Spoiler One Piece Chapter 978 Spoilers Discussion

Best Supernova?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He started to develop atleast that is what last but one chapter was about......more importantly he is doing fine for 8 year kidd....
He's still being a crybaby in 976, and turns into a dragon when seing something he somewhat fears i.e 955 being shown his sword. He's the heir of the kozuki clan, and imo in that scene in 976 it should have shown him not crying to show us his character growth

S

Shura

He's still being a crybaby in 976, and turns into a dragon when seing something he somewhat fears i.e 955 being shown his sword. He's the heir of the kozuki clan, and imo in that scene in 976 it should have shown him not crying to show us his character growth
Oh he atleast asked his followers not to make fuss and he accepted his weakness, despite crying and asked Luffy not to worry about him.....and Luffy commented that he started acting like a man........hey it is barely one or two months since he lost his father and do you think it is easy to get rid of the instinct of his fear of heights??....

This man Paper Champ joined this forum only to eat shit lmaoo

"カイドウに唯一傷" quite literally means "Kaido's only scar". There is no counter for Enma or "Legendary Blade".

Viz translation, if you have read some of their translations in the past, clearly have mistakes here and there. I see the one you are posting. I personally don't agree with it as with the above.

Here is a translation I like better.

It may not be perfect, but Viz is not end all be all. They clearly got it wrong here.

Am I as good at translating as EtenBoby? Hell fucking no. But I have several years experience in college japanese and that very clearly has the counter with Kaido's scar, not Enma, which is only referenced in the top text bubble and then "A Legendary Blade" is referenced AFTER "Kaido's only scar". Japanese sentences are not spoken like English so there are plenty of liberties taken on how a sentence is translated, but once again this is not singling out Enma, it is singling out Kaido's scar.

Any other japanese speaking users can confirm

Thanks for wasting my time. You can eat shit now.

Viz Translation says "The Only One" Unless you are going off the official Japanesse Transcript for the chapter
Read the above.

Last edited:
Oh he atleast asked his followers not to make fuss and he accepted his weakness, despite crying and asked Luffy not to worry about him.....and Luffy commented that he started acting like a man........hey it is barely one or two months since he lost his father and do you think it is easy to get rid of the instinct of his fear of heights??....
This is a fictional story, not taking real life aspects into this and therapeutical advice into this. 6 years we've seen him in the story and no true character development. We can agree to disagree

"カイドウに唯一傷" quite literally means "Kaido's only scar"

Viz translation, if you have read some of their translations in the past, clearly have mistakes here and there. I see the one you are posting. I personally don't agree with it as with the above.

It may not be perfect, but Viz is not end all be all. They clearly got it wrong here.

Am I as good at translating as EtenBoby? Hell fucking no. But I have several years experience in college japanese and that very clearly has the counter with Kaido's scar, not Enma, which is only referenced in the top text bubble and then "A Legendary Blade" is referenced AFTER "Kaido's only scar". Japanese sentences are not spoken like English so there are plenty of liberties taken on how a sentence is translated, but once again this is not singling out Enma, it is singling out Kaido's scar.

Any other japanese speaking users can confirm.
Homie Paper Champ after nearly smashing his keyboard

It's sad some people compare Fairy Tail to One Piss. Few weakness doesn't make it One Piss level btw I think Onigashima climacs will be a dissapointment and scrubbards will be scrubbards again.

At least Oda is consistent with this arc, shit arc being shit arc from beginning to the end.

"カイドウに唯一傷" quite literally means "Kaido's only scar". There is no counter for Enma or "Legendary Blade".

Any other japanese speaking users can confirm

Read the above.
"It may not be perfect, but Viz is not end all be all. They clearly got it wrong here".

"Official translations have Hiyori say Enma is a meito that gave Kaido his ONE AND ONLY scar. Whomever wrote the translation YOU are sourcing mistaked Enma for being a "singular" sword that gave the scarring. "

legendary stuff here.

Status
Not open for further replies.