Chapter Discussion One Piece chapter 983: Thunder

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather enjoyable chapter to be fair. I enjoyed it way more than what the spoilers entailed.

Ulti and Luffy looking mad clean. Ulti's headbutt's are damm strong to push back Luffy, and even made him think about going into geat 4 to tank her upgraded version.

Perespero's also looking clean af just chilling on his candy sludge. He and Kata are the most competent of the BM prirates, easily above even their captain.

Page 1 will need to redeem himself, he's looking like the weakest out of the F6 right now unless Black Maria is below him. He's getting speed blizt by base Luffy.

But yamato jheezus. Look at this man. Look at that form.

Like father, like son. He gave out some next level of PTSD to Luffy after the thunder Buaga.

Yamato should easily be above the likes F6, and is possibly ~ Jack.

Solid chapter 7.5/10
That mace of his is huge.

You're confusing a few things.

(1) Hardness of your attack is not just dependent on your CoA. It's also dependent on the hardness of your body/DF. Jozu's attacks sting not just because of his Haki, but also because he's made of diamond.

There is a reason he coats his arm in diamond. It's not just about Haki. Haki + Diamond = More durability.

It's the same thing for Ulti. A pachycephhlosaurus has a tough/durable head made to headbutt. So we can't ascertain Ulti's level of CoA, because her head is already super tough to begin with.

(2) Like I explained in the other thread, there are different types of Haki. Katakuri still has better Color of Armaments: Hardening, or Busoshoku: Koka than Luffy.

As Oda wrote, "Busoshoku" is the category of Haki, "Koka" (hardening) is the specific model. But Luffy is training in penetration Haki, which is a completely different branch.

For example, you can't say Katakuri has better CoO than Enel, because while Katakuri can see more forward into time, Enel can hear a pin drop on the side of the island, so he can hear further in space. Again, there are different types of Haki, even Rayleigh mentioned this.
There's also the fact that Ulti was on full offense+named attack, while Luffy was on defense. He added force but he was still on defense.

Sigh,can people stop flooding threads with F-tier trolling attempts?
Oda had Sanji being completely out of breath and sweating profusely ,after kicking Bobbins one time. Is his stamina that bad???

every damn passing chapter it becomes worse...

Chapter was good,butNot much to say really.
After putting Pokémon on Kid's arm ,he now makes makes Ulti be Rampardos :finally:.It sure fits her personality..

Once again though,Oda shows that he won't make the male SHs beat to a pulp a female. While he made Luffy use g3 against P1 he just tossed Ulti on the ground. And people expect him to face Linlin.

Speaking of her,I do start feeling her wildcardness,along with Just Perospero being the only one climbing the waterfall. Quite curious about Zeus as well,since I don't think Nami will lose him ,especially that soon ,when she hasn't even use him really ...

Yamato is intriguing for now.
Interested in him waiting for Luffy. Premonition through a fruit or since he heard he was locked in Udon,he expected him to show up?
Quite peculiar choice the handcuffs as well.. We know he wasn't tied since Kaidou wanted him to show up. Are they kairouseki to restrict his DF? Or are they just there ,like Trebol's ones?

Certainly I can't wait for the next chapter ,yet I dread we will get early spoilers again...

Sigh,can people stop flooding threads with F-tier trolling attempts?
Oda had Sanji being completely out of breath and sweating profusely ,after kicking Bobbins one time. Is his stamina that bad???
It's obvious you have no reading comprehension
2 different scenarios

Sanji is stressing out because he just resisted his captors who are holding his friends and family as hostages
while
Zolo is fighting fodder

Unless Zolo has personal history with those fodder or they stressing him out for some reason- Zolo is huffing from fighting

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Now that Perospero is on his way to Onigashima on his own, Daifuku should also call out his Genie and have him carry him to Onigashima to join the party..:queenmoji:
He couldn't deal with Fodder rabbit. He ain't that smart.

Only Peros will get to Onigashima quickly if the rest is going to join it will be when the war is midway thru.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
Looks to me like he was getting tortured, maybe like his dad he has really tough skin. And kaido is having him tortured/beat up to make him more of a man. Dude seems kinda meek/weak willed tbh.
Yeah he doesn't seem like any of the beast pirates or his dad. He seems to prefer keeping a low profile.

Yeah that makes sense. His son didn't quite turn out how he wanted so he holds him captive. A bit of a shitty situation to be honest.

Yeah he doesn't seem like any of the beast pirates or his dad. He seems to prefer keeping a low profile.

Yeah that makes sense. His son didn't quite turn out how he wanted so he holds him captive. A bit of a shitty situation to be honest.
Yeah, yamato also means this, just checked out the meaning of the name:

From YAMATO, an ancient name for Japan. It can also refer to the Yamato period in Japanese history, which lasted into the 8th century. The individual kanji are meaning "great" and meaning "harmony".
wholesome strong.

I also heard that one of the kanjis of it means peace.

I think yamato is not warmongering at all, he is peacefull. And doesnt like fighting. When king asked the f6 to get him, he specifically said bring him back/subdue him. Not defeat him. So while he is extremely strong, he seems super docile.

But i guess something about luffy made him act. Even then, when he held luffy, he apologized and told him he wasnt going to hurt him.

Yeah, yamato also means this, just checked out the meaning of the name:

From YAMATO, an ancient name for Japan. It can also refer to the Yamato period in Japanese history, which lasted into the 8th century. The individual kanji are meaning "great" and meaning "harmony".
wholesome strong.

I also heard that one of the kanjis of it means peace.

I think yamato is not warmongering at all, he is peacefull. And doesnt like fighting. When king asked the f6 to get him, he specifically said bring him back/subdue him. Not defeat him. So while he is extremely strong, he seems super docile.

But i guess something about luffy made him act. Even then, when he held luffy, he apologized and told him he wasnt going to hurt him.
Yamato should totally go take Tashigi's katana from her then.

Status
Not open for further replies.