Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 976 : "Allow Me To Introduce Myself"

Rate the Chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently his entire crew. Like...where are those guys?
If you payed attention to Jinbe's panels
you would recognize that Jinbe is coming with his "bag" and "belongings" in one of the panels

It's in the same page as the "Allow me to introduce myself" panel... on his back... it looks like his bag...

Which means that he came alone... not with his crew on a big ship

Which means they could have easily separated and they went their own way to Fishmen island because it was already said before that Jinbe is scared for Fishmen island safety... so he wants them to head there...
So there is no reason for them to show up here... tey are not joining the crew anyway... it's Jinbe who's joining

When was it stated that Shinobu's DF doesn't work on people though?

It hasn't you are right, but then doesn't entirely step on Bonney's fruit?

I would have loved it if Hiyori was a legitimate kunoichi with a sadder past than they gave her, but it doesn't look like that is the case.

Honestly, as much as I hate to say it rn, Carrot has a few things going for her:

- Pedro's death and dream was for Carrot to specifically carry on that dream: Leading Luffy to Dawn. Admittedly, this could just be her leading the Nox pirates as part of the fleet.

- Possible revenge against Perospero. If this happens, to me it helps support the above.

- The amount of focus she got during WCI's climax. Not to mention, she's heavily featured on Volume 88 just like Jinbe (She's on the spine with Jinbe too) and every other Strawhat Crew Member; the other characters on the cover are yellowed out (Chiffon/Pudding/Bege).

- Unique, nimble fighting style. Yes, Electro is a common element between some Minks, but if none of their Sulong's are like her's, then we truly have a unique style where she can manipulate how she moves midair.

- Her constantly being shown on the perch/as a lookout.

- Her unique female personality. No other female character is as curious, combat and adventure ready as she is.

This is not me advocating for her. I really don't care if she joins or not, but she has had the highest chance of joining out of any character in the timeskip. She has clear tells no other character has and this is something no one can deny.

I WILL say that if she does not receive enough focus in Wano (probably within the next 20-30 chapters), then I think thats probably it for her.

Last edited:
Let's start with a nice cover image of Shonen Jump: Luffy drinking with Gold Roger and Oden (Luffy drink?!).

Then, we have a color cover very classic with tontatta.

The Nine know very well Kinemon very, so, we see Raizo and Kawamatsu hit him with punches "we know you too much!".

We see also Kinemon encouraging the Army.

Kawamatsu tries to take Kanjuro, but fails, and we see a clash between the two. Kanjuro have also Momonosuke.

As imaginable, he creates a volatile being and climbs on it. I, however, would have expected something better as a bird, maybe a dragon. The fact that Kanjuro created a simple bird could be explained by the fact that he wanted to hurry; if he had had more time, perhaps, he could also have created a real dragon, similar to Kaido.

Sanji and Robin try to block him, but they can't, because the bastard uses a new powerful technique. I didn't understand the technique well, I only understood that he uses the ink to color a new cloud of black, from which a many blades starts to rain, on the entire army, including Sanji.

So Kanjuro fly away. Meanwhile, Momo understands that he must behave like a man on this occasion.

While, Kaido's warships have moved away and have started shooting with their super cannons, also destroying various boats (we have not even started the big war and the Army has already lost ships, congratulations!). Arms factories are very good. Considering this, these ships would seem even more powerful than the Navy warships and few could be enough to make real Buster Calls.

We are a very short naval battle.

At some point, one of these ships is punctured by something: Jinbe is back.

Tthe fish is also presented to us, directly, as helmsman of the Straw Hat crew.

In the next chapter, I imagine we will see a mini-flashback of how he saved himself from Big Mom. Perhaps, Oda will also show us the Vinsmoke, apart from the other fishmen, including Wadatsumi and Aladin.

In the next few chapters, perhaps, we could see the arrival of some other ally.

Rating: 1.5 / 2

Regarding momo, we've seen him multiple times saying and thinking he is not like his father, he doesn't have his strength, but still trying to act as a leader.

And luffy is pushing him to embrace this role too. So I think there is a slight chance that momonosuke will unlock his CoC in a desperate situation during the raid showing that he really has what it takes to be a leader.

On her wiki page it says it only works on inanimate objects. But I don't know.
Brah... they are wrong
It never was stated on manga panels... I even went back now and checked the scenes in which her abilties were involved...

And also that is the only panel that explains her powers

Also... I will even extend my analysis even more and say that the REAL REASON that Shinobu turned from being that sexy youthful looking woman into an old looking mature person is that "she can't control her DF ability" in a good way yet... so she matured a WHOLE LOT MORE than what she normally should... I think Oda will use that DF for two things in this arc:

1- To allow Momonosuke to have BIG PART in this war... since he's Oden's heir... Oden the god damn legend.. and a small kid is not going to have big role.. but making him adult will prove worthy... At least he'll have some muscles to back up his skills..and DF

2- Oda somehow... someway... he will manage to make Shinobu CANCEL the affect of her DF on herself... because DF can do the affect... and can also in some case cancel the affect... so she will cancel the affect on herself... and she will get back to her "sexy young self" at one point...

I'm a Sanji fan... but why are you assuming he did use CoA?
Maybe his body is too sturdy on its own that he can cover Nami without using it...
maybe he got some minor injuries during the cover...
And maybe he did use CoA as you said

But it's not confirmed to be done here.. I feel people are talking about it as if it's a fact here
You can literally see his neck is black when he is covering Nami and I'm not even a a Sanji fan...

N

NeutralWatcher

Decent chapter.

Kanjuro proved to be a formidable fighter. Blocking Kawamatsu one of the strongest scabbard with his single hand while holding Momo with his other hand. His df also seems OP. Turns out he can draw well and pretended to be a bad drawer to avoid suspicion.

Kanjuro also plans to kill Hiyori now that he knows her location but who will protect Hiyori. Maybe Nekomamushi will come and protect Hiyori and maybe Gyukimaru will sacrifice his life to protect Hiyori but given the difference of strength between Gyukimaru and Kanjuro I doubt Gyukimaru can stop Kanjuro.

Also Luffy trusted Momo to survive on his own is not a good move. He could have sent someone to save Momo. It's understandable with his crewmates since he has been with them from East Blue to New World but Momo is still just a child without any noticeable feat.

Luffy could have stretched his arm, used G4 to save Momo. Robin could have used her hax df, Usopp could have used his sniping skill and shot Kanjuro but Kanjuro still flee for plot reason. Luffy just stood there without doing anything.

And lol for those who thought Sanji got owned by cloud. Sanji went to protect Nami and Robin on his own. Not because Kinemon told him to comeback. Tbf Robin didn't need Sanji protection. She could have used her df to protect her and Nami and what did Zoro and Franky do? Why didn't they protect Nami and Robin so Sanji could use his Skywalk to chase Kanjuro?

Kidd and Law got a shit on this chapter. Maybe they will not compete with Luffy until EOS. What's the point of having them portrayed close with Luffy for 2 last chapters if they get shit on this chapter? Luffy will do most of the work while Kidd and Law do the support in fighting Kaido, hopefully not.

Seeing Jinbei returned after Big Mom arrived in Wano suggests that Jinbei was imprisoned and he was freed by either Germa or other parties. But imprisoning Jinbei after Jinbei clearly showed his bertrayal to BM doesn't make sense. BM also couldn't use her df on Jinbei since Jinbei wasn't afraid of BM. Maybe Jinbei escaped from BM Pirates through sea since most of BM Pirates are df users and sea is Jinbei's biggest advantage where he could use his full potential.

Ngl though if any Wano character were to join, I'd love it to be Kanjuro if he finds redemption during this war. Apparently he has a very different appearance according to Orochi (we may have not seen his true form) due to his devil fruit or something else.

Primarily because, that devil fruit is amazing and has so much potential for awesome content, but I feel like we'd be heading into Robin territory there so maybe not.

You can literally see his neck is black when he is covering Nami and I'm not even a a Sanji fan...
I didn't pay attention to that neck LOL
But really
Is Oda only making Sanji use armament when the panel is NOT CLEAR at all?
what the fuck

Against Daifuku the panel is SOOO ZOOMED OUT
And this one is in his neck which his clothes is cover MOST OF IT

While in Raid Suit when his shoe is white... or when he was wearing the groom clothes ALMOST ALL OF WCI arc... and Oda couldn't careless about showing a single clear panel of it

Is he just planting these small unclear detail as a way to make the big panel during the War???? cause that's really unnecessary honestly... or does he intend to make the first clear panel is while him combining it with Diable jambe?? maybe black flames hype??

I don't see the reason behind Oda only showing unclear panels of them Sanji's CoA... makes no sense other than delaying the main big panel for an important power showcase later
:kayneshrug:

Kanjuro also plans to kill Hiyori now that he knows her location but who will protect Hiyori. Maybe Nekomamushi will come and protect Hiyori and maybe Gyukimaru will sacrifice his life to protect Hiyori but given the difference of strength between Gyukimaru and Kanjuro I doubt Gyukimaru can stop Kanjuro.
This reminded me that Nekomamushi isn't aware of Kanjuro's true identity. I hope this is used as a plot point for the incoming events.

It hasn't you are right, but then doesn't entirely step on Bonney's fruit?

I would have loved it if Hiyori was a legitimate kunoichi with a sadder past than they gave her, but it doesn't look like that is the case.

Honestly, as much as I hate to say it rn, Carrot has a few things going for her:

- Pedro's death and dream was for Carrot to specifically carry on that dream: Leading Luffy to Dawn. Admittedly, this could just be her leading the Nox pirates as part of the fleet.

- Possible revenge against Perospero. If this happens, to me it helps support the above.

- The amount of focus she got during WCI's climax. Not to mention, she's heavily featured on Volume 88 just like Jinbe (She's on the spine with Jinbe too) and every other Strawhat Crew Member; the other characters on the cover are yellowed out (Chiffon/Pudding/Bege).

- Unique, nimble fighting style. Yes, Electro is a common element between some Minks, but if none of their Sulong's are like her's, then we truly have a unique style where she can manipulate how she moves midair.

- Her constantly being shown on the perch/as a lookout.

- Her unique female personality. No other female character is as curious, combat and adventure ready as she is.

This is not me advocating for her. I really don't care if she joins or not, but she has had the highest chance of joining out of any character in the timeskip. She has clear tells no other character has and this is something no one can deny.

I WILL say that if she does not receive enough focus in Wano (probably within the next 20-30 chapters), then I think thats probably it for her.
Some DF have some similar affect

I would say that just like there are DF that has "superior/inferior" relationship
Like Akainu/Ace DF
Daz Bones/Baby 5 DF
Machvice Ton Ton DF and Kilo Kilo DF from Miss Wednesday in Barook Works

Shinobu and Boney also have that "superior/inferior" DF relationship

Bonney naturally will be the superior considering she's more important as "supernova" I would persume

Also... I will even extend my analysis even more and say that the REAL REASON that Shinobu turned from being that sexy youthful looking woman into an old looking mature person is that "she can't control her DF ability" in a good way yet
So she can't control her devil fruit in a good way for over 20 years? In chapter 920,kinemon was already aware of shinobu's DF abilty so she had to have it before toki time-travelled the scabbards.
Isn't that just her maturing badly due to the bad conditions she was in for the last 20 years? We saw people aging in weird ways so it could just be that.

I don't see the reason behind Oda only showing unclear panels of them Sanji's CoA... makes no sense other than delaying the main big panel for an important power showcase later
For people to discuss it, maybe. I'm pretty confident that Oda loves to leave small details, ambiguities, etc. just as baits for readers to theorize, debate and ultimately increase his work's influx.

Some DF have some similar affect

I would say that just like there are DF that has "superior/inferior" relationship
Like Akainu/Ace DF
Daz Bones/Baby 5 DF
Machvice Ton Ton DF and Kilo Kilo DF from Miss Wednesday in Barook Works

Shinobu and Boney also have that "superior/inferior" DF relationship

Bonney naturally will be the superior considering she's more important as "supernova" I would persume
True, well I honestly like the Momo idea and I'd love it if Momo became like Oden. Would he be willing to sacrifice part of his childhood for it? Not sure what his fighting style would even be, save for his Dragon Zoan.

Status
Not open for further replies.