Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE CHAPTER 979: FAMILY TROUBLE

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PeperLevi

everybody wants to see Sanji face off against Queen or rematch with Page One, but it'll probably just end up like this:
Pay Pay will show why his onee-sama is proud of him.
It would take P1 to use his hot sister to prevent a continuation of that ass beating he was getting lol

Damn, so Page One needs Ulti to distract him so Page can finally beat Sanji in a fight:josad::josad::josad:
Pay Pay not need Ulti for anything. He's too tough for be defeated offpannel and has the power recognition from Kaido that Sanji will never get.

djiayebee

☆ 𝕊𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝔻𝕒𝕕𝕕𝕪 ☆
I really enjoyed the chapter, can't wait to see what's coming next!! Comedy + cliffhangers = that's what I like about OP!

Who's that shadow behind Robin?? Is it Yamato? Could it be Caribou? someone else we know, or yet a new face?

Btw lmao people sooooo salty about Pound reappearing (if it's indeed confirmed to be him) in the cover story :salt:

While i do respect everyone else's opinion, honestly i dont get all the critics like "OP has no sense of danger", "that was cringy", "this guy's portrayal sucks", "Oda doesn't know how to write" and so on...

Seriously it's been 20 years Oda is writing the same way, he himself said in several interviews he doesn't care about power levels, and unless the storyline is dramatically affected he doesn't kill anyone to give them a chance to reappear later.... we already know all of it so why all the ruckus, like that wasn't expected?

I dont give a damn about power levels or portrayals, and what i find extremely cringy is when some fans are arguing "blabla, A beats B, B beats C so A is stronger than C"... that's the worst bs ever, coz the story is dynamic and u're not considering any of each individuals weakness or strength to others...

Pound lost in WCI to Oven. Him being alive or not, how does that make BM crew look weaker or laughable? Coz it doesn't match what you were hoping to see?? Oda draw the scene back then as if he was to be executed, so what? That wasn't actually shown, he could come up with several reasons if he wants to!! And above all, guys OP is an adventure mainly targetted to kids where nothing makes sense from the beginning (Luffy surviving the whirlpool while he is a hammer?)........... So why so serious?

My predictions for the fights, Kidd, Killer and Law don't get one one one instead they go straight for Kaido, but they do really well against him, the 9 scabbards get one on one against the numbers but mostly off-screened so the main ones will be;

1. Luffy vs Yamato
2. Zoro vs King
3. Sanji vs Queen
4. Usopp vs Jack
5. Jinbei vs X-Drake
6. Brook vs Apoo
7. Robin vs Who's Who
8. Franky vs Sasaki
9. Nami vs Black Maria
10. Tag team fight Choniki+Carrot vs Pay Pay+Ulti
11. Law and the scabbards vs Kaido
12. Kidd and Killer vs Kaido
13. Luffy round 2 vs Kaido
14. Luffy, Zoro, Kidd, Killer, Law(maybe Hawkins, Drake and Apoo as well) vs Kaido
15. Big Mom vs Kaido
16. Luffy vs Kaido round 3(final)

Morj had a vid on his channel about Luffy "Bluenoning" Jack. Very compelling tbh.

I don't think him one shotting Holdem, is enough display. If he could one shot Jack with the new advanced CoA Kong Gun, that'd show us the progress he's made.
Let Jinbe get a full-length competitive 1v1 fight for the first time in the manga. We don’t need to waste a good opponent for Jinbe just so that Luffy can flex against someone we already know he’s much stronger than

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Morj had a vid on his channel about Luffy "Bluenoning" Jack. Very compelling tbh.

I don't think him one shotting Holdem, is enough display. If he could one shot Jack with the new advanced CoA Kong Gun, that'd show us the progress he's made.
I can see Jack became "blueno treatment" for luffy.

But thats fight alone will make luffy so tired and even if he win against jack, he'll most likely doesnt have power to fight kaido after that. Unless Oda give luffy another plot armor.

I can see Jack became "blueno treatment" for luffy.

But thats fight alone will make luffy so tired and even if he win against jack, he'll most likely doesnt have power to fight kaido after that. Unless Oda give luffy another plot armor.
Yeah... That's the whole point of a "Blueno" (4th strongest). It doesn't interfere with the main fight.

Cracker was the Blueno of BM's arc (4th strongest), but Luffy had until the next day to fight Katakuri. Here, he's gotta do it quickly.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Yeah... That's the whole point of a "Blueno" (4th strongest). It doesn't interfere with the main fight.

Cracker was the Blueno of BM's arc (4th strongest), but Luffy had until the next day to fight Katakuri. Here, he's gotta do it quickly.
The problem is, luffy fought katakuri in Mirror World. If he will fight Jack, somebody from beast pirates will notice immediately because luffy will not fighting Jack in mirror world.

And if luffy win against Jack, the fodder who witnessing the fight will report immediately to someone stronger than Jack and that might be Queen/King/ or even Kaido.

Status
Not open for further replies.