Spoiler One Piece Chapter 979 Spoilers Discussion

Who Would Win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually your comparison lacks the good highlights of Ace...

It's like for example a comparison between X and Z
X: he is so dignified.. so great... blah blah blah... stating all what you like about this character.

Z: He's so scum.. very bad... bla bla blah.. stating all what you hate about the character

So you're comparing the "Good side of a character to the bad side of the other character"
Great comparison to tell me you had more emotional attachment to them

Dude... Ace until this moment... everytime I see his speech with Luffy at his last moments.. I still have drops of tears coming out without controlling it... and I'm not the cry teary guy... I watch people slaughtered and laugh in sadistic way about them.. thus the name "sadistic senpai"... Ace and Robin moment are the TWO MOST highly emotionally not only me.. but MOST PEOPLE got during One Piece.. the epitome of emotions came with those two people with Ace dying and Robin's I want to live moment... LOL

Oden's moment? Yasui Moment? HAVE NO COMPARISON.. and the idea of comparing them is laughable to me...
I will admit that Fisher Tiger though was 100 times more emotional than fucking Oden's or Yasui... so maybe that's a good one.. but honestly the idea of comparing them to Ace.. is mindboggling...
And again... don't compare good sides of character you are attached to them.. to the bad side of the character you are not attached to them

Compare the good with the good... the bad with the bad...
I wasn't comparing the good or the bad, I was comparing the situations that had objectively happened regarding the characters. I also specifically stated that the flashback that added background to Ace made it then more emotional. So no, there was no "good vs bad" going on, there was simply a comparison what actually happened in the manga specifically going on, simply a mentioning of things that had happened up to Ace's death.. and his character's part that was supposed to feel sympathetic but simply wasn't for me. Actually you're sort of the one who does the Good vs Bad, when it comes to Sabo and Ace lol.

Robin's moment.. yes.. why? because of the flashback that added background to her character... If Ace's flashback had happened before his death, I would agree it was as sad as Robin's death situation, but it happened after. And what we are comparing is specifically the moments of death.

Ace's death in the MANGA specifically, not the fuckin anime, was not as sad.. THE SITUATION regarding Ace was sadder.. Why? Because of the Whitebeard pirates.. why? because of fucking luffy.. BUT we are talking about specifically the emotional impact of their death for us, not comparing the overall situation. Surely you can't compare the situation of Yasuie to the near climax of a huge war with Ace's death, the whole grand scene of thousands of pirates fighting a war to save 1 kid and failing at it.. is what makes it a tragedy, the loss of Whitebeard and his failure in saving Ace.. makes it a tragedy... the emotional impact on Luffy is what makes it a huge tragedy.. Ace's death on it's own ? no.

I was def. emotional when the death happened.. but not because of Ace.. but because of what Luffy was going through.

Again you found Ace with no background to be a character you could connect to, I didn't. He wasn't a character I would feel connected to until his flashback happened with Sabo/Ace/Luffy. But because I didn't feel connected doesn't equate Oda writing a shit character, just him writing a character that wasn't for me but for somebody like you.

Last edited:
Nah.. I just mean they are "CHEAP" replacement... they aren't even expensive LOL
The only reason certain people dislike Sabo is cuz he replaced Ace. That has nothing to do with Sabo's character but rather Oda's writing.

Sabo is literally one of the few characters in the entire manga who is an overpowered badass that has normal parents. Ace's dad was the pirate king, Luffy's dad was revolutionary army leader, Dragon's dad was hero of marines, Sanji's dad is leader of Germa, etc... But Sabo got where he is through fodder blood running through his veins.

I personally thought Ace was a cool character (I love the cool big brother anime archetype since I look up to my brother so much), but let's be real here, Ace was a dumbass who got himself, his captain, and so much of his crew killed and in the process he almost got his little brother killed too. Sabo is a stronger, smarter, and better role model for our main character. Comparing him to Hody, the absolute garbage version of Arlong, is laughable.

I wasn't comparing the good or the bad, I was comparing the situations that had objectively happened regarding the characters. I also specifically stated that the flashback that added background to Ace made it then more emotional. So no, there was no "good vs bad" going on, there was simply a comparison what actually happened in the manga specifically going on, simply a mentioning of things that had happened up to Ace's death.. and his character's part that was supposed to feel sympathetic but simply wasn't for me. Actually you're sort of the one who does the Good vs Bad, when it comes to Sabo and Ace lol.

Robin's moment.. yes.. why? because of the flashback that added background to her character... If Ace's flashback had happened before his death, I would agree it was as sad as Robin's death, but it happened after. And what we are comparing is specifically the moments of death.

Ace's death in the MANGA specifically, not the fuckin anime, was not as sad.. THE SITUATION regarding Ace was sadder.. Why? Because of the Whitebeard pirates.. why? because of fucking luffy.. BUT we are talking about specifically the emotional impact of their death for us, not comparing the overall situation. Surely you can't compare the situation of Yasuie to the near climax of a huge war with Ace's death, the whole grand scene of thousands of pirates fighting a war to save 1 kid and failing at it.. is what makes it a tragedy, the loss of Whitebeard and his failure in saving Ace.. makes it a tragedy... the emotional impact on Luffy is what makes it a huge tragedy.. Ace's death on it's own ? no.

I was def. emotional when the death happened.. but not because of Ace.. but because of what Luffy was going through.

Again you found Ace with no background to be a character you could connect to, I didn't. He wasn't a character I would feel connected to until his flashback happened with Sabo/Ace/Luffy. But because I didn't feel connected doesn't equate Oda writing a shit character, just him writing a character that wasn't for me but for somebody like you.
You can't blame me on Sabo though
He sucks
as simple as that
:goyea:

Status
Not open for further replies.