Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 980: Fighting Music

Rate this chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sade

Berserk
Wow, the chapter is barely even out and the damage control within this thread is hilarious. Everyone and their mother took to Worstgen to protect Zoro....thats when you know things are bad:suresure:.

Zoro already worrying about the small wound Apoo gave him.

Who wouldve though, Mr Endurance would have fallen so low. Now hes even monolouging about how Apoo fucking his shit up.

Then you have fodder literally laughing at him whilst he runs away

What happened to

"I'll rather die then lose"
"A wound on ones back, is a shame to a swordsman"

Yet here you are running away from fodders and Apoo....someone who should be on your lvl.

Other great moments were calling fodder gifter's heavy hitters

If dude be thinking Gifters are strong no wonder he gets clowned by SN.

And the best part of it all, his fodder ass is already finding it hard to move cause of the cut.

Whilst Luffy took a torso ripping teching. Zoro took some arm lvl shit on his chest. Literally Luffy was talking about forcing there way through yet this dude Zoro changing the subject to not being able to move:milaugh:. Fucking fodder !

Great chapter. Atleast Apoo pushes Zoro the weaklings SN rankings down lmao.
It's ok, mostly of us would have trolled / memed Sanji if He was in the Luffy / Zoro situation.

PS: the translation is probably wrong.

Queen mostly likely wants to get rid of Drake of Who's Who

Overall an enjoyable chapter , I don't expect much from Apo when it comes to physical strength and endurance but he a tricky devil fruit so lets see.

Edit: Is the damage control comments on the first page really necessary? some people take this way too seriously.

Looks like we really are in a Covid bi-weekly period of One Piece now, huh?

I'm so proud of Zoro. He's finally discovered the way to avoid being lost- just cut the fucking building apart to follow the noise. The Solo Adventures of Luffy and Zoro are now paying off because it's more personal for them than the others in the crew, them not having experienced as much the poverty of Wano. We also get a classic Zoro moment- badass moment with him actually saying something really stupid- i.e "I got on the wrong ship."

Does Queen have a vendetta against a particular TR or is he just looking forward to crushing one in the Yamato challenge fight because he doesn't like any of them? Interesting stuff. Also wonder if all these random Gifters will start getting hype here since they consider themselves TR level. That's how it works, right? Somehow I doubt it

Good introduction for Apoo. His powers one of the more unique ones Oda's came up with- I think the piano key teeth is a stroke of genius. Quite surprised that him and Kid are going at each other so early- is this the first one vs one were getting? Wondering how you actually fight him- can you block his attacks are do you just power through them? Kid's attacks are all music based as well- is he going to cause such a racket that it's louder than Apoo's attacks and sort of overpowers them?

Is Zoro carrying Luffy away a callback to WCI and Sanji doing the same? Interesting to see what happens to them now- they're undisguised, the enemy know they're there and they're charging towards Kaido.

Didn't really see much for the chaos the other mods told me was getting caused in the spoiler thread but I guess that's just what happens when the M3 get hit now.

J

Jo_Ndule

Zoro having trouble moving coz the fodders are too much lol

Zoro realising this is emperor crew, numbers matters and it is hard to remain unscathed
Well, this man will beat or even escape from enraged army when he can't handle smile users?

Okay, Luffy and Zoro weren't nearly handled as bad as the spoilers said about.

Apoo simply cheap shotted them from a distance when they were in the middle of their fight against the fodders - and both Luffy and Zoro were fine afterwards.

Imo Apoo does not look that good; dude sneak attacked them with lethal attacks and he could not deal significant damage at all, let alone taking them down whilst Kidd smacked him quite easily.

Stay out of his range and dodge the explosion last minute something luffy should be casually able to do, you know, since he has FS
This is one of the reasons why I was skeptical when Oda gave Luffy future sight, for the sake of the story its going to be inconsistent as hell just as how it already is for observation haki.

I guess the excuses could be:

1) Luffy was too focused on the fodder that he knocked down and wasn't in a calm state??
2) Luffy's future is not as good and consistent as Katakuri's just yet.

Okay, Luffy and Zoro weren't nearly handled as bad as the spoilers said about.

Apoo simply cheap shotted them from a distance when they were in the middle of their fight against the fodders - and both Luffy and Zoro were fine afterwards.

Imo Apoo does not look that good; dude sneak attacked them with lethal attacks and he could not deal significant damage at all, let alone taking them down whilst Kidd smacked him quite easily.
Apoo's troubled face after Luffy went mad on him was epic

C

critical mindset

Music has always been heavily weaponised in war to disorient and break your enemies. The Nazis used it against the soviets in Stalingrad I believe where they played extremely loud tango music to keep them up at night. A more recent example is the Iraq war where the Americans placed loudspeakers on their humvees that played Arabic insults, I could only imagine it pertaining to donkeys, mothers and inbreeding lmao. I could see Apoo using his sonic booms for widespread disorienting effects like that, both for demoralising and for weaponisation purposes, ones used to break up rallies and such

Status
Not open for further replies.