter, he reveals himself to us and joins them, with two hundred of his men. Knowing that Kyoshiro is Denjiro, the Nine are stunned.

Eventually we learn that Kinemon had made the wrong beach and the other members of the pirate-samurai-mink are alive and well. Denjiro was convinced that it was a real plan for Kinemon, that knowed the spy.

A cute cap. Although, from this last chapter, it would seem the most improbable thing on the planet, I think also that Denjiro, for some reason, will have a clash with Zoro.

Kanjuro I'm sorry he doesn't do nothing in this chapter, I guess he'll run away in the next. We will also see the other two enemy ships take them a little and maybe we could see, at the end of the chapter, the reaction of Kaido and Orochi to know of Kyoshiro's betrayal. The start of the mega-battle of Onigashima is now very close.

Rating: 1/2

Now I read cupboard's translation, I understand fully. amazing chapter, amazing comedy

Also, I am feeling the kid hype, if dude gonna go full magneto/hulk buster ironman then LETSGO
kid and law vs wig mom
So many charas growing on me this arc. Kidd is just pure badass and the trio is so amazing. That's how legends are born and I'm so hyped for the new things to come this arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.