Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 976 : "Allow Me To Introduce Myself"

Rate the Chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not? This is what's called foreshadowing. Kinemon saying his luck has run out and the other scabbards saying if he dies they will all die. Oda even said the ending will be shocking. This is a war, it's been to keep an open mind.
In your opinion that’s what Oda was referring to? The shocking thing is the death of scabbards! We ain’t gonna have more than two chapters about how sad that is them SHs amd the fandom will forget about their existence... it’s obviously something more than that...

How many times have Jinbei said he will die doing this or that? Did he die! No so let’s not talk about the characters are willing to do for a cause and what actually will/can happen.

S

Shura

First, that PIS is really pissed me off.....there are many fighters from alliance side that could fly to the sky and rescue momo who is their general and because of this incompetence I want to rate this chapter "poor" but few things made this chapter above average for me

1) The development of Momo character

As we know he is coward from the moment he got introduced and never had "shogun" kind of vibe till now.....even now when he had a chance to jump off from Kinemon back he was too scared to jump because of his issue with heights.....however, he had man up (even though a little bit) and calmed down his soldiers as a general....not to mention his interaction with Luffy was good.....it seems Luffy didn't seem to be worried about the capture of Momo....and at the same time he saw through Momo....

On second thought, I want Momo to get out of himself from this danger instead of someone rescuing him....that would be great deal for his development....probably that is why Oda went through this route (though I am still pissed).

2) The interactions among SH....

It is always good to see the SH together and talk about even an unimportant stuff.....

3) Kanjuro is not a push over.....

PIS aside, Kanjuro has proven that he ain't a pushover and knows how to use his DF very well...you gotta have to give some credit to him....he is probably a low veteran level and with his mind set could be even mid level...I thought he may even know how to use haki .....at this point Oda can make him as much strong as he wants. Either way looking forward to his future role and fights.

4) Naval battle and Jimbei "the boss" appearance

Beast pirates may be fodders (??) but they have good weaponry and battle ships...I wish we could see some naval battle with some significant character present in the ships but okay...as long as fodder knows how to use weaponry

Jimbei appeared after a ling time....it is always good to see...the one with experience of new world....he could be good asset to SHP....he is so strong that even Kidd and Law surprised that he is joining SH......since Jimbei is joining SHP, he is going to have mini heart attacks once in a while because of Luffy (or maybe not ...Luffy actually listens to him....lol). To the people who are bashing Oda reagrding Jimbei, at least wait until Jimbei explains that issue and then bash "how lame it is...blah blah".....

Overall my rating: 3.25/5

Lmfao Kidd and Law must be salty that they have shit crews compared to the straw hats, just wait till Kidd sees the grand fleet.

After Wano, Kidd is gonna learn a couple of new things about Luffy that he didn't know about when he was locked up in Wano. Like the fifth emperor and his new bounty.

:luffylaugh:
And worse after Luffy got his own fleet just before Law's eyes and managed to do the things he did at WCI, lol.
I always thought that Law had to be salty after Dressrosa where 5k+ people pretty much begged Luffy to be their leader but not one guy asked to join Law.

In your opinion that’s what Oda was referring to? The shocking thing is the death of scabbards! We ain’t gonna have more than two chapters about how sad that is them SHs amd the fandom will forget about their existence... it’s obviously something more than that...

How many times have Jinbei said he will die doing this or that? Did he die! No so let’s not talk about the characters are willing to do for a cause and what actually will/can happen.

You just seem bitter. I dont recall Jinbe saying he will die doing anything....

S

Shura

lol captains giving "order" and Kidd is not giving a fuck about other ships is treat to watch....

also beast pirate fodders are clever and intelligent and they know how to use their arsenal...props for them.....even though they go down atleast they put some effort

Status
Not open for further replies.