rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sade

Berserk
It's obvious you have no reading comprehension
2 different scenarios

Sanji is stressing out because he just resisted his captors who are holding his friends and family as hostages
while
Zolo is fighting fodder

Unless Zolo has personal history with those fodder or they stressing him out for some reason- Zolo is huffing from fighting
Ah Ok now there is also the psychological factor to take into consideration...
I forgot how it can affect the stamina of a character, Oda Is such a genius writer, He surely was thinking about it.

Sure.

Next time Sanji will be huffing it will be cuz he didn't find any whore.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
Yeah, yamato also means this, just checked out the meaning of the name:

From YAMATO, an ancient name for Japan. It can also refer to the Yamato period in Japanese history, which lasted into the 8th century. The individual kanji are meaning "great" and meaning "harmony".
wholesome strong.

I also heard that one of the kanjis of it means peace.

I think yamato is not warmongering at all, he is peacefull. And doesnt like fighting. When king asked the f6 to get him, he specifically said bring him back/subdue him. Not defeat him. So while he is extremely strong, he seems super docile.

But i guess something about luffy made him act. Even then, when he held luffy, he apologized and told him he wasnt going to hurt him.
:kizabat:
That's a nice bit of trivia there mate.
Looks like him name fits nicely with his sort of disposition.

Maybe he just doesn't agree with how his father and Orochi rule over Wano. Feels like he's an Oden sympathiser.

Also note that ulti didn't sense Yamato's haki like she did with Luffy !
This means either Yamato can conceal his haki like in DBZ Or Yamato was so damn fast that she couldn't sense him.
Anyway i hope it is not one of Oda's inconsistencies which is going to be retconned later.
Naaah, take look on it again. Both Luffy and Ulti sense it before Yamato swing his club on Ulti. And yaaa, that's super fast, Ulti can't react to that swing.

:kizabat:
That's a nice bit of trivia there mate.
Looks like him name fits nicely with his sort of disposition.

Maybe he just doesn't agree with how his father and Orochi rule over Wano. Feels like he's an Oden sympathiser.
Aye, we dunno. Though one thing is for sure. He will somehow be helping luffy do something. I still think the real villain of this arc is orochi. Kaido seems less villainous imo, gotta wait and see I guess.

Ah Ok now there is also the psychological factor to take into consideration...
I forgot how it can affect the stamina of a character, Oda Is such a genius writer, He surely was thinking about it.

Sure.
You kidding, right?

You do realize people start breathing heavy when they under extreme stressful situation.
Do you know what Panic attack is? Let me tell you, people who are having panic attacks aren't breathing heavy because they just ran a marathon
:wellwell:

Psychological factor is like basic writing...

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
Aye, we dunno. Though one thing is for sure. He will somehow be helping luffy do something. I still think the real villain of this arc is orochi. Kaido seems less villainous imo, gotta wait and see I guess.
For sure.
I mean Kaido's a pirate so it's just within his nature to do these things. While Orochi sold out his country to rule it while trashing on the people.

Kaido is just collateral lol

For sure.
I mean Kaido's a pirate so it's just within his nature to do these things. While Orochi sold out his country to rule it while trashing on the people.

Kaido is just collateral lol
Kaido just is a pirate. Never expected him to have ethics. The strawhats are outliers for the traditional pirates after all.
Post automatically merged:

Its confirmed it's not Yamato shadowing Jinbei and Robin I'd say... unless they did meet and he talked with them. But odds are not in that favor, So anyone got better guesses besides Tama and Hiyori?
I doubt it's anyone other than them really. If it isn't them then we probably got another new character introduction or even o-toko

Had a random thought, was wondering if anybody had mentioned it?

What if, at the time of Oden’s death, Toki was in the early stages of pregnancy with Oden’s kid, and it was only discovered after he died. We didn’t see her death, so maybe Kaido discovered it before he was going to kill her, had her take the child to term and then she died, and Kaido took the kid. It would go a long way in explaining the chains on his wrists (Kaido obviously wouldn’t treat him well, and it would be a tribute to Oden as well) and the rope thing on his back.
We did see her death. She was shown to be shot by the Beast Pirates, which debunks this theory easily.
Post automatically merged:

Had a random thought, was wondering if anybody had mentioned it?

What if, at the time of Oden’s death, Toki was in the early stages of pregnancy with Oden’s kid, and it was only discovered after he died. We didn’t see her death, so maybe Kaido discovered it before he was going to kill her, had her take the child to term and then she died, and Kaido took the kid. It would go a long way in explaining the chains on his wrists (Kaido obviously wouldn’t treat him well, and it would be a tribute to Oden as well) and the rope thing on his back.
We did see her death. She was shown to be shot by the Beast Pirates, which debunks this theory easily.

It's obvious you have no reading comprehension
2 different scenarios

Sanji is stressing out because he just resisted his captors who are holding his friends and family as hostages
while
Zolo is fighting fodder

Unless Zolo has personal history with those fodder or they stressing him out for some reason- Zolo is huffing from fighting
lmao this bum Sanju was tired vs a door

meanwhile zoro taking on 500 headliners:milaugh:
the door won high diff:josad:

Last edited:
First off this was an exceptional chapter. No doubt.

The chapter overall has forced a major re-assessment of the Tobi Roppo in terms of their worth as characters, as well as the Beast Pirates as a whole who, have suffered significant underestimations (other than Kaidou and the Calamities) due to their deliberately low portrayals during the earlier portions of the arc. Now in Onigashima, Oda is beginning to redress some of that.

Even so, people quickly denounced the Tobi Roppo as trash, all because of earlier ambiguous representations (re Sasaki) and felt that Ulti and Page 1 were just glorified fodder to Luffy's 5th Yonnkou greatness. Glad to see Oda subvert expectations here (chortle)

The best thing about this chapter is that we get to see a cute female actually get physical, get bloodied, and bloody back her opponent. No quarters given. How long has it been since we've had that in OP? This wasn't a gag like Sugar, or a simple clash like Monet. This was an actual fight. No cheating or hax powers involved either. And Ulti not only shows commendable physical strength but also prowess in CoA and CoO and was able to match Luffy. To the point Luffy was pressed till he felt had to draw out G4. That's just bloody stupendous.

It took Ulti getting blind-sided oneshot by Yamato to end the fight. Again, Ulti gets massive respect here. No shame in how she fought or how she fell. I also don't think this is the end for Ulti and Page 1. In the long term, this may signal a new wilingness by Oda to display a new more aggressive dynamic when it comes to his female characters fighting. One can hope.

The next point happens at the beginning. There's a lot of praise for Perospero here on his 'brazen balls' and initiative. But it obscures the facts. He's basically ditched the rest of his crew, going it alone all the while thinking of going against his captain's wishes. Sounds familiar. Oh right, the whole reason for WCI was Sanji deciding to go it alone, ditch his crew and go against his captain's wishes. That time plot and MC-armour saved the day. Don't think the outcome will be quite so rosy for Perospero here.

As some have noted, he's pretty much the only BMP with blood on his hands (Oven don't count anymore lol coverpage) and he's headed to where a whole nation of Minks and Carrot are gathered. Some sort of reckoning is on the cards here.

Speaking of the BMP, we get to see Big Mom being scary again. Her animating the household items is eerie and menacing while fitting with the supernatural Japanese themes of animated objects (yokai). It will be interesting if BM is using her own soul to do so and if this has any bearing on her later on. Thankfully she's still after the head of Luffy. No mind-fuckery or power of friendship here.

Chapter ends with the highlight being Yamato's entrance. And what an entrance. This was a hype intro, no matter how one spins it. Kinda like how Kaidou got 2 hype intros as well. He comes in with the same exact same move and posture as his dad wielding 'Thunder Bagua'. They pretty much mirror each other even down to one-shotting two hotheads. Like father like son. So it's hard to believe that Yamato is either Oden or Oden's son. He basically introduced himself as Kaidou's son. That's really it. Occam's razor in play here as far as I'm concerned.

And no way would Oda have Kaidou either keep Toki and impregnate (rape) her or take her unborn child from her corpse and raise it as his own. Seriously. Those things would make him pretty near detestable. This isn't Orochi or Spandam here. Kaidou is more like Doflamingo who was scum but still a character/villain one can fan over.

Yea he/Yamato has some accessories and stylings reminiscent of Oden, but also of Kaidou as well. To assert he's Oden/Oden's son when in-manga its stated something else - is reaching, since there is no corroborating evidence.

More plausible that Yamato for whatever reason decided to incorporate certain things from Oden. Perhaps he heard about Oden, the only man to have wounded his 'invincible' father and decided that is someone to fanboy over.

The other idea is that he's BM's sprog. Really? When did BM and Kaidou meet up? She herself stated they hadn't seen each other in decades. That means if Yamato's was hers he'd have to be 20+ years old at least. But if as many suspect he's in his teens or below 20 years old then he couldn't be the offspring of Kaidou and BM. But more generally, I don't think Oda will go the route of having Kaidou and BM be an actual couple with a kid.

I think Kaidou's family issues ( which will play a role in the arc) are separate and distinct from BM and hers and he'd keep it that way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.