Spoiler One Piece Chapter 978 Spoilers Discussion

Best Supernova?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Denial people everywhere.

Do you honestly think Fairy Tail would step as low as:
1. Having 4 months long flashback, featuring a naive clown. Only to have a very rushed climacs?
Oden vs Kaido and Scabbards vs Beasts was so rushed. Even Oden vs Boar had more panels than Oden vs Kaido!!!
2. Still in same flashback, let's introduce a character with important knowledge from Void Century, the main plot.
Also Oda: but don't let her reveal anything and have her as background character

And when Oden finally teased something about Void Century, that important character herself, who everyone hoped would reveal secret about Void Century, instead did the opposite, by stfu-ing Oden about the topic.
With lame ass excuse "no dinner for you!!!"

3. Anyone can actually explain how Kanjuro escaped, after being revealed as traitor, while also bringing important hostage Momo?
While there are characters like speedy Luffy and Sanji, hax Law and Robin, other Worst Gens like Kidd, Killer, Zoro. Long ranged Sugar slayer sniper Usopp. Etc

Sure Sanji tried to save him, yet suddenly usual damsel is being damsel again. Too bad, our cunning thief is now also been reduced into Miss Damsel, and add some fanservice as bonus

1. Having 4 months long flashback, featuring a naive clown. Only to have a very rushed climacs?
Oden vs Kaido and Scabbards vs Beasts was so rushed. Even Oden vs Boar had more panels than Oden vs Kaido!!!
2. Still in same flashback, let's introduce a character with important knowledge from Void Century, the main plot.
Also Oda: but don't let her reveal anything and have her as background character

And when Oden finally teased something about Void Century, that important character herself, who everyone hoped would reveal secret about Void Century, instead did the opposite, by stfu-ing Oden about the topic.

3. Anyone can actually explain how Kanjuro escaped, after being revealed as traitor, while also bringing important hostage Momo?
While there are characters like speedy Luffy and Sanji, hax Law and Robin, other Worst Gens like Kidd, Killer, Zoro. Long ranged Sugar slayer sniper Usopp. Etc

Sure Sanji tried to save him, yet suddenly usual damsel is being damsel again. Too bad, our cunning thief is now also been reduced into Miss Damsel, and add some fanservice as bonus
Fairy tail doesnt even have that level of complexion for you to be able to complain about it on that level lmao.

Your whole argument is based in how people didn't perform feats you wanted to see XDD.

You also spelled climax wrong. Try better with deez nuts next time homie

I am NOT gonna get into a series debate with you, especially one that involes Fairy Tail :suresure:

You can have your own opinion on One Piece, but do we really need to bring in Hiro Mashima's work into this?
Trust me I am a long term One Piece fan and was never a fairy tail but from literature quality stand point, One Piece has fall so low, it makes manga as bad as Fairy Tail look good in comparison

Been saying it for a while Usopp should fight Orochi I'd be hilarious
Now that you mention it I stopped to think ...

Usopp is the perfect character for defeating Orochi and destroying the dictatorial tyranny of wano. And the population of Wano sees him as ''God'' and he continues on his journey as a brave sea warrior collecting statues and leaving a legacy wherever he goes ... That would fit perfectly with Usopp.
But I personally wanted to see Usopp face a more powerful enemy :few:

Last edited:
Trust me I am a long term One Piece fan and was never a fairy tail but from literature quality stand point, One Piece has fall so low, it makes manga as bad as Fairy Tail look good in comparison
This is trolling right? it has to be Dressrosa, Zou, Whole Cake and Wano have all been great arcs.

Meanwhile the last great arc in Fairy Tail was Tartarus, the second time skip was an awful decision, the avatar arc was stupid, the entire plot of it was scrapped and crammed together to make Gray be undercover instead of falling to the dark side like what Mashima originally planned cause his editors, wanted to rush to Alvarez, the whole rebuilding fairy tail was suppsoed to be a lot longer than what we got, then when we get to Alvarez, the final fights with Zeref and Acnologia are two of the biggest let downs i've ever read when it comes to defeating main series antagonists, they were not even close to being satifying.

I've only read the first 2 volumes of Fairy Tail 100 Years quest but its better than anything in avatar/alvarez so I have high hopes for the rest.

Just to jot down a few glaring plot holes and character negligence from Oda in Wano Arc alone,

-Zoro claims that he will round up samurai before Luffy arrives and we are like 50 chapters into Wano and there is not a single soul rounded up by Zoro. Zoro's word means nothing?

-We go through 10 chapter long training session boring ass fight between Luffy and Katakuri so that condom man can improve his CoO and learn how to see Future only for him to fail to stop a fodder running at the speed of sports car. Meme of Future Sight clearly doesn't prevail here

-Sanji goes through an entire arc showing how his family is evil, how his brothers beat his ass as a kid and even had a concrete moment showing us how he despises his dad and claiming he would never use his technology. Only for him to CASUALLY turn into Raid Shit Lanji, to have no proper moral conflict so that hE cAn rEdUcE eNeMy nUmBeRs. Only for him to fail to do even that.

-Enma was supposed to be the only sword that cut Kaido. Oh Wait it wasn't lmaoo

It's still makes sense to me
1. Oden vs Kaido is not rushed, it's the art of telling the story, more tragedy like Ace vs BB. Oden vs boar have more panel to introduce Oden.

2. About an Oden didn't tell about void century to protect his retainer and that makes it interesting.

3. Why the alliance didn't save momo asap is because they didn't know it at first. But when they know, kanjuro is already trying to escape with gis crane hiding behind his cloud ink. Kid and Law doesn't care about momo. Sanji prefer protecting nami instead of momo is character wise and momo said it's fine then luffy won't underestimate him and move on. That's it. Gitu bang

Just to jot down a few glaring plot holes and character negligence from Oda in Wano Arc alone,

-Zoro claims that he will round up samurai before Luffy arrives and we are like 50 chapters into Wano and there is not a single soul rounded up by Zoro. Zoro's word means nothing?

-We go through 10 chapter long training session boring ass fight between Luffy and Katakuri so that condom man can improve his CoO and learn how to see Future only for him to fail to stop a fodder running at the speed of sports car. Meme of Future Sight clearly doesn't prevail here

-Sanji goes through an entire arc showing how his family is evil, how his brothers beat his ass as a kid and even had a concrete moment showing us how he despises his dad and claiming he would never use his technology. Only for him to CASUALLY turn into Raid Shit Lanji, to have no proper moral conflict so that hE cAn rEdUcE eNeMy nUmBeRs. Only for him to fail to do even that.

-Enma was supposed to be the only sword that cut Kaido. Oh Wait it wasn't lmaoo
Hahahaha

- Zoro is an idiot. Quick, tell me about his pre-established psyche some more. Wano also began with Zoro killing a Magistrate and nearly ruining Kimemon's plan. Tell me more about how not stupid Zoro is in general and how being not stupid is totally consistent with his character. Hell, even the main character, an idiot, calls Zoro an idiot.

- It was explained plenty of times that Luffy did not master FS at all yet, and needs to be calm to even use it. He did not surpass Katakuri regarding this power at all, he only just started using it. He used Snakeman to get fast enough to fight Katakuri essentially without it because he was clearly inferior.

- Did you miss the whole part where his brothers/father helped him and his captain from dying? Did you miss the slight reconciliation with his family at the end of the arc?

- Was it stated that Enma was the ONLY sword to cut Kaido? Hiyori only had the right to give Zoro Enma. It was never specified if Ame couldn't or could.

Some of the shit you guys argue about is pretty as hell

Hahahaha

-That is another moment of character compromise from Oda. Zoro was supposed to be the cautious one, the voice of reason and level headedness. At least that's how his character was fleshed out pre TS, in Alabasta and In Water 7. And it was even continued in Punk Hazard and Zou with Zoro giving speeches to Luffy about being serious. So fact that he attacked and killed magistrate anyways makes him look like an idiot. Well I guess at least in Zoro's defense he had no option, he initially decided to let magistrate arrest him just so that he doesn't thwart Kinnemon's plan even though Zoro was framed. And Zoro only acted when he realized that magistrate was the killer. Condom Luffy literally had no excuse, he was just ratarded when he could have easily stayed Low Key like Law. Thank you for proving my point for me lmao

-wtf? So his CoO didn't improve since WCI at all? Luffy didn't master FS yet, even though he was casually using it in Udon just a few days later? Did he have off panel Future Sight training again? You are either paid by Oda, have short term memory or simply can't read.

-Did you miss the whole part where Sanji said HE WOULD NEVER use his daddy's technology because he doesn't want to get stronger that way? And judge helping his ass because him and straw hats saved Judge and his family's ass before is enough to neglect this moment

-It literally was stated, Hiyori stated Enma is ONLY blade that ever hurt Kaido in front of 2 scabbards and neither of them corrected her

You really don't pay any attention when you read do you? It is one thing to defend some fiction you enjoy, it is another to have author's cock permanently rammed inside your ass and embarrass yourself.

I'm just gonna respond to your last point just so you can see how atrocious your sourcing is:

Official translations have Hiyori say Enma is a meito that gave Kaido his ONE AND ONLY scar. Whomever wrote the translation YOU are sourcing mistaked Enma for being a "singular" sword that gave the scarring. It's the other way around. Both swords are responsible for Kaido's scar. Ame was not Hiyori's to give anyhow broski, so of course she would only talk about Enma to Zoro until the following chapter.

Should tell you how I feel about the rest of your post. Goodnight!

I'm just gonna respond to your last point just so you can see how atrocious your sourcing is:

Official translations have Hiyori say Enma is a meito that gave Kaido his ONE AND ONLY scar. Whomever wrote the translation YOU are sourcing mistaked Enma for being a "singular" sword that gave the scarring. It's the other way around. Both swords are responsible for Kaido's scar. Ame was not Hiyori's to give anyhow broski, so of course she would only talk about Enma to Zoro until the following chapter.

Should tell you how I feel about the rest of your post. Goodnight!
What translation are you talking about? Can you link it?

Status
Not open for further replies.