Chapter Discussion One Piece chapter 983: Thunder

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen absolutely has no intention of getting involved and taking care of 4 supernova with collective bounty of 2.5 bill plus their crew which they suspect are present. Wtf? And Appo told him it would be bad for him if Kaido found out about it.

We're just in that phase of the arc.
It's in charecter for Queen, he underasstimates luffy and his allies.

Also collective bounty means Jack shit, we have a confirmation from Oda that yonku commander bounties are inflated because they every time a yonku does something all the crew that was there get a bounty raise because the government doesnt exactly know how strong each member is. (just like all the crew that were on dressrosa get a bounty raise) it's mentioned in an sbs by the way.

D: All the characters of “Yonko Officer” class have very high bounties. Do their bounties ever go up simply for the reason that they are the Officer of XX? P.N. Rice LOVE

O: Yes yes, that totally happens. After the Dressrosa incident, all the people involved with the Straw Hat Crew got a flat 50 million increase. The crew members’ bounties often increase with their captain. This is because it is actually fairly difficult to appraise the strength of each individual person and assign a money value to them.

Sbs volume 91.

He is the fifth emperor the same way buggy is a warlord.

I gabe you a possible reason, also even when zoro told luffy to get serious he was only using 2 swords and what zoro means by serious is not going all out and exhausting himself he means not fucking around like what luffy did on punk hazard.

Being serious =not fucking around
Being serious=/=going all out against every opponent.

The context of the quote matters, luffy wasn't just holding back he was acting like pre timeskip where it was an adventure and not a serious fight.
This will clarify his bias
Post automatically merged:

I can’t believe panting/huffing is being used as an argument.

:zosleepy:
I can't believe ppl finding excuses when kidd is panting and has killer's help

N

NeutralWatcher

Thanks, I figured one of us should give the thing some actual thought.
:milaugh::milaugh::milaugh:

Why did Zoro decide to fight Hawkins with only two swords? Because he knows he can win without the third one

It's only Zoro "not taking it seriously" IF HE LOSES
Kid is panting while killer complains about how hard the situation is. Go back and look at the kid panel closely. You seem to not be paying attention yet you keep arguing
If you say so.

I gabe you a possible reason, also even when zoro told luffy to get serious he was only using 2 swords and what zoro means by serious is not going all out and exhausting himself he means not fucking around like what luffy did on punk hazard.

Being serious =not fucking around
Being serious=/=going all out against every opponent.

The context of the quote matters, luffy wasn't just holding back he was acting like pre timeskip where it was an adventure and not a serious fight.
This is the only argument that makes sense. I think Zoro can use 3 swords without going all out.

▪Luffy after Zoro said he has to go serious he said he won't repeat it again so your point here proved wrong again both of them have reached an agreement of going serious in the NW and stop your bs and excuses u use to luffy .
▪ Killer complained about their situation kidd after that panted Waiters got distraced he sneakattacked them if it's easy as you implied why would he sneakattack them ? And those are just waiters 🙄 . Killer is there with him if he didn't help him fighting them and he is the one who started complaining about their situation and their recklessness then what is he doing there he is just standing there complaining about nothing .
▪ Luffy goes serious using gear 2 and gear 3 against fodders he isn't serious ( You : no that's wrong ) Zoro using nitoryo against fodders to clear the Road ahead of him he isn't serious ( you : it's true ) Your bias is showed here i will stop here cuz you are biased from the start while you ignore things and accept what you need to downplay another character:smithnie::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:
Okay. You are right. Have a nice day. :cheers:

Awesome chapter with lot of action going around.
Perospero finally getting to shine. He is showing what a veteran Yonko crew is capable of, riding on the reverse waterfall and waves.
Big Mom Vs Nami round 2 is about to happen with Nami shooting both Zeus and Prometheus at her this time..?!!
Oda is taking it too far with Sanji’s Gag of women lover..
Angered Ulti looked so much better than regular ..:kaimoji:
If Luffy managed to KO Page 1, Oda has managed to completely f**k up his power scaling..
Thunder Bagua is too OP..!!
8.5/10 chapter:sabogood:

Average chapter for me.

I'm really not happy with Oda's use of Big Mom and Sanji this arc and while Yamato is shaping up to be a very cool character, and probably the "Oden" of this era, having Luffy struggling against F6 or Zoro against fodders is rather bad.
It isnt, I think the chapter spoke for itself lol.

They are underestimating the strength of the Beast Pirates. Luffy went as far as telling himself he needs to get his shit together and remember he's in the castle of an emperor lol.

As for my reaction to the chapter itself (sorry I included it in my reply to you, I'm too lazy to separate), it was nice and chaotic. Sanji leaving everyone for the prostitutes is hilarious, and I wonder if he'll be the one to save Momo. And like I mentioned up above, Luffy being so calm and collected and even telling himself to stop underestimating people is so fucking weird. It's like he's a different person.

His FS is actually fucking working too!

Status
Not open for further replies.