Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE CHAPTER 979: FAMILY TROUBLE

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shura

Honest question: Who is actually hyped about the war right now?
Once again being reminded that literally NOBODY in OP dies or faces any kind of consequences, this upcoming "war" just feels completely meaningless.
Honest answer: I am hyped and that makes one....there are many...you don't represent the whole or even 1/10th of the OP fandom....."nobody in OP dies...".....:gokulaugh::gokulaugh:.......for starters, WB is dead and that counts one.....

Honest question: Who is actually hyped about the war right now?
Once again being reminded that literally NOBODY in OP dies or faces any kind of consequences, this upcoming "war" just feels completely meaningless.
At best one or two named characters will die.
One of the reasons why I was not fully satisfied with Marineford war was that only Ace and Whitebeard died. The fact that none of the Straw Hats allies at Enies Lobby died was also really cringeworthy to me, especially given the BS way they survived the Buster Call.

Doesn't change the fact that Jack will be replaced LOL

Oda gave Jack too many Ls... and he's Neku/Inu fight.... and Oda probably wants the M3 (Zoro/Sanji/Jinbe) to deal with the three strongest commanders of Beast Pirates...

So in terms of storywriting... he cannot feed Jack to Jinbe or Sanji... because Oda would be ignoring Inu/Neku payback battle against him.... so best way is to demote him into a lower rank... becomes a Flying 6 member... while another one ascends to that position and Zoro/Sanji/Jinbe takes on it

- If it's Sasaki:
Zoro vs King
Sanji vs Queen
Jinbe vs Sasaki

- If it's Who's who:
Zoro vs King
Jinbe vs Queen
Sanji vs Who's Who

Regardless... brace yourself for a harsh replacement for Jack... Oda will not replace neither King nor Queen... and he created this whole "taking All star seat challenge" for a reason... because SOMEONE WILL BE REPLACED... Jack was being by Oda as a Hype Tool:
- Hype tool for Fujitora
- Hype tool for Inu/Neku (as we never expected them to be commander level)
- Hype tool for Zunisha
- Hype tool for Shuutenmaru/Asura Douji
- Hype tool for King/Queen when they talked down to him calling him "Jack the stooge/Drag down"

When an enemy is used as hype tool MANY TIMES... and there have been competition about taking "All Star" seat... you should AT LEAST be anticipating an intense situation of being replaced!

Let's not forget Kaido and BM crew Oda presents many similarities to them... so I wouldn't be surprised to see Jack of Beast Pirates gets demoted the SAME WAY Snacks got demoted....
Yeah no calamities is gettong replaced. We haven’t even seen his hyvrid form

At best one or two named characters will die.
One of the reasons why I was not fully satisfied with Marineford war was that only Ace and Whitebeard died. The fact that none of the Straw Hats allies at Enies Lobby died was also really cringeworthy to me, especially given the BS way they survived the Buster Call.
I will say it right here and everyone can quote me on that: During this war nobody (!) significant will die. I'm actually pretty sure that we will see more comebacks, like Pedro for example, than actual deaths.

That's Oda for you.

Just like nobody died during Enies Lobby, where the incredibly hyped up and supposedly deadly Buster Call happened.
Just like nobody besides Ace and WB (which was a foregone conclusion) died during the Marineford War.

Then why would the announcement bring confusion right now?
Maybe because announcing Yamato's marriage now will be inappropriate until his bride who is on the queen Mama chanter arrives?
Like let's say kaido announces it now,most of his subordinates are going to say it comes from nowhere as Yamato's bride isn't even there.
Also notice the schedule of the fire festival
After queen's show, we got
-The all stars and fukurokuju toasting
-Kaido and Orochi making a speech to their subordinates,then;
-Waiting for Bm's crew..
Bm and Kaido announcing their alliance,and
Kaido finally makes his speech
I mean there should be a reason as to why they need to wait for Bm's crew before proceeding in the rest of the schedule.

Welp, going by viz translation, yamato might be pretty strong:feelscryingman:
It's an odd one.

It's certainly being made out to be a quite difficult task, and an important one, but at the same time why then is it then being given to the weaker Flying Six instead of the Calamities? Now, Queen's obviously busy, but Jack and King would surely be the best bets for a job that requires strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.