Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 976 : "Allow Me To Introduce Myself"

Rate the Chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's comments like this that proves that this forum has many meatheads, Jinbe who is a fucking fish-men and one of the strongest most likely went into the ocean and quickly swam away. Big Mom and most of her subordinates are devil fruit users what the fuck did you thought they could do? Jump into the ocean and catch him? Also we don't know how he even escaped at least wait until we find out, him escaping is not even a surprise. If you want to downplay Big Mom at least wait and see if Germa escaped as well, because if they also escaped then I have no problem with the downplay even if I don't like it.
Didn't Oven with a single move nearly take out the entirety of the Fishman pirates ?
Didn't Big mom show top tier water manipulation by creating a tsunami homie?

Don't talk like they don't have the means to affect users in the water, you're just doing damage control. Big meme couldn't catch Jinbe, those are the facts.

If Fishman are so omnipotent Jinbe should've never had to stay behind and risk his life because his crew would be able to get out anyways, you thought about that before ?

Damage control

Loved the way Kid was ruthless in this panel

Continues not to give a shit about SH allies :myman:

Can't wait for him to take down Big Mom :steef:

By the way Killer's absence these latest chapters is very weird. Probably on another mission right now? :choppawhat:
Luffy/Law/Kidd vs Big Mom in Elbaf is a nice thought and makes sense since Oda would give enough time to the latter two to grow

Luffy/Zoro facing Kaido makes the most sense for me as of now

Avg for me, i would rate it pretty bad if not for Jinbei returning and bit comedy this chapter consists, especially Robin joke.

Since this stage, the entire alliance letting Kanjuro kidnap Momonosuke just feels like poor joke to me.
Oda n his cheap Plot, has no end to it.

Awful chapter. Best part is Jinbe but he alone can't save the chapter from being awful just like combined forces of Straw Hats, Hearts, Kidds, and Scrubbards can't save Momo from single Veteran level.

This is why Oda tends to offpanel the battles.
Because the moment he doesn't really offpanel it, this BS chapter happens. Or BS chapter where Weakling Trio embarassed Yonko Big Mom happened.

Genius move
You can't be inconsistent if the battle is offpanelled

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
Awful chapter. Best part is Jinbe but he alone can't save the chapter from being awful just like combined forces of Straw Hats, Hearts, Kidds, and Scrubbards can't save Momo from single Veteran level.

This is way Oda tends to offpanel the battles.
Because the moment he doesn't really offpanel it, this BS chapter happens. Or BS chapter where Weakling Trio embarassed Yonko Big Mom happened.

Genius move
You can't be inconsistent if the battle is offpanelled
Jinbei appearing makes the chapter even worse for me, since him being here makes Big Mom look really bad, and dehypes the Yonko once again

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
It totally got, but i won't look past the incompetence of the Meme, not after all the talking.

Since the reveal that something happened to Sabo I've been saying that it's ridiculous to assume something bad happened to him or jinbe, but some members insisted on trolling, so they won't receive any mercy now.
I’d say it should be common knowledge that Sabo is going to be fine lol. We should be accustomed to major plot points having absolutely no significance outside of flashbacks at this point lol.

Jinbei appearing makes the chapter even worse for me, since him being here makes Big Mom look really bad, and dehypes the Yonko once again
It hasn't dehyped anything to me given how often the Straw Hats allies have escaped from doom unharmed before such as Pell surviving the bomb, Igaram returning in Alabasta arc, Pagaya not being killed by Enel's lightning, all the Straw Hats' allies at Enies Lobby escaping the Buster Call in a BS way, every supernova escaping capture at Saobody despite Kizaru or Mr2 surviving Magellan.

G

Gran D. Master

Man Zoro was even more useless and irrelevant this chapter than Robin, which is quite a feat. Is he acting like background character so he doesn't grab Denjiro's attention?

Also was Sanji wearing a "modified" raid suit this chapter or was he blocking those arrows with CoA? If it was Sanji's haki, then the swordbois have some explaining to do.

:shame:

Jinbe finally is back
Also.... Oda.... You can actually do better than this
first half of the chapter is basically "GARBAGE" to be honest...

The only good part was Jinbe entrance
Other than that... the chapter was bad... horrific...

The alliance looked so fucking incompetent.... also... Luffy/Kidd/Law are supposed to be competing by destroying the ships... so they all destroyed one... and they left the third??? and got back???

What kind of stupid logic is that... Luffy/Kidd/Law looked like absolute amateurs in this chapter!

I get that this last ship was for Jibe entrance... but still.... the alliance are in GREAT NUMBER

then we have a ship of fodders... and then we waste time on "ohhh Nooo... the boats are fucked... we need to fix shit up on the shore first"

It's just stalling after stalling after stalling after stalling... what the fuck!

Please don't tell me that next chapter we will have Franky and usopp fixing the ships that were damaged.... cause that will be stupid as FUCK....
It's like last chapter "finally... next chapter is them reaching Onigashima and starting the war.... into oh... the war still has to wait more"

Chapter was pretty interesting.

1.) Jinbe~!
Jinbe's entrance was super dope. The way he casually sunk a ship with a flick of his wrist was beast. Just goes to show how powerful he is around water and I really hope Oda utilizes that element in his climax fighg on Onigashima. Also, the way he introduced himself to the alliance as the SHs helmsman was awesome and Kid and Law's reactions to him joining just made it better. A lot of mystery surrounding Jinbe atm with regards to the events that happened right after the SHs escaped and why he looks unscathed but I'm sure we'll get details on that in a few chapters or so when he encounters the Big Mom pirates. I'd wager he's had most of his lifespan taken from him, but we'll see.

Also it's pretty interesting that Oda had Jinbe join the SHs at the time he did, and I think Oda left some subtle hints as to why he might have had Jinbe join now in this chapter, which I think are:
I.) Kanjuro telling the alliance that they won't be a match for the Beast Pirates much less even be able to touch down on the Island.
I extremely doubt that it was because he thought that one battleship will be able to stop them. So I can only think the alliance will encounter some sort of obstacle once they get to Onigashima and I think Oda introducing Jinbe here could be coz of that. For example. Maybe Kanjuro used his DF to make Onigashima a fortress akin to the island of Wano, by painting whirlpools and stuff in which case. Jinbe's helmsman skills will be invaluable for the alliance to touch down on Onigashima.

II.) The Beast Pirates flexing their military might with top grade weapons that can only be made on Wano.
If those ships have dangerous long range cannons like that, couldn't Onigashima also be fortified with them as well or better yet, even more dangerous weapons? So again I think Jinbe helmsman skills might play a very important role with regards to the SHs scaling this kind of obstacle, if it's indeed waiting for the SHs and the alliance on Onigashima.

Also, just as an addition on to the above, if there is indeed obstacles like the above waiting for the alliance on Onigashima, it could end up splitting up the alliance forces. For example, I reckon Law's ship will be relatively safe, so Law might push on ahead of the others. It's pretty interesting that all the scabbards are docked on his ship lolz...So I can see Law and the SHs going on ahead whilst the SHs make a late entrance into Onigashima and with this the death foreshadowing @Nvax speculated about could happen. I won't put my money on it tho lolz.

2.) Motherfucking Kanjuro~!
MVP of this chapter I think has to go to Kanjuro who has very quickly grown to be one of my favorite characters. His DF ability is just so interesting and also pretty OP as well. The man can literally draw anything in seconds. Very beautiful/elegant drawings to boot~! Gotta say the swan he drew was fcking magnificent! :steef:. And that's not all he's capable of, he's strong enough to be able to hold his own against Kawamatsu in CQC, the same Kawamatsu that a lot of folks on here regard as one of the the strongest scabbards, all the whilst bearing the disadvantage of having to secure Momo as well. The man also has complete control over his hair. Kinda like Kumadori was it? in Cp9. Seimei Kikan was it? Plus that technique he used to solo the alliance ships was beast!!! "Ink Cloud - Illustration of evening showers of the fleeting world":finally: or sumin like that. Those Ink arrows were destructive asf!!!. Honestly prior to this chapter I matched Kanjuro against Kin for Onigashima but I don't think Kin stands a chance against him to be perfectly honest. Could be that a few of the scabbards tag team to take him down or maybe Zoro fights him considering he seems to be going after Hiyori now. Also looking forward to seeing more of his beautiful/powerful illustrations in the future.

3.) Sanji~!
Shout out to my boy Sanji real quick :p The man tanked Kanjuro's destructive arrows without taking any damage akin to how his brothers tanked bullets on WCI actually, so Oda might be foreshadowing Sanji's exoskeleton here. I find it especially odd coz he put emphasis on how powerful those were by showing it destroy cargos (a freaking arrow did lolz) and hurt a few of the Samurai. The way the man gives his all for Nami is fcking adorable lolz and his expression was also pretty hilarious🤣

Lastly, almost forgot Momonosuke. It's very easy to forget that this boy is just 8 years old and has gone through some pretty dark shit in a pretty short time. That said, he's also grown a tremendous amount in that time so much so that he's now able to give a speech that is able to motivate a whole army which is pretty dope. He might not be as powerless as he thinks he is and I'm honestly looking forward to seeing the great things he'd be doing this arc ^^.

It's comments like this that proves that this forum has many meatheads, Jinbe who is a fucking fish-men and one of the strongest most likely went into the ocean and quickly swam away.
What are you talking about?

Jinbe and the Sun pirates had to fight against the BMP to save Luffy and Co. How would it look like if Jinbe suddenly just escapes the battlefield to save his own ass?
He may be one of the strongest when it comes about the ocean but there was still a huge army of competent fighters aiming for him - including someone who boiled the sea in a blink of a second...

Before you tend to use silly insults towards me, I'd greatly advice you to re-read the manga again.

Big Mom and most of her subordinates are devil fruit users what the fuck did you thought they could do?
One of them can boil the ocean? And Big Mom could create tsunami homies as well?
It's not like they doesn't have the ability to fight against the fishmen on sea.

Also we don't know how he even escaped at least wait until we find out, him escaping is not even a surprise.
Once again, escaping from a situation like that was almost impossible for Jinbe since he prevented Big Mom to chase after Luffy for a while.

How he came back with seemingly no injuries (?) is still a question but if he just got away with no consequences, this further proves Big Mom's incompetence - one of my biggest criteria about her character, doesn't change my view about Big Mom.

If you want to downplay Big Mom at least wait and see if Germa escaped as well, because if they also escaped then I have no problem with the downplay even if I don't like it.
Nothing to do with me apparently downplaying Big Mom.
I'm just criticising Big Mom's competence, calm the fuck down.

And yes, if they were actually captured but some Big Mom Pirates, for example Katakuri, decided to free Jinbe, this wouldn't be bad but as for now, I keep my hopes very low when it comes about Big Mom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man Zoro was even more useless and irrelevant this chapter than Robin, which is quite a feat. Is he acting like background character so he doesn't grab Denjiro's attention?

Also was Sanji wearing a "modified" raid suit this chapter or was he blocking those arrows with CoA? If it was Sanji's haki, then the swordbois have some explaining to do.

:shame:
Sanji was Nami's shield... as always LOL...

By the way... even though I liked Kanjuro doing some good scenes and abilities... the sequence of the event of how he escaped and took momo... in the presence of all the freaking alliance... is just poorly written...
We fucking know he's going down by one of the scabbard... ONLY ONE of them... not even tag team... yet somehow... with those moves... he was able to escape from all the freaking alliance???
what the fuck!

Again... I don't mind it if he escaped and took Momo... just make it fucking believable... and not by making the whole alliance look like amateurs... that's just bad

Jinbe finally is back
Also.... Oda.... You can actually do better than this
first half of the chapter is basically "GARBAGE" to be honest...

The only good part was Jinbe entrance
Other than that... the chapter was bad... horrific...

The alliance looked so fucking incompetent.... also... Luffy/Kidd/Law are supposed to be competing by destroying the ships... so they all destroyed one... and they left the third??? and got back???

What kind of stupid logic is that... Luffy/Kidd/Law looked like absolute amateurs in this chapter!

I get that this last ship was for Jibe entrance... but still.... the alliance are in GREAT NUMBER

then we have a ship of fodders... and then we waste time on "ohhh Nooo... the boats are fucked... we need to fix shit up on the shore first"

It's just stalling after stalling after stalling after stalling... what the fuck!

Please don't tell me that next chapter we will have Franky and usopp fixing the ships that were damaged.... cause that will be stupid as FUCK....
It's like last chapter "finally... next chapter is them reaching Onigashima and starting the war.... into oh... the war still has to wait more"
Yes the way the Straw Hats and their allies were so incompetent against Kanjuro and the Beast Pirates was really BS but at least it's the Straw Hats and their allies who suffer from plot induced stupidity, when it's the antagonists who suffer from it everyone pretend that it's how competent they are all the time and bash them.

Status
Not open for further replies.