Spoiler One Piece Chapter 979 Spoilers Discussion

Who Would Win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong
Luffy is and must be pretty strong but idk imo Kaido should still be beyond him currently
I don't see it being a 1vs1
Since Kaido's appearance Oda had implied that he is finding way for Luffy to defeat Kaido....he had hidden the secret Armament from us till recent chapters and only Roger and WB is shown to have same Armament as Luffy (even BM VS Kaido and Shanks VS old WB wasnt shown as such) .... so yeah maybe this was the hidden method he was talking about ....
and as mentioned Conqueror's Haki develop Automatically along with Armament and Observation so right now Luffy might have far superior Conqueror's Haki too compared to FMIsland
The only thing that makes me not say that Luffy will be 100% fighting Kaido and win 1v1 is that ... When will Luffy learn and use Awakening then ... maybe first round is a loss as theories goes and Luffy will come back at Kaido with everything+awakening :quest:

Ray is able to tell that exactly 500 creatures on the Island would whoop Luffy's ass. Kaido for sure knows the strength of his crew mates. 3 Strong people randomly popping up does not add up. Luffy can naturally sense how strong people are as well.
Rayleigh actively sensed and he sensed Luffy's strength .....Kaido has to sense all the troops to get to know that 3 "extra" strong people randomly popped up in his party......it is also possible that Rayleigh CoO > Kaido's CoO.....

Luffy can naturally sense when he activates CoO..

In my opinion I think the initial raid will be foiled and the alliance will be captured, Kaido will propose a game, where his son the All-Stars, and the F6 will fight against the straw hats and if they win they can leave.
Luffy vs Kaido's son
Zoro vs King
Sanji vs Queen
Usopp vs Jack
Jinbei vs X-Drake
Brook vs Who's Who
Franky vs Sasaki
Robin vs Black Maria
Chopper vs Page One
Nami vs Ulti
In my opinion most of these fights will be high diff at best(except Usopp's fight will miraculous diff lol)

The straw hats who will finish their fights first will try to save the rest of the alliance, then Kaido and his numbers will step up to fight the alliance while new reinforcements arrive to stall the big mom pirates.

Kaido will fight Luffy, Law Kidd, Zoro, Killer, Hawkins, Apoo and X-Drake who was only beaten mildly by Jinbei but didn't really make sure to knock him out, the scabbards will fight the numbers, the minks will fight the gifters and headliners, while hyogoro will fight the Mimawarigumi and Oniwaban. After Kaido and Orochi's defeat, the big mom pirates will retreat and will reappear in Elbaf

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
Rayleigh actively sensed and he sensed Luffy's strength .....Kaido has to sense all the troops to get to know that 3 "extra" strong people randomly popped up in his party......it is also possible that Rayleigh CoO > Kaido's CoO.....

Luffy can naturally sense when he activates CoO..
Again, there is not indication Luffy activates COO when he points out that people are strong. I posted a panel where the Strawhats had no reason to have COO on. they were actively chilling yet Luffy still sensed Caribou.

Oden does not seem to be the type have COO on yet he felt Roger and ran straight to him.

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
It is not about consistency...it is just we tend to subconsciously think that every powerful fighter possess god level CoO/CoA or he/she is "perfect" since he is top tier blah blah....
Basic sensing is not god level haki. it's literally one of the basic things observation can do. We've had the strawhats who are were weaker than commanders sense someone without actively trying this is an inconsistency.

J

Jo_Ndule

It’s stupid to still believe this is Zoro’s arc if at all... this arc is to take down a yonko or two that’s it. Either way, clearly Oda has plans for the three strongest that’s why he had them go ahead first, we prob gonna see them all go jn there different path to face vary of difficulties.
3 strongest are Kidd Luffy law
Zoro is behind.

Just that at this point, Law is sailing somewhere else. So Zoro went with Kidd and luffy

The bounties of the straw hats after wano will be

Luffy 2.5/3 billion
Zoro 1.7 billion
Sanji 1.4 billion
Usopp 1.2 billion
Jinbei 800 million
Momonosuke 600 million
Robin 480 million
Brook 434 million
Franky 394 million
Nami 366 million
Chopper 300 million