Spoiler One Piece Chapter 979 Spoilers Discussion

Who Would Win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren't to have one. Not every crew has been shown to have a first mate, most of the right-hand men don't share that title. Especially in Luffy's crew, which is clearly depicted as more like a flat organization. So far the only official role Zoro has is that of combatant, like Lucky Roo but unlike Benn Beckman (the first mate of his crew).
Who in the story has been considered the closest thing to a first mate and even outside of the story who has been considered this

Who in the story has been considered the closest thing to a first mate and even outside of the story who has been considered this
I don't care about what a fan within or outside the story considers. Zoro's official role is that of combatant of the crew and only a few right-hand men have been given the title of first mate. Marco and Katakuri were the strongest after their captains yet they weren't first mates.

I don't care about what a fan within or outside the story considers. Zoro's official role is that of combatant of the crew and only a few right-hand men have been given the title of first mates. Marco and Katakuri were the strongest after their captains yet they weren't first mates.
Marco and katakuri are directly stated to be the people who take over once the captain is gone. And they aren't first mate. Yet first mate is the person who takes over once the captain is incapacitated.

So I guess your feelings on the issue don't really matter fo they. Seems pretty obvious Oda doesn't care

I don't care about what a fan within or outside the story considers. Zoro's official role is that of combatant of the crew and only a few right-hand men have been given the title of first mate. Marco and Katakuri were the strongest after their captains yet they weren't first mates.
I mean, Zoro has been directly alluded to being the Vice Captain. Luffy met Zoro first, similar to how Roger met Rayleigh and how they started a pirate crew together. Zoro always fights the 2nd strongest opponent in an arc. This is a hard cold, known fact. The Barto Pirates called Zoro the Vice-Captain, which is indirectly through Oda's words REGARDLESS of what people like to assume its only Barto's words.

This is getting ridiculous, every other crew member has a role, Zoro's is Vice Captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.