Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 976 : "Allow Me To Introduce Myself"

Rate the Chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure Law's stealing the raid suit before he betrays Luffy. He knew too much about it to not want one for himself.
I'm pretty sure the Raid Suit is only activated by Sanji's own DNA/Genetic configuration
So... that's not happening...

you guys need to face it... Law and Kid need to become ALLIES and Tag Team against the SHs in order to be a close match up and STILL would lose
maybe they should add Hawkins on top of it to make it fair and equal

Bogard

You can't win
Kanjuro can clash with Kawamatsu a little with a single arm(holding Momo with the other)

Though it was just a short clash with Kawamatsu also a little restricted with Kanjuro having Momo as hostage

Could also fend off an army with attacks Kinemon once again said he was unaware of(so was hiding his strength)

Could be interesting to see his max potential, but he should be vet level miminum and i feel he'd be Kinemon's fight, so will probably not end up far off his ballpark

Meh chapter. Kanjuro escaping with Momonosuke is simply way too contrived. I don't believe that NO character could do something.
I actually like Jinbe, but even his arrival all fine at the end didn't convince me. What was even the point of WCI ending if he's not even going to get some big wound? Best thing out of the chapter was the colorspread, Robin's joke and Sanji's face

Kanjuro can clash with Kawamatsu a little with a single arm(holding Momo with the other)

Though it was just a short clash with Kawamatsu also a little restricted with Kanjuro having Momo as hostage

Could also fend off an army with attacks Kinemon once again said he was unaware of(so was hiding his strength)

Could be interesting to see his max potential, but he should be vet level miminum and i feel he'd be Kinemon's fight, so will probably not end up far off his ballpark
like I said, dude just need a new hairut, he well be aizen in this verse lol

Meh chapter. Kanjuro escaping with Momonosuke is simply way too contrived. I don't believe that NO character could do something.
I actually like Jinbe, but even his arrival all fine at the end didn't convince me. What was even the point of WCI ending if he's not even going to get some big wound? Best thing out of the chapter was the colorspread, Robin's joke and Sanji's face
Save his crew from death before leaving them... duh!

Jinbe appearing was cool and all, but seeing Kanjuro in action was even better. Holding his brush with one hand to block Kawamatsu's attack while holding Momo in his other hand, and using his hair to draw a cloud that can shoot arrows which even injured some of the Samurais and also damaged some of the ships.

Kanjuro is so far looking really good.:cheers:

I am not too surprised that Kanjuro managed to block Kawamatsu, I would have been far more surprised if he did that with Ashura or Inuarashi or Denjiro. After all Kawamatsu was in prison for a long time and was eating poison fish so he couldn't have become as strong as his comrades.

I think some people still looking too much at powerlevels.

Kanjuro has an ability in which he can make his drawings into reality, he can create whatever he wants. Suddenly he just created huge clouds with arrows, each of them destroying these ships.

Kanjuro's ability shouldn't be underestimated - even if PIS still happened but it doesn't mean, Kanjuro's abilities are complete fodder to them.
Cmon, Luffy could traverse a huge part of a city in an instant in Dressrosa, you think he could not have blitzed Kanjuro here?
I understand Momo needs to be captured for his development but execution could have been better.

What the fuck you guys are on about ? Jinbe of course didn't have a scratch on him ,as it was supposed to be.BM even if she wanted couldn't do shit to the fishmen . The PIS was the fact that the fishmen stayed behind and Jinbe wasn't already with the SH from chapter 902. They could have escaped whenever they wanted ..

They can change the currents but decided to stay behind ,as if they couldn't stop the bmp ships completely on their tracks...
_________

Concerning the chapter ,it certainly leaves a bad taste how Oda went with some things.
Luffy using G4 for fodders but not for momonosuke ?Really? Honestly this wouldn't have been a problem for me if Luffy didn't use so casually G4 in the previous chapter with no visible drawbacks.
Robin yet again shitting on her ass? Many times has used her powers for things like this but sure ,let's keep her as a background character like in the rest of the TS and only reading one or two poneglyphs here or there..
And of course Sanji who went to save momonosuke, but instead in the end decided to think with his dick and tried to save Nami,as is she was in any danger .

The only good things of the chapter were Kanjuro and the vibes of his,along with Jinbe and the morbid joke of Robin..

Honestly I don't like nitpicking stuff ,but Oda sure likes to do things so shitty to advance the plot in a certain way . The PIS is too much sometimes.
The PIS has reached new levels since WCI .

What the fuck you guys are on about ? Jinbe of course didn't have a scratch on him ,as it was supposed to be.BM even if she wanted couldn't do shit to the fishmen . The PIS was the fact that the fishmen stayed behind and Jinbe wasn't already with the SH from chapter 902. They could have escaped whenever they wanted ..

They can change the currents but decided to stay behind ,as if they couldn't stop the bmp ships completely on their tracks...
_________

Concerning the chapter ,it certainly leaves a bad taste how Oda went with some things.
Luffy using G4 for fodders but not for momonosuke ?Really? Honestly this wouldn't have been a problem for me if Luffy didn't use so casually G4 in the previous chapter with no visible drawbacks.
Robin yet again shitting on her ass? Many times has used her powers for things like this but sure ,let's keep her as a background character like in the rest of the TS and only reading one or two poneglyphs here or there..
And of course Sanji who went to save momonosuke, but instead in the end decided to think with his dick and tried to save Nami,as is she was in any danger .

The only good things of the chapter were Kanjuro and the vibes of his,along with Jinbe and the morbid joke of Robin..

Honestly I don't like nitpicking stuff ,but Oda sure likes to do things so shitty to advance the plot in a certain way . The PIS is too much sometimes.
The PIS has reached new levels since WCI .
Some Of This Is Hard To disagree

The opening scene is unsettling. Between the Kikuchiyo name and resemblance, the Andre the Giant resemblance, Kawamatsu's life arc, Sulong, their collective loyalty, and the currently existing headstones, I already felt like death was upon them. Maybe some would survive to care for Wano as Momo grows and this is OP anyway... but it's weird.

Overdramatic for no consequences
No consequences is the lamest excuse with all respect when you use it for One Piece show
Which basically has NO consequences at all from episode 1 of Luffy hiding inside a barrel in the middle of stormy sea LOL

You guys forget that this is One Piece.... which rarely has anyone dying... and when someone dies... Oda at the end of the arc makes the character appears alive LMAO

Let me tell you the format of someone dying on this show... when a character dies... which is RARE AS FUCK
The way it happens is NEVER OFF-SCREEN

and also Oda makes sure that someone of importance is WATCHING to increase the intensity of the drama...

meaning.. if Oda will kill of Jinbe... he will make sure that it is ON SCREEN.. and will make sure that Luffy is PRESENT to witness it... to create the drama you guys ask for...

And if he's going to kill of Jinbe's crew... to let Jinbe escape... he would have let Jinbe escape with the SHs and continue with them while us and Jinbe leaving them behind for their DEATH as a part to create that drama for Jinbe... ON SCREEN... never off-screen

Not when the death is of importance to a significant character like a member of the SHs...

Even Pedro's death Oda made sure it happened infront of the eyes of the SHs and Carrot as an example

To make sure that those main characters Weep for him... and have that drama scene and grudge towards Perospero by Carrot...

Luffy and Ace and his grudge towards Akainu

Marco witnessed WB death by BB

Those impactful death... Oda makes sure they happen on screen in front of those significant characters for the drama intensity

Not off-screen... without the important characters with special bond seeing it with their own eyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.