Spoiler One Piece Chapter 979 Spoilers Discussion

Who Would Win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoro does none of that though... he just naps on the ship 24/7 :zosleepy:

in the end, we're all just Bartolomeo :finally:

And Luffy does what exactly? haha

They both arent your ideal examples of a captain and first mate in fact the entire ship and most of the things happening are more or less controlled by Nami in a sense, so I guess she must be the captain right? lol this is shounen give me a break

Bartolomeo literally calls Zoro "Fukusenchoo" which is denoted by the same Kanji you provide, unless we aren't going to take Bartolomeo's words, which are Oda's own words, as the truth now huh?
Bartolomeo's words aren't Oda's words; he explicitly adds a "(BY ME)" to his consideration of Zoro as the first mate. It isn't an official, objective title in the slightest, Bartolomeo isn't saying that Zoro is the first mate but that he personally considers him as such (on the contrary Oda wouldn't need to specify that "(BY ME)"). Anyways, I wouldn't be too confident on Bartolomeo as a source of arguments because he's a caricature of the fandom, and I'm precisely discussing how this very fandom unfoundedly gives the title to Zoro.

Bartolomeo's words aren't Oda's words; he explicitly adds a "(BY ME)" to his consideration of Zoro as the first mate. It isn't an official, objective title in the slightest, Bartolomeo isn't saying that Zoro is the first mate but that he personally considers him as such (on the contrary Oda wouldn't need to specify that "(BY ME)"). Anyways, I wouldn't be too confident on Bartolomeo as a source of arguments because he's a caricature of the fandom, and I'm precisely discussing how this very fandom unfoundedly gives the title to Zoro.
That I understand, and that is a good argument. He does say "Ore no koe" in parenthesis between that sentence. Basically "my words"/"my opinion"

Status
Not open for further replies.